Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you see people posting it's unstable? I haven't seen a post about it in weeks

I thought I did, for some reason, just odd that the wiki hasn't had the game updated to 2.148 is all, I thought I saw someone say it crashed randomly before/during or after battles. What about Mario Sunshine? Also stable?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I did, for some reason, just odd that the wiki hasn't had the game updated to 2.148 is all, I thought I saw someone say it crashed randomly before/during or after battles. What about Mario Sunshine? Also stable?

TTYD had 2 updates. The first update made it where it AT LEAST loaded the battles sometimes. The devs tried for the second time and made the battles 100% stable

Sunshine became stable when Melee became stable. Sometime before r40 when the original dsp code was added

Reactions: _47iscool

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TTYD had 2 updates. The first update made it where it AT LEAST loaded the battles sometimes. The devs tried for the second time and made the battles 100% stable

Sunshine became stable when Melee became stable. Sometime before r40 when the original dsp code was added

So in essence, both games are perfectly playable and stable?

Reactions: _47iscool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So in essence, both games are perfectly playable and stable?
I've completed Sunshine 100% with the only possible issues being that the audio for acquiring a Shine was like 2 sec delayed, but that was very rare.
Paper Mario has worked fine for me for a couple of hours.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
2.149 Wii
Crashes on Checking FS, on Odama and Zelda 4 swords. Not checked anything more yet

Edit: Crashes on Checking FS on everything. What is latest stable version?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.149 Wii
Crashes on Checking FS, on Odama and Zelda 4 swords. Not checked anything more yet

Edit: Crashes on Checking FS on everything. What is latest stable version?

Checking FS is an error on your end. It means the drive your games are on is not formatted correctly

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Ah so the cropped it to 16:9 and will pan as you go about.
But the image is till that 4:3?

Hmm, well i guess it would take quite a bit more time to actually add more content to that original image, as you have to also make the character able to move there (or not).
But not sure how they got the images, if they had the original 3d models and just re-rendered them, or took the old ones and filtered.

If it's the first, i am impressed.

Overall though, can't complain about the crop zoom thing as i can't imagine a better way without adding serious complexity, but still no what you want ideally;P

Thanks for the link:)

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I updated from 1.xx to latest. Worked fine before, i guess.
I guess I will see what I can do about it. Windows did complain about the drive whenever I connect it, so I am going to let it use its auto tool to "fix bad sectors". I assume it will take 1-2 hours for windows to fix it.
I assume thats sorta equal to checkdisk. I can't remember the sector size of the FAT32

If anybody knows: Where do I start, and or what keywords do I google?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated from 1.xx to latest. Worked fine before, i guess.
I guess I will see what I can do about it. Windows did complain about the drive whenever I connect it, so I am going to let it use its auto tool to "fix bad sectors". I assume it will take 1-2 hours for windows to fix it.
I assume thats sorta equal to checkdisk. I can't remember the sector size of the FAT32

If anybody knows: Where do I start, and or what keywords do I google?

if it worked before then try deleting your nincfg

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah so the cropped it to 16:9 and will pan as you go about.
But the image is till that 4:3?

Hmm, well i guess it would take quite a bit more time to actually add more content to that original image, as you have to also make the character able to move there (or not).
But not sure how they got the images, if they had the original 3d models and just re-rendered them, or took the old ones and filtered.

If it's the first, i am impressed.

Overall though, can't complain about the crop zoom thing as i can't imagine a better way without adding serious complexity, but still no what you want ideally;P

Thanks for the link:)

Yep, that's what they did.
Basically, 16:9 is a cropped image of the 4:3, and as the character moves the camera will follow it until the next image transition occurs.
I don't find it quite interesting, as it just shows that Capcom is trying to make quick money out of it by adding HD textures and trying to accomplish 16:9 without stretching the image instead of doing a proper build for the next-gen consoles.

Anyway, hope this gives you a more clear picture as of why Widescreen hack doesn't work for some games.

zerowalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yep, that's what they did.
Basically, 16:9 is a cropped image of the 4:3, and as the character moves the camera will follow it until the next image transition occurs.
I don't find it quite interesting, as it just shows that Capcom is trying to make quick money out of it by adding HD textures and trying to accomplish 16:9 without stretching the image instead of doing a proper build for the next-gen consoles.

Anyway, hope this gives you a more clear picture as of why Widescreen hack doesn't work for some games.

Can't disagree. But well it would be a bit a remake to change the size of the background (in a gaming sense).
But indeed, Re-mastering should be done thorough, not some quickie.

I however did know why Widescreen didn't work in some games (at least the concept, as i can clearly see something made for a certain size will break if you change that, except of course Rendering 3D etc).
I was more confused as to why people mentioned it as an issue (which i thought was meant towards Gamecube compatibility).

But as it has Widescreen "checkboxes" there i fully understand how the list works:)

Great help, much appreciated:)

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do yourself a favor, get one of these hard drives that don't go to sleep, I suffered with DM before I switched to WD My Passport and disabled sleep!

It's not that because this is the same HDD I use for WiiFlow/UsbLoadGX and it has never had an issue with spindown on those.

Perhaps Nintendont needs to update their keep alive code or something, admittedly I haven't tested same game on SD yet.

(PS, I'm going to try the drive setup and disable sleep mode..... even though it doesn't effect UsbLoaderGX with Wii Games, It might be the issue with Nintendon't)

UPDATE: It was already set to disabled...... so yeh that's not the issue.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 crashed on 2.148, max pads set to 1 just in case that helps. It shows the "now loading" screen, then just hangs there. Can anyone confirm? Wiki say it's green or working as of version 2.145, I have 2.148. Verified the dump as clean according to the SHA1, CRC32 and MD5, all which match the hashes on http://redump.org/disc/4941/

SHA1 - 8fd5510e28b32545f8f31c365e467e55
MD5 - 8563eda345d77e0b655c2a35aa3c0bf12125f854
CRC32 - 38e54e39
Size - 1459978240 bytes

There is absolutely no reason why the ISO shouldn't work, is there? It clearly is labeled under compatible...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 crashed on 2.148, max pads set to 1 just in case that helps. It shows the "now loading" screen, then just hangs there. Can anyone confirm? Wiki say it's green or working as of version 2.145, I have 2.148. Verified the dump as clean according to the SHA1, CRC32 and MD5, all which match the hashes on http://redump.org/disc/4941/

CRC32 - 38e54e39
Size - 1459978240 bytes

There is absolutely no reason why the ISO shouldn't work, is there? It clearly is labeled under compatible...

try with 2.145 to see if it works or not. If it doesn't, maybe redump your game and try again?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CRC32 - 38e54e39
Size - 1459978240 bytes

I tested it when audio streaming was added and it was working perfect

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try with 2.145 to see if it works or not. If it doesn't, maybe redump your game and try again?

Even though the dump matches the hashes perfectly on redump.org and has the perfect file size of 1459978240 bytes? I can try, but it must have broke in 2.146 if it worked on 2.145.

I tested it when audio streaming was added and it was working perfect

Right, but it says last working version 2.145, not 2.148, which I'm on, I want to know what's going on, seeing as the dump is clean and verified; the hashes match the ones on the database exactly, so that in and of itself shouldn't really cause the game not to go past the loading screen. Has anyone had success on 2.148? How on earth are people supposed to know if the ISO dump they make is clean or not, esp. if they match all the SHA1, CRC32, etc?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not saying it is impossible, but I had to redump Spyro a hero's tail three time before I got it to work, it always crashed at progressive scan screen before. At the third attempt, it now works flawlessly since 1.80.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm im back