Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Understood, thank you, the thing that bugs me most is i love using the wiiu pro controller with nintendont but that half press of the triggers can be annoying lol having to hold down L, what do you use as your primary controller yourself for nintendont and what controller would you recommend to someone as optimal ? cheers
barely any game actualy requires half presses, besides i think sunshine and luigi mansion every game works just fine with full presses on wiiu pro.

wiiu pro is for wireless and rumble
wiiugc adapter + gc controller for the actual experience.

Reactions: ccfman2004

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
thanks guys :) i try to keep my setup as wireless as possible, man i had an account on here like 10 years ago then i remember devolution and dios mios...then boom nintendont :) remember it didnt have proper audio streaming etc, crazy how far its come and the size of this thread now and the amount of views my goodness, i see you guys help a lot of people on this thread, excellent stuff and keep it up

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks guys :) i try to keep my setup as wireless as possible, man i had an account on here like 10 years ago then i remember devolution and dios mios...then boom nintendont :) remember it didnt have proper audio streaming etc, crazy how far its come and the size of this thread now and the amount of views my goodness, i see you guys help a lot of people on this thread, excellent stuff and keep it up
Believe it or not Nintendont was actually a proof of concept to show that the Wii U could play GameCube games despite Nintendo not adding support for it. Even funnier is that the demo used a DualShock 3 controller hooked up via USB.

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
haha brilliant :) do you guys know if a user is using anything but a gamecube controller, like how are the deadzones calculated ? or has someone precalculated these things for specific controllers etc ? deadzones, sensitivity, trigger sensitivity , analogue stick sensitivity etc

Last edited by Nejsplitter_,

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
understood, hmm seems crediar hasnt been around for a while too or ? btw i edited my previous post just as you replied if you guys could reply to it

also @pedro702 how does one make nintendont games use the full size of the tv pixels? i dont mind distortion in the games :) cheers

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
understood, hmm seems crediar hasnt been around for a while too or ? btw i edited my previous post just as you replied if you guys could reply to it

also @pedro702 how does one make nintendont games use the full size of the tv pixels, thanks
you can try the width setting, it works on some games and doesnt on others its kinda of a gamble, in some games it works perfectly, on others does nothing and others it can even crash them.

If you have a recent tv you can adjust the screen size too, on my tv i can push vertical or horizontal whatever i want on the settings, when the width doesnt work.

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
perfect, the width setting works, also you know when the setting "force progressive" is enabled and a user enters a game, then the games asks you "would you like to enable progressive?", what is the correct action to take so no bugs are caused ? thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
perfect, the width setting works, also you know when the setting "force progressive" is enabled and a user enters a game, then the games asks you "would you like to enable progressive?", what is the correct action to take so no bugs are caused ? thanks
well if the game is asking it means it has native progressive so you better off not forcing it.

force progressive is to force progressive on games without it, its a hack it works or it doesnt like width, but if a game has native progressive then just dont force it and say yes on start, better use native than forced.

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
cheers, interesting it seems that 480p (force progressive) for pal games is only possible on the games that have 60hz option

edit: found this useful too : https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/issues/50
interesting what fix94 mentions in that link that its enough for a pal game just to use force progressive option without force ntsc option, just be sure to select 60hz on the initial game screen

edit: if you just use "force progressive" without "force video" you will get 480p but without the deflicker removed, to get 480p and remove deflicker you must use force prgressive with force video (ntsc)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
cheers, interesting it seems that 480p (force progressive) for pal games is only possible on the games that have 60hz option
Nintendont supports 480p, but not 576p (which is what a 50hz game would need - IIRC, PAL, SECAM, and NTSC colour standards don't really apply to component)

I believe the problem is in Wii mode itself - GameCube mode does support 576p, as Swiss shows.

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
interesting , cheers :)

has anybody here ever experienced the random wiiu freeze and loud buzzing sound issue ? i sometimes get it on nintendont, maybe when forcing certain settings etc, i dunno it happens to me rarely and randomly but is an issue.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
interesting , cheers :)

has anybody here ever experienced the random wiiu freeze and loud buzzing sound issue ? i sometimes get it on nintendont, maybe when forcing certain settings etc, i dunno it happens to me rarely and randomly but is an issue.
when you force settings that the games dont like they crash lol

all forced settings besdies mcemu can crash games, depends on games themselves, some games are very protective of their code and when you hack it they will crash.

first try the game with everything in auto or off except mcemu then try forcing settings, if they work they work, if they dont , then dont force them.

to get the best compatbility you should just use everything off or auto and mcemu to on, if you want to stretch the screen wiiu widescreen also doesnt affect compatibility, everything else can.

Last edited by pedro702,

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
interesting, thanks pedro, @Extrems do you think 576 p could be implemented into nintendont? also would that be 576p50 hz or ?

another thing, when i choose 60 hz option wether forced on nintendont or in game choice and i check on my tv the precise signal its receiving it says 59.90hz or something, whats that about ? cheers

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
in the apps folder for nintendont, does the meta.xml have to be there for nintendont to be able to start ?

edit: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont-error.438035/
interesting, of all my homebrew, nintendont is the only one that needs the meta.xml, the rest of my homebrew apps work fine without any meta.xml, why is this ?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
does every game have its own width that it takes up when set to "auto" width ? so if i wanted each game to use my whole tv screen id have to use a different width for each one?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does every game have its own width that it takes up when set to "auto" width ? so if i wanted each game to use my whole tv screen id have to use a different width for each one?
every game is diferent, so yeah you never know which width it needs or even if it needs it at all, you might be stretching more than you should or less, nintendont just uses the games default values so not all games are the same, on crts you wouldnt notice this becuase overscan.

Nejsplitter_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
understood thanks Pedro, how do you feel about the widescreen option in nintendont? i have had good experiences with it so far but i am wondering if the widescreen function in nintendont forces a game to include more geometry in the frame and resulting in slightly less fps or this is not true? im not sure exactly how it works since fix94 is not around to explain things anymore :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XDFstVaHA