Hacking Nintendont

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for responding. Just trying to figure out if I should turn it off in between games that do native support or not. However, I still question a few games, an example being Skies of Arcadia. This game is set to run at 480i max, so I have to believe Nintedont has some form of line doubling it administers. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the devil is in the details so to speak.
I'm not 100% on this but in my limited experience:

1. Turning on "force progressive" doesn't conflict with games that have it native. When I boot up a game that's native it seems to always ask if I want progressive, without me having to hit a button.

2. I tried to solve this specifically, but I don't think there's any way to make Skies of Arcadia run in progressive. Which sucks, because it looks like ass without it.

Umm... Sorry for quoting you both but, what is exactly the issue with Skies of Arcadia?

I just tried with Force Progressive and it booted in 480p no problem. In fact, now what I also know that forcing NTSC or PAL 60 video modes instead of Auto also cleans up the picture (by removing the Deflicker filter), plus being double-lined through an OSSC, I never saw Skies of Arcadia with such clarity.

If you're talking about a PAL version, that doesn't even run at 480i, it's PAL 50Hz only (thus 576i). The 480i mode looked pretty terrible on my end though, mostly because the menus and HUD showed pretty terrible flickering (it goes away if using Auto video mode on Nintendont, but then it makes the rest less sharp).

That said, I doubt I have the last version, in fact it might be from 2019 because I had no idea there were updates during 2020...

Also, Aries_Break, I usually let Force Progressive always on, even if the game has native use. There's only 1 game where I needed to turn it off (temporarily), besides that it never has been an issue. Depending on the game (and its region), in my experience one of three things happens usually:

1: The Wii is in 480p, you load an NTSC game. It boots at 480i, asks you if you want progressive, you say yes and it goes back to 480p. This is what can happen if you boot the game while having the GC "Bios" to see that classic animation.

2: The Wii is in 480p, you load an NTSC game, and it keeps on 480p, even when asking if you want to switch to Progressive. Saying Yes does nothing, the game continues like it usually does, you keep 480p.

3: The Wii is in 480p, you load a PAL game. It boots in 576i 50Hz, as usual with PAl games. If it's a game with 60Hz option, the game asks you if you want 60Hz Mode (480i), if you say yes, the game instead changes to 480p.

In any case, never gave me issues outside that one game named above, Second Sight, and even then its' the weirdest thing. Having Progressive on caused a loading screen to be eternal, that happened in one of the tutorial areas. After clearing the tutorial I turned Progressive on again and never did that again. It wasn't even a video problem...

Edit: Oh, now that I see the Nintendont thread was moved to the Wii U forum. All I wrote was using a Wii, just in case... Although that was pretty obvious, lol.

Last edited by Maeson,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont was originally a proof of concept to show that the Wii U can in fact play GameCube games and Nintendo could have made it official. The demo used a PS3 controller over USB of all things.

Reactions: ChibiMofo

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Honestly, didn't know that. I was browsing around and I saw those comments, just wanted to add some information that could maybe be helpful. When I sent the message I saw the subforum is in and just in case wanted to mention it because it may work differently on a Wii U.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MaeseJesus I'm playing on the Wii U gamepad, so I might be totally wrong and just have unrealistic expectations as to how much better Skies of Arcadia should look in forced progressive mode.

cimerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
good morning people. most gamecube games on the wii, I'm emulating well.
but when trying metal gear, twin snakes, the error below appeared
ERROR: module 'shared/ngso.rel' is too big.
limit is 4868096
size is 290865406 over by 295733502

has anyone witnessed it?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good morning people. most gamecube games on the wii, I'm emulating well.
but when trying metal gear, twin snakes, the error below appeared
ERROR: module 'shared/ngso.rel' is too big.
limit is 4868096
size is 290865406 over by 295733502

has anyone witnessed it?
First of all Nintendont is not an emulator. Second please post your Nintendont settings. Are you using 1:1 isos that have been MD5 checked against Redump.org? Also explain your setup.

D

Deleted User

Not sure if it was asked here already, but anyways...

Will it work if I put multi-disc games into separate folders? For example, if I make a folder for GAME disc 1 [ID] and GAME disc 2 [ID] instead of putting them into the same folder.

Thanks in advance.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it was asked here already, but anyways...

Will it work if I put multi-disc games into separate folders? For example, if I make a folder for GAME disc 1 [ID] and GAME disc 2 [ID] instead of putting them into the same folder.

Thanks in advance.
Multi disc games must be in the same folder with disc 1 as game.iso and disc 2 as disc2.iso.

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Nintendont on Homebrew Channel, Love it

I did the Games Folder on my USB1

Went ahead naming the Folder the Game I have like Ikaruga then game.iso

I just said I just dump all my GameCube Games in my Games Folder then make a Folder for each Game

I didn't need to name it, Nintendont saw all my GameCube Games from the Games Folder

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Nintendont on Homebrew Channel, Love it

I did the Games Folder on my USB1

Went ahead naming the Folder the Game I have like Ikaruga then game.iso

I just said I just dump all my GameCube Games in my Games Folder then make a Folder for each Game

I didn't need to name it, Nintendont saw all my GameCube Games from the Games Folder
Multi-Disc games are an exception. Both ISOs must be in a separate folder together otherwise Nintendont will crash when it tries to read the second disc.

MatioMania

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on Version 6.490

I have some USB Adapters I have tested, Don't work at all, I tried in Nintendont & In Games, Nothing

I have

USB to PS2 Adapter from China
USB to Genesis from RetroUSB
2.4 GHz Adapter from Retro-Bit
USB Bluetooth Dongle (Grey Color) from 8bitDo

I also have

SFC 30 Bluetooth Controller
M30 Bluetooth Genesis Controller
NES 30 Bluetooth Controller
Switch Pro Controller

naruto020499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3 and two new ds4 controllers when connecting to nintendon't none of them have rumble. I believe when I had a Wii my ps3 controller would have pressure sensitive triggers and rumble when using nintendon't. Got a Wii U just to get nintendon't and be able to play Star Fox Adventures again. Does anybody have the correct controller ini for either controllers or tell me how to get the value and I will try and do it?

Last edited by naruto020499,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ps3 and two new ds4 controllers when connecting to nintendon't none of them have rumble. I believe when I had a Wii my ps3 controller would have pressure sensitive triggers and rumble when using nintendon't. Got a Wii U just to get nintendon't and be able to play Star Fox Adventures again. Does anybody have the correct controller ini for either controllers or tell me how to get the value and I will try and do it?
I've never been able to get rumble to work in Nintendont with PS controllers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7