Hacking Nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I think u guys aren't aware what true widescreen is, if the image gets stretched it's not widescreen. Just wanted to mention it for all the guys putting green on the compat list for the widescreen hack option. So many posts saying that things are widescreen when they're not.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did. Whatever that guy posted, his iso file is definitely bad, he always posted luigis mansion not working.
Yeah actually that's why I asked him to verify the ISO, I've seen that in most of his reports he has Luigi's Mansion reported as not working.
Odd since it should be working fine.

Thanks for the heads up!

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Just played a few cups of MK:DD, a few races of F-Zero GX, 2 stages of Viewtiful Joe 2 and last but not least 10 stages of Smash Melee with Nintendont and the PDP Wii/Wii U Gamecube controller.
Wii-U-GameCube-Controller-PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-Mario-Peach-Yoshi-620x250.jpg

I can confirm it works wonderfully, with all homebrew I've tested it on so far, Nintendont and official games as well. Very nice.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just played a few cups of MK:DD, a few races of F-Zero GX, 2 stages of Viewtiful Joe 2 and last but not least 10 stages of Smash Melee with Nintendont and the PDP Wii/Wii U Gamecube controller.

I can confirm it works wonderfully, with all homebrew I've tested it on so far, Nintendont and official games as well. Very nice.

Does it have rumble?

If so I may just pick one up today.

EDIT:
Just remembered that no controller can rumble using the Wii Remote's Controller port. Oh well.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ogmj8qlwzosjwsvl3u4d.jpg
What I like about that one is that the C-Stick is greatly improved and actually bigger, it is now similar to the normal Analog Stick.

Although, one big downside to the GC controller is that is has a petite D-Pad and that makes playing retro games quite odd.
The Classic Controller did get this right, although I would have preferred to have the Analog stick up and the D-pad down.

Anyway, I am greatly enjoying this app!
And I am greatly thankful and amazed at the constant work put into it :)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NO rumble unfortunately only via the wiimote. Put it in your pants u might like it.
Lol wtf?
Hahaha
Let me get this straight, the Wii Remote rumbles when using this controller?
Yeah the Wiimote is the only thing that rumbles, the controller itself has no built-in vibrator.

Reactions: MassiveRican

erginemr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2.173 007 Games Test:

007 Agent Under Fire (USA) = Freeze after second mission still.
007 Agent Under fire (UK/PAL) = Freeze on boot still.
007 Everything or Nothing (USA) = Freeze loading the second mission still.
007 Everything or Nothing (UK/PAL) = Perfect
007 Everything or Nothing (EU/GER) = Perfect

For Everything or Nothing US version, there is a "by-pass" method:

The game's ID is GENP69. I have created a text file "GENP69.txt" with the following cheats:

Code:
GENP69
James Bond 007 - Everything or Nothing

MI6 TRAINING COMPLETE
280101CE 00000008
024C2918 0000CA80
E2000001 80008000

Unlock/Complete Missions
280101CE 00000008
084C28F4 0000B000
10200012 00000000
E2000001 80008000

put the file into the codes subfolder of USB Loader GX and enabled the first one through USB Loader GX. Thus I could bypass the second mission (MI6 Training) and continue with the next one. The second cheat above also does the job as it unlocks all missions.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
has anyone tested midway collections 2 and 3 as of 2.171? i dont have access to a tv lately. i hear the blackscreens/lockups on loading various games are no longer there. also are the audio problems still around( i recall some ingame audio being distorted, rush2049 or hydrothunder i think) thanks
I reported that a few pages ago, Midway Treasures 2 still doesn't work, not sure about Midway Treasures 3!

I didn't know they released the controller already, looks nice actually might pick one up instead of the classic controller if confirmed the R/L triggers are analog, I like how they added both (+/-) buttons there and the D-pad looks much more comfy, however I can't say I like the change in the C-stick, I liked the old (nipple) design one felt more comfortable for a right stick for me, oh well glad to know I can always get another GC controller for the Wii U!

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Most important questions: does it have analog triggers? If yes, does nintendont reckgnize it as analog triggers? I guess no, since they are probably recognizes as CCP. If that's the case: Does the controller send analog trigger data e.g. A flexible value instead of just 0 and 1 for pressed and not pressed.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Most important questions: does it have analog triggers? If yes, does nintendont reckgnize it as analog triggers? I guess no, since they are probably recognizes as CCP. If that's the case: Does the controller send analog trigger data e.g. A flexible value instead of just 0 and 1 for pressed and not pressed.
I can confirm that the controller has analog triggers ZR/ZL and they are pressure sensitive. Luigi's mansion and Super Mario Sunshine work like a charm. Loving this remote more than I thought, I have to admit though it took me a while to get used to it's feel, but definitely worth it.

Reactions: pedrobarca

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm that the controller has analog triggers ZR/ZL and they are pressure sensitive. Luigi's mansion and Super Mario Sunshine work like a charm. Loving this remote more than I thought, I have to admit though it took me a while to get used to it's feel, but definitely worth it.
They are First party right? Officially released by nintendo?
Also, can you tell me if there is any difference in the size of the D-Pad in comparison with the normal NGC controller?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendont is still under development, some parts of DM(L) exceed Nindont and some parts for Nindont exceed DM(L) best to use both if you can since each has its own benefits and compatibility!

Well I noticed that DM breaks running Eternal Darkness from a retail disc so assuming all my games work on Nintendon't I will probably switch.

MassiveRican

Trophies
XP
Country
Strange at which point? I've run the entire game down albeit w/o audio streaming, no breaks. Might want to defrag your ISO prior to using a different clean rip with Defraggler. Either way I wouldn't want to play the game w/o Audio Streaming anyway, since DM w/audio streaming has not been released I would opt for Nintendont regardless. Ok that got a bit confusing lol, sorry, go on with Nintendont and your bad self ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I really didn't like playing online against other people always felt like I was being matched...