Hacking Nintendont

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Probably because they have in mind: If cutscenes are bugged, then games should be marked as "issues"
By the way, I edited Burnout entry, not a random guy with no knowledge.

Edit: What the fuck !? someone edited F-Zero to orange with this note: "Nintendon't returns to the homebrew channel after the AV Logo at intro" It works fine for me...
Fixed it.
Hahaha noobzzzzz!!!
Seems like the audio streaming support brought a lot of newbies to the project and now they are all adding stuff in the compatibility list without further testing or debugging.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is way too much sodding inconsistencies in the compatibility list, what with people changing statuses solely based off buggy cutscenes or other glitches that don't otherwise impact the game. Oy vey. That makes more work for those who test. People REALLY need to be careful when they update.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There is way too much sodding inconsistencies in the compatibility list, what with people changing statuses solely based off buggy cutscenes or other glitches that don't otherwise impact the game. Oy vey. That makes more work for those who test. People REALLY need to be careful when they update.

lol, thats what noobs are for.

Now seriously, When ppl have a problem with a certain rip, do themselves a favor and verify the rip against redump.org

In theroy, if 2 files matches CRC, MD5 or SHA, the chances that the 2 files are not byte to byte identical is next to zero. Or else why would redump.org exist at all.
Of Course, those data are submitted by users, so there are still chances that those are bad dumps, but redump.org do have a system to prevent that (See how the status column is color coded and read the guides)
And the chance of having a dump identical to another person and that being a bad dump is real small unless its a manufacturing defect.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Every time I've edited the compatibility list, I've checked here first with other users to verify that others have the same problem (e.g. Sonic CD on Sonic Gems). People mean well when they edit the list, but people really need to post here first to confirm that others have the same problems.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are still marking games from working -> not working and not updating the last working revision column. I'm just going to start going through and undoing it myself

Reactions: MassiveRican

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are still marking games from working -> not working and not updating the last working revision column. I'm just going to start going through and undoing it myself

Can't we just have a way to make it so people have to log in to keep track on who keeps dinking around so aimlessly? Frankly, it's really starting to become irksome, and something should be done to control it.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't we just have a way to make it so people have to log in to keep track on who keeps dinking around so aimlessly? Frankly, it's really starting to become irksome, and something should be done to control it.

Actually I posted prematurely. They made a second edit to include the last working revision:lol:

Reactions: the_randomizer

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
someone needs to ban the ip of the guy that keeps changing every game that has troubles in the cutscenes to orangue, dkn who is in charge of this but something needs to be done about that guy.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
About changing the color for issues YOU don't care :

I also wanted to say that starting to detail issue in intro/video/not essential to gameplay is probably a good idea.
We focused the compatibility list only on important bugs at first because a lot of game didn't work.
Now most of them are working, I think it's time to also list minor issues. If the game is marked as Green/working fine 100%, how would developers know that it has to fix the intro someday?

if other devs agree of course, but I think now that a lot of games are working it could be interesting, instead of fighting each other few pages long to know who did what and revert correct reports to mask them and do like everything was 100% working. It's not 100% working, and sometime it will have to be fixed.

The devs can pick the issue they want to fix, listing them is not a problem in the development objective, any fix is good.
Nobody discussed it, so we don't know if users agree or not.
in my opinion, it should be listed.
Why not fix video/intro issues for all games, if it's a single fix to do? it would prevent having users ALWAYS changing the color and you would stop asking who did it.
correctly reporting issue is not better than overseeing what you don't care?

Maybe changing a game to "issue" and not changing the "last working version" is because there's no last working version ? if a game always had issues with cutscene, there's no latest working version.

I don't say there are not users who really don't understand how to edit wiki, nor vandalisms. some users just don't care to test the latest working version.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Why not fix video/intro issues for all games, if it's a single fix to do? it would prevent having users ALWAYS changing the color and you would stop asking who did it.

Maybe changing a game to "issue" and not changing the "last working version" is because there's no last working version ? if a game always had issues with cutscene, there's no latest working version.

I don't say there are not users who really don't understand how to edit wiki, nor vandalisms. some users just don't care to test the latest working version.
there are still alot of games that dont flat out work, so if we start making every little issue making a game orange then those games will never be fixed, we still have alot of 1.5x speed games, games that randomly freeze, games that dont boot up or freeze before reaching ingame, and until most of this issues are fixed i dont think every game changed to orange because the cutscne lags abit is advised imo, becuase devs could change their attention to that instead for the games that really need thme to be playable.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
like I said, developers can pick the issues in the order they want.
If they are not made aware of all issues, they can miss fixes.

I don't understand why you prefer seeing all the list in green (self satisfaction?), instead of correctly reporting issues.
fixing easy fix is part of improving the loader and could even make more game back to green.

I guess all users don't have the same view on reporting issues.
You should define what need to be reported and what don't, in the wiki page guide.
What need to be only in the comment column, etc.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
like I said, developers can pick the issues in the order they want.
If they are not made aware of all issues, they can miss fixes.

I don't understand why you prefer seeing all the list in green (self satisfaction?), instead of correctly reporting issues.
fixing easy fix is part of improving the loader and could even make more game back to green.

I guess all users don't have the same view on reporting issues.
You should define what need to be reported and what don't, in the wiki page guide.
all the custcenes issues are on the notes so i dont see why the issues part is 100% needed anyway unless your telling me the devs dont care about the notes.

Someone said dragon lair afew pages back didnt run at 1.5x speed i just tryed and it does atleast the pal version, i think there are diferent speeds, for instance lord of the rings trilogy seems to run at 2x speed while call of duty 2 and dragon lair seem to be at 1.5x speed.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country

^This, wither the game is playable or not every issue needs to be addressed, I understand more care needs to be added to gameplay than cutscsnes but this doesn't mean cutscsnes aren't important, after all this is why we add a description next to the game with the issue!

If we don't need to count games that have issues with cutscsnes we might as well not include games that crash randomly or games that have input issues, I mean they sort of work, right? Hell why stop there? we shall mark games that don't save green because, hey, who needs to save his progress when he can start all over every time he wanna play?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
all the custcenes issues are on the notes so i dont see why the issues part is 100% needed anyway unless your telling me the devs dont care about the notes.

Someone said dragon lair afew pages back didnt run at 1.5x speed i just tryed and it does atleast the pal version, i think there are diferent speeds, for instance lord of the rings trilogy seems to run at 2x speed while call of duty 2 and dragon lair seem to be at 1.5x speed.
I tried the US version and I didn't notice any speed up, I could be wrong though it's been a while since I beat it before, I did however notice that TMNT is sped up so that one I can confirm!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.