Hacking Nintendont

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Why would the front ports only work when running the game from SD and not from USB?

I was using r81 and the ports works fine, I use back ports, the upper for USB and the down for gamepad, sometimes it says that I need the controller connected, but in a few seconds that message dissapear.

Yoni Arousement

Trophies
Website
yonihq.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried Adeka's suggestion of using an usb loader?
Which USB Loader specifically? I think Configurable USB Loader requires IOS249.

1) I just installed Homebrew Channel on vWii
2) The only Wiimote I have is a Motion Plus Wiimote
3) No custom IOS installed
4) Wii Mod / Wii Mod Lite doesn't work at all

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was using r81 and the ports works fine, I use back ports, the upper for USB and the down for gamepad, sometimes it says that I need the controller connected, but in a few seconds that message dissapear.

The issue here is that some people can't use the lower back port for the controller since some HDD need a Y-Cable to connect the HDD and get it working properly with a Wii U.

So that leaves only the front ports free when playing in a Wii U.
And when you are running the games from a USB, the front ports are not usable with Nintendon't for the controller.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Which USB Loader specifically? I think Configurable USB Loader requires IOS249.

1) I just installed Homebrew Channel on vWii
2) The only Wiimote I have is a Motion Plus Wiimote
3) No custom IOS installed
4) Wii Mod / Wii Mod Lite doesn't work at all

I think you can use LoaderGX with IOS58, so you might want to try that one. Use the link to the version Cyan has in his signature (a few posts above this one)

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The issue here is that some people can't use the lower back port for the controller since some HDD need a Y-Cable to connect the HDD and get it working properly with a Wii U.

So that leaves only the front ports free when playing in a Wii U.
And when you are running the games from a USB, the front ports are not usable with Nintendon't for the controller.

Oh, I didn't know that, it is posible to use the HDD from the front ports?, In the past was thinking to use them for some pendrives...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I didn't know that, it is posible to use the HDD from the front ports?, In the past was thinking to use them for some pendrives...

Only if you were to use a Y-cable extension, such as the case with me and a few others on here, I use a Y-cable, and unless the front ports can be used, I'd have to get an extension cable, which costs money and I hope one of these days, I won't have to waste money on one. I don't know when the front ports will be usable on the USB version.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I tried loading some games by connecting the HDD to the front ports, and I was able to run some Wii games, I haven't tried with devo or Nintendon't

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes!

r84 boots ntsc windwaker. Formats memory card, (i have memcard emu enabled) and allows you to create a player file.

Ive played for 30 min with ZERO sound issues.

And to top it off. I can save, and reload the save!

I accessed Nintendont via HBC

Im running a Wii U Hollywood v21

Running backups from my usb hdd, using ps3 dualshock in rear usb port.

:-)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the cheapest adapter to play on Wii U? (I have a non-official PS2 controller, GC controller and the Wii U Pro/ CC Wii)
Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box

Goes for about $15 on ebay or amazon

I have tested the gamecube port only, the ps2 and xbox port may or may not work

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The following are NTSC backups.

Mario Kart Double Dash. Works amazing! Saves/loads, and there is no visual clipping/tearing when you clear a stage (when it displays your times)

Super Smash Bros Melee. Works amazing! Allows formation/creation of menory card. I was able to play 1 player mode, played 3 stages and all seem excellent.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Error and then goes back to HBC. I'm better off exchanging that Motion Plus Wiimote for (hopefully) a Wiimote without Motion Plus.

If you say you have a problem with nintendon't getting stuck in checking FS, then it has nothing to do with your wiimote.

Edit: If what you meant is that you can't use a loader because it gives an error, then probably you just have to install the cIOS.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Huh... You mentioned the necessary "IOS", I can read that one hundred times and I will still think you were talking about the IOS58 that's neccesary for Nintendon't. If you meant you don't know how to install the cIOS in your wiiU then i have three things to say.

1) This is not the place to ask about it, you should have tried to google about it and do it on your own.
2) Try this, as I said, this is not the right thread to explain how to install cIOS.
3) Try to be clearer on your posts, and a bit less of an smartass I'm trying to help you, if you prefer I can simply ignore your posts from now on.

And just in case, if you meant that I should care about your wiimote having Motionplus inside, then I won't. Mine is the same and I only had to google a bit until I got the right version of the apps I needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1