Hacking Nintendont

pokemaster111111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might to try the following:
1) Try BOTH USB ports. Sometimes I get a reading from the other port (odd, I know)
2) Do NOT put the entire USB in, leave a part of it out, but just enough so it gets connect. Some USBs tend to lose a proper connection after a while, mine had that issue and I just left it a little bit out and then Nintendon't read it.

Try it out, you don't lose anything.
Thanks, I tried number one and it worked, but now I have a black screen. All the stuff loads and the game starts but I just get a black screen.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks, I tried number one and it worked, but now I have a black screen. All the stuff loads and the game starts but I just get a black screen.

Then it IS the same problem I had.
Now try number 2, it should work if you leave the USB port just a bit out.

If the USB had a led light that flashed once it is connected properly, make sure it does so when you connect it to the port of the Wii/Wii U

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried all the clusters and none of them worked, its still stuck on FS.

What are you using to format your harddrive? I tried a couple different formatters but they wouldn't work right. I ended up using one from CNET that did a proper job of it. Also to try is download a fresh copy of the loader and delete your old one. I spent a good 6 hours troubleshooting my own 2tb drive a couple weeks ago...pain in the butt.

LumInvader

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This project is moving along at such an impressive rate. The compatibility list is turning into a solid green block. I wonder what crediar thinks about your progress, or if it surprises him. Many times, a dev will release his source code only to see progress stop completely.

This team is borg-like in efficiency, so there's no doubt in my mind that compatibility will eventually match or surpass MIOS DIOS. The only question that stands out to me is whether or not support for audio streaming can/will be added.

pokemaster111111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then it IS the same problem I had.
Now try number 2, it should work if you leave the USB port just a bit out.

If the USB had a led light that flashed once it is connected properly, make sure it does so when you connect it to the port of the Wii/Wii U

Didn't work. I don't know what to try from here.
What are you using to format your harddrive? I tried a couple different formatters but they wouldn't work right. I ended up using one from CNET that did a proper job of it. Also to try is download a fresh copy of the loader and delete your old one. I spent a good 6 hours troubleshooting my own 2tb drive a couple weeks ago...pain in the butt.

Can I have a link to the formatter?

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't work. I don't know what to try from here.

Can I have a link to the formatter?

http://download.cnet.com/Macrorit-Disk-Partition-Expert-Free/3001-2094_4-75913265.html?hlndr=1

don't get click happy or you'll get a lot of "free" add-ons. I think the only one you have to agree with is the first page. The next couple is downloadable junk... it downloads a setup and a portable version. The portable version works good for this. Just partition it to fat32 64k and set to primary. Hopefully that works for you. Put a clean install of the loader in the apps folder and just one game.iso in the games folder to test. If it works, than fill 'er up.

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, now i'm using WiiFlow! I have a new HDD. Well, I have a problem: When I select a game(for example, Mario Sunshine), the game that starts is Zelda Twilight Princess. That happens with everygame that I play. Everytime starts Zelda TP =/
EDIT:Now doesn't starts any game. If I select a game (Zelda WW)Wiiflow sends me to Nintendont, and then, I have to select manualy the game. In USB Loader GX the game starts when I selected it in the loader. What can I do? Thanks

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey, now i'm using WiiFlow! I have a new HDD. Well, I have a problem: When I select a game(for example, Mario Sunshine), the game that starts is Zelda Twilight Princess. That happens with everygame that I play. Everytime starts Zelda TP =/
EDIT:Now doesn't starts any game. If I select a game (Zelda WW)Wiiflow sends me to Nintendont, and then, I have to select manualy the game. In USB Loader GX the game starts when I selected it in the loader. What can I do? Thanks

It sounds like you didn't enable autoboot in wiiflow settings. Maybe you had previously played Twilight Princess and left autoboot enabled in nintendont, but then wiiflow didn't try to change the settings so it just loaded the same game every time.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This project is moving along at such an impressive rate. The compatibility list is turning into a solid green block. I wonder what crediar thinks about your progress, or if it surprises him. Many times, a dev will release his source code only to see progress stop completely.

This team is borg-like in efficiency, so there's no doubt in my mind that compatibility will eventually match or surpass MIOS DIOS. The only question that stands out to me is whether or not support for audio streaming can/will be added.

Indeed the progress made in such a short time is EXTREMELY impressive. Thankfully Nintendont is MUCH better at HDD compatibility as well, compared to DM. True story: i personally was planning to buy a new HDD as my old one which was DM compatible died ( i even posted a question about HDD models on the DM topic here), but my financials fell through. Nintendont came through to the rescue at the right time!

It feels like compatibility is on par with DIOS MIOS right now. Anyone know what games work in one but not the other?

As you can see in the attached pic of my GC games, only a few specific games like Spartan, Viewtiful Joe, Tomb Raider Legend, P.N.03, Midway Arcade Treasures 2, SpyHunter, Worms 3D, Donald Duck (those 2 have glitched graphics) Ultimate Spiderman (doesn't save) & From Russia with Love.

On the flipside, i got some games working on Nintendont that i could not on DM, like City Racer, SW Clone Wars etc. Also i think it is important to note that Nintendont runs 1080 Avalanche, XIII, Sonic Gems Collection & Midway Arcade Treasures 3 WITHOUT requiring a disc in the Wii drive like DM did. This makes the console bootup faster, quieter and doesn't wear out your Wii DVD drive. ;)

All in all, thanks to nintendont i salvaged 90%+ of my GC collection.:yaywii::bow:

Finally there are some games with issues that are fully playable otherwise. I'll quote a previous post of mine:
no music during gameplay (not menus): Dakar, 18 Wheeler, 1080, Black & Bruised, Geist, Ikaruga, Judge Dredd, Looney Tunes, Zelda TP intro, Red Faction II, Sphinx, SW Clone Wars, Super Monkey Ball, Virtua Striker 3, XG III

2X gameplay speed: Hitman 2, Dragon's Lair, Freedom Fighters

2X FMV speed (i usually don't pay attention to FMVs so i might have overlooked some games): Baten Kaitos, Batman Begins, Beyond Good & Evil, Freedom Fighters, PoP Sands of Time, PoP Warrior Within, PoP Two Thrones, Serious Sam, Terminator 3, V Rally 3 (menu background video),

Other issues/Tips: Simpsons Hit & Run requires maxpad=1 and force PAL60 to run for me,Timesplitters 2 needs forcePAL50 to display whole screen in game (if 60hz, the bottom 1/5 is cut off), PoP WW has enemies that die only if thrown in fire or off a cliff/pit, bosses deplete health normally. Driven needs PAL50 to run for me, Megaman X collection Capcom intro logo and MC menu are garbled if PAL60 is used, but fix when entering main menu, NBA Street needs PAL50, Sonic DXregisters multiple button presses per buttton push.

Attachments

• NTDNT.PNG
    NTDNT.PNG
    44.4 KB · Views: 200

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
If you compare the compatibility list between Nintendont and DM you'll see that DM still has quite a bit more compatibility than Nintendont for now. I have no doubt in my mind that Nintendont's compatibility will surpass DM but for the time being it's still not a complete replacement there are still many issues present like sped up cut scenes graphical glitches and a few control issues with certain games that are still prevalent in Nintendont which DM does not have.

I look forward to the continuing progress of this project but lets not count DM out just yet. For now it's still my primary GC loader.

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, anyone experiencing issues with Wave Race lagging or controls not responding? I'm using same Twin USB adapter with ps2 controls (same as FIX94) and I'm having a quite a hard time getting the speed boat jet not to miss the floating cones etc. seems like if there was some lag in the controls to respond. They work perfectly in other 12 games that I have including Burn Out 2 and NFS Most Wanted.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Pepois

mf3199

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It sounds like you didn't enable autoboot in wiiflow settings. Maybe you had previously played Twilight Princess and left autoboot enabled in nintendont, but then wiiflow didn't try to change the settings so it just loaded the same game every time.

How can I enable the autoboot in wiiflow settings? When I enter to Nintendont, without Wiiflow, works perfectly without the autoboot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • JefferyCuddletrousers @ JefferyCuddletrousers:
    yeah im confused but thanks all for trying to help haha
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think this Nyko PowerPak+ in my OG 3DS is starting to expand ever so slightly 😨 what a shame, to have to go back to an OG size battery soon.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators will be like that where it asks for a parent directory
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, 3ds batteries are fairly cheap just don't overspend on oem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Yeah I just like this massive extended battery lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember those psp batteries that came with bulged psp battery covers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    my PSP battery started swelling up AGES ago
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    As in I got rid of the battery when I noticed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People were hacking batteries just to cfw them
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got blocked.
    That's perfect.
    Anyway. I'm playing Dragon Ball Adventures from GBA.
    I got stuck in some part.
    Anyone played that game?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Only one I played was the DBZ trading card game game on the GBA
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sparking zero is looking pretty good but not $70 good
    okay
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    isn't sparking zero supposed to be accurate to their canon power too?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    meaning unlike dbfz a weaker character like nappa wouldn't stand a chance against someone stronger like broly
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    aaalllright then, i guess i should hit the hay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People are complaining about flying in it I'm like wut that's half of what it is