Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I can understand why the Wii has issues with N64 games considering it has a low amount of RAM. The N64 games I've played on the Wii and Wii U play really well but I can see if game have a lot of action then the framerate can suffer. The PS3 has major issues with some of the PS2 Classics and even some of the HD remakes.

I am not familiar with the GBA issues you speak of.
Clerily sir you haven't player Paper Mario 64, not only is the frame rate crap but the screen flickers in many areas, I don't even understand how they released that at this state, the only other time I saw a really bad emulator being sold legally is Sonic Claccis Collection for the NDS and having the fact Sega didn't have the remakes by then (Not counting the disaster that is Sonic Genesis) plus the NDS hardware limitations I can cut SEGA some slack on the bad emulation there, at least they had the decency not to include Blue Sphere because it had the worst frame rate and flickering in the game, though they kept Sonic 3 special stages so there's that!

btw how did you get PS2 Classic to work? I tried everything and followed every tutorial step by step correctly but for some damn reason PS2 Classic never worked for me, always black screen!

Anyway back on topic of Nintendont I wanna ask FIX94 since the GG/MD games in Sonic Gems Collection broke a few revisions back would it be possible to track down and get them fixed? Also I still get an error message when I try to use real memory card but I'm not sure why, thanks!

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That explanation sounds pretty fabricated and unsubstantiated. That being said, that's false information and that version works just fine with Nintendont. 1232 is WIP, 1231 is official, and was updated by a mod.

Unless shawnchalfant means 1231 and 1232 is a typo, but I dont think he is.
See for yourself (link removed, should post a pic instead)
view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3DDlNICMKMGZ3NXQnljZktmWkk/view?usp=sharing
though its in Chinese but you should be able to figure out what it is.

Is "privacy" the word you were trying to use? It doesn't sound right.

I am on 1231 for the USB Loader GX.

typo my bad, I mean Piracy

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Clerily sir you haven't player Paper Mario 64, not only is the frame rate crap but the screen flickers in many areas, I don't even understand how they released that at this state, the only other time I saw a really bad emulator being sold legally is Sonic Claccis Collection for the NDS and having the fact Sega didn't have the remakes by then (Not counting the disaster that is Sonic Genesis) plus the NDS hardware limitations I can cut SEGA some slack on the bad emulation there, at least they had the decency not to include Blue Sphere because it had the worst frame rate and flickering in the game, though they kept Sonic 3 special stages so there's that!

btw how did you get PS2 Classic to work? I tried everything and followed every tutorial step by step correctly but for some damn reason PS2 Classic never worked for me, always black screen!

Anyway back on topic of Nintendont I wanna ask FIX94 since the GG/MD games in Sonic Gems Collection broke a few revisions back would it be possible to track down and get them fixed? Also I still get an error message when I try to use real memory card but I'm not sure why, thanks!
I never played the GG/MD games from Gems collection because I already have them in GenPlusGX.
Even though, do you know what was the exact revision in which those had sound?
Could also fix the SADX ones.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I never played the GG/MD games from Gems collection because I already have them in GenPlusGX.
Even though, do you know what was the exact revision in which those had sound?
Could also fix the SADX ones.
Actually the ones in SADX and Mega Collection seem to work fine, I don't remember the exact revision that broke them because I didn't test them in a while but I remember the last time I checked them and they worked fine with sound was before the real memory card support, not saying that real memory card support broke it for all I know it could have worked then!

Edit: I just realized my previous comment was edited and somehow the message I initially wrote about playing GG/MD Roms was removed, anyway I don't really care much for the Roms in Gems Collection as I no longer play them there anymore, I played them back in the days before learning about homebrew emulators (well at least I played the Vectorman games since I played the GG ones in Sonic Adventure and some I played on real hard ware at a friend's house) but it would still be nice if they got fixed since they were working a few revisions before!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually the ones in SADX and Mega Collection seem to work fine, I don't remember the exact revision that broke them because I didn't test them in a while but I remember the last time I checked them and they worked fine with sound was before the real memory card support, not saying that real memory card support broke it for all I know it could have worked then!
So both DX and Mega collcetion GG and MD games are working with sound with the latest revision but not those from Gems?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So both DX and Mega collcetion GG and MD games are working with sound with the latest revision but not those from Gems?
Actually each one of these games uses a totally different emulator, I did some hacking back in the days, Mega Collection Plus (which came out on PS2/Xbox/PC) uses the same emulator and encrypted Rom format as Gems Collection, however vanilla Mega Collection uses a different one, so does Sonic Adventure DX

Fun fact, Sega Smash Pack on Dreamcast uses a different format too, the Roms weren't very encrypted and could work on a regular Genesis emulator!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually each one of these games uses a totally different emulator, I did some hacking back in the days, Mega Collection Plus (which came out on PS2/Xbox/PC) uses the same emulator and encrypted Rom format as Gems Collection, however vanilla Mega Collection uses a different one, so does Sonic Adventure DX

Fun fact, Sega Smash Pack on Dreamcast uses a different format too, the Roms weren't very encrypted and could work on a regular Genesis emulator!
So that is it, the emulator used for those games is different than that of the other 2 games, which might explain why they don't load up sound while the other does.
Pretty interesting, indeed.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
So that is it, the emulator used for those games is different than that of the other 2 games, which might explain why they don't load up sound while the other does.
Pretty interesting, indeed.
I mentioned this before, the missing audio isn't from the game but the emulator, notice how there's a noticeable sudden mute when loading a game and how the menu doesn't have sound either, also if you hit "restart" on a GG game it will get stuck, however this doesn't happen with the MD games, something interrupts the emulator that runs the games right when you select a game which causes the missing audio!

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tested some games yesterday - perfect, almost all the games work! Prince of Persia Warrior Within seems to be a problematic game.

Another question: How can I change the names of the Roms in Nintendont? I know there was a trick, but I can't remember.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tested some games yesterday - perfect, almost all the games work! Prince of Persia Warrior Within seems to be a problematic game.

Another question: How can I change the names of the Roms in Nintendont? I know there was a trick, but I can't remember.
There is no trick.
You gotta have them in different folders.
Like:
/games/The Legend of Zelda - Wind waker/game.iso

And that's it.
Maybe you can try just leaving the .iso in the /games folder like this:
/games/The Legend of Zelda - Wind Waker.iso

See if that works out for you, although I wouldn't do that.

finally was able to go through most game timer problems so here we go:
-added a very general game timer patcher which should cover up most games which run too fast
With general I mean very general, hopefully this doesnt patch anything wrong, good luck testing :)

THANK YOU! :D

Reactions: Bimmel

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
One again you done well Fix, thank you!

There is a trick but it's more hustle than it's worth, just use a loader and install WiiTDB it's easier!

Reactions: Bimmel

MrRom92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask again since a few pages have gone by and it hasn't been addressed - I am not seeing anywhere in the tutorial what to do with saves, only the difference between different modes of memory card emulation

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll ask again since a few pages have gone by and it hasn't been addressed - I am not seeing anywhere in the tutorial what to do with saves, only the difference between different modes of memory card emulation
in the matter of saves here is the easiest

run nintendont turn mcemu on and multi on and choose like a 1024 save dont go higher, then run any game it will ask you to format the mc card acept that and let that game creat a save file on the card.

Exit and plug you hdd to the pc use dolphin go to tools and memory card manager, open your multi card there and just import all your gcis in there. its the easiest way

fixes Call of Duty 2,Dragon lair and all 3 lord of the rings speed issues for anyone who wants to play them they are fine now.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
finally was able to go through most game timer problems so here we go:
-added a very general game timer patcher which should cover up most games which run too fast
With general I mean very general, hopefully this doesnt patch anything wrong, good luck testing :)
Thank you very, very much!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1