Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying it is impossible, but I had to redump Spyro a hero's tail three time before I got it to work, it always crashed at progressive scan screen before. At the third attempt, it now works flawlessly since 1.80.

Damn, that's what I was afraid of...will try again....ugh....sodding dump..

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Damn, that's what I was afraid of...will try again....ugh....sodding dump..

I know, that is really annoying. Once I am sure the dump is perfect, I carefully back it up on my HDD.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, that is really annoying. Once I am sure the dump is perfect, I carefully back it up on my HDD.

But that's just it, the ISO matched everything, all the hashes on the redump database, which would indicate a clean dump, wouldn't it? If it matches, doesn't that mean a clean dump?

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
But that's just it, the ISO matched everything, all the hashes on the redump database, which would indicate a clean dump, wouldn't it? If it matches, doesn't that mean a clean dump?

Yeah you are right... Personnaly, I never get to that site. I dumped my games with Cios Iso dumper 1.2 by Waninkoko (damn old software) The process is SLOW. But, this makes me think the game is fully copied byte-per-byte, meaning a clean 1:1 ISO. Once done, I fully test it on my Wii, then I keep the file safely. My previous case with Spyro was different, I got the game from my sister recently, a used but not scrtched one, I didn't want to wait long, so I gave a go on Cleanrip... The problem? Two dumps, none worked on nintendont, even if the game worked perfectly on dolphin. Got back on the old software (glad my old wii still works) redumped the game in almost 2 hours... Guess what? It worked perfectly after the process :rofl2:

So for your problem, I suggest you to redump the game, even if all the hashes matches already ;)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you are right... Personnaly, I never get to that site. I dumped my games with Cios Iso dumper 1.2 by Waninkoko (damn old software) The process is SLOW. But, this makes me think the game is fully copied byte-per-byte, meaning a clean 1:1 ISO. Once done, I fully test it on my Wii, then I keep the file safely. My previous case with Spyro was different, I got the game from my sister recently, a used but not scrtched one, I didn't want to wait long, so I gave a go on Cleanrip... The problem? Two dumps, none worked on nintendont, even if the game worked perfectly on dolphin. Got back on the old software (glad my old wii still works) redumped the game in almost 2 hours... Guess what? It worked perfectly after the process :rofl2:

So for your problem, I suggest you to redump the game, even if all the hashes matches already ;)

All the other games I reverified on that site work fine, so it sounds like the ISO is simply corrupted somehow. I use USB Loader GX since CleanRip is very picky. So I know the rest of my games are clean and work fine, will try again.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That's the main reason why I don't do dumps of my games with my Wii.
I had a history of laser reading issues with my Wii due to long plays with Black Ops (anyone that has worked with consoles repair knows that game is a pain).
With that in mind, I don't rely on my laser that much due to said issue, which is the main reason why I download backups from my games (and the main reason why I started using USB loaders) from a reliable source, and I never had an issue with an ISO not being compatible due to a bad rip.

A rip has too many variables to take into account.
Laser, disc, disc drive, etc, and let's be real, you will never have a good rip if the game has some sort of scratches on it or the laser is not reading games properly, even worse if your Wii is one of those near launch date like the one the_randomizer has, which we know got poor lasers and usually failed with double layer discs, and even some single layer ones like Black Ops.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I had a history of laser reading issues with my Wii due to long plays with Black Ops (anyone that has worked with consoles repair knows that game is a pain).
With that in mind, I don't rely on my laser that much due to said issue, which is the main reason why I download backups from my games (and the main reason why I started using USB loaders) from a reliable source, and I never had an issue with an ISO not being compatible due to a bad rip.

That's fair,I feel lucky with my Wii then. Still, I prefer doing backups myself. I hate downloading something I already have.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I uh, am trying another dump *ahem*, but all my other rips from my Gamecube have worked well enough and only a couple truly had issues (also re-obtained copies of those of which I own) and work fine. That being said, I learned my lesson, plus I don't think I want to use my Wii laser anymore, it's not exactly a new console, who knows how much longer it can read discs. Nintendont tests have been very successful for me, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Sonic Adventure 2, F-Zero GX, most of my tests have been fruitful. The bad dumps are the only ones that gave me issues.

ShadowOne333 Yeah, that would explain a lot, so from now on with my dumps I'll, well, figure it out. Only real issues I have now are just those, other than that, Nintendont has been amazingly stable.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Try doing that with NES cartridges :P

I must admit, you made a good point here. :tpi:

Edit: Hey! On the compatibility list, someone marked Burnout as fully compatible, while I know it still have the skybox pallete issue, The last time I ran it was on 2.148, like the version used.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Edit: Hey! On the compatibility list, someone marked Burnout as fully compatible, while I know it still have the skybox pallete issue, The last time I ran it was on 2.148, like the version used.

I mean there are means to do it, but it's hard to come by that equipment and even more to pay for it. XD
Not even mention other consoles and games. :P

Burnout 2 compatible 100%? Who marked it?
I tested that one too and I got no BGM at all, that's the only issue I encountered in like 20 min of gameplay.

ShadowOne333 Yeah, that would explain a lot, so from now on with my dumps I'll, well, figure it out. Only real issues I have now are just those, other than that, Nintendont has been amazingly stable.
I recommend you to do that. Do not rely any longer in your disc rips, since I know you have a near launch console and the laser might be weary now.

Even more since I know that the rip that you did for Burnout 2 was also bad.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I actually tested it specifically for that reason and I noticed the palette issues were gone

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
IMG_20140825_211531.jpg
I actually tested it specifically for that reason and I noticed the palette issues were gone

Really ?! :huh: I Wiil test it anyway.
Edit: You sure it is fixed? I am on the first map and the sky is completely black.
Edit 2: second map has good colors, but the sun is bugged.
Edit 3: Adeka, the game still have pallette issue, In the third map, the sky is okay, but trucks have glitched texture, with random colors on it :rofl2:

It is clear to me the game still have problems.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 9902

Really ?! :huh: I Wiil test it anyway.
Edit: You sure it is fixed? I am on the first map and the sky is completely black.
Edit 2: second map has good colors, but the sun is bugged.
Edit 3: Adeka, the game still have pallette issue, In the third map, the sky is okay, but trucks have glitched texture, with random colors on it :rofl2:

It is clear to me the game still have problems.

I only loaded 2 different races and it looked fine so it still is possible it has smaller palette issues now

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I only loaded 2 different races and it looked fine so it still is possible it has smaller palette issues now

Maybe, But the first race still have a black sky, while others be correct or random colors. Fun fact, the glitched colors on the picture I uploaded was occuring for the first time :P
Beside the pallette issue, the game worked perfectly, it is completely stable too.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do people keep changing games with cutscene issues to orange....

Edit: What's worse is they don't even update the last working version column

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Why do people keep changing games with cutscene issues to orange....

Probably because they have in mind: If cutscenes are bugged, then games should be marked as "issues"
By the way, I edited Burnout entry, not a random guy with no knowledge.

Edit: What the fuck !? someone edited F-Zero to orange with this note: "Nintendon't returns to the homebrew channel after the AV Logo at intro" It works fine for me...
Fixed it.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that because this is the same HDD I use for WiiFlow/UsbLoadGX and it has never had an issue with spindown on those.

Perhaps Nintendont needs to update their keep alive code or something, admittedly I haven't tested same game on SD yet.

(PS, I'm going to try the drive setup and disable sleep mode..... even though it doesn't effect UsbLoaderGX with Wii Games, It might be the issue with Nintendon't)

UPDATE: It was already set to disabled...... so yeh that's not the issue.
I'm not sure how Nintendont works but using my old LG hard drive which is known to be sleepy I can confirm that these issues don't occur with Wii games but they did occure a lot on Dios Mios, now I can't confirm if the same happens with Nintendont because I already use a WD My Passport hard drive now with sleep disabled and I haven't had that issue, I'd guess due to many similarities with compatibility with DM and Nindont and the fact both were created by the same guy, they may use the same method for dealing with sleep mode!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/OUPRttnIyio?si=bm-9qNqiusvshBAz