Hacking Nintendont

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
The easiest obviously would be to not use the PAL version or dont force NTSC, both are completely different video modes and the games are coded one way so if my already overly complex patches dont work then thats too bad I guess. if the game has PAL60 then in the background you might be able to switch to that getting picture as consequence. But yea, if its just PAL50 then your chance is basically very very low, if you are REALLY lucky you can maybe find some PAL60 cheat code to get around it.

Well... My mother language is spanish and if he could play in Spanish he played it, my region is NTSC so only TV NTSC xD well I'll play in English then... I ask because it is the first time it happens, I have several PAL games but thanks for answer and sorry for my bad english xD

Plstic

Guru Meditation Error
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did make a lot of changes to it, in the past it just crashed the game with license card support disabled which might be ok now, but the main problem which still is there though is when to insert the license card and when to insert the memory card. its not a physical object and we just emulate it the one way we know how, so its always inserted as a consequence making the game ignore whatever memory card you have.
Ah, Alright. Still would love to be able to use my custom vehicles in AX.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on using the GameCube ISO Tool to save my ISOs as FULL SIZE so it'll add in the ID6 at the end. My questions are for best Nintendont compatibility:

A) Should I select 32 KB alignment or just leave it to AUTO?

B) Should I check "Keep a backup of the original boot.bin and fst.bin"?

C) Should I check "Flush file buffers"?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on using the GameCube ISO Tool to save my ISOs as FULL SIZE so it'll add in the ID6 at the end. My questions are for best Nintendont compatibility:

A) Should I select 32 KB alignment or just leave it to AUTO?

B) Should I check "Keep a backup of the original boot.bin and fst.bin"?

C) Should I check "Flush file buffers"?

You don't need a tool for Gamecube games. Just name them "game.iso" and "disc2.iso" for the 2nd disc in multi-volume games.

They just need to each be in their own folder under /games/ like so:
"/games/Zelda Wind Waker/game.iso"

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a tool for Gamecube games. Just name them "game.iso" and "disc2.iso" for the 2nd disc in multi-volume games.

They just need to each be in their own folder under /games/ like so:
"/games/Zelda Wind Waker/game.iso"

The main reason I wanted to do a 1:1 through GIT is so it would add the ID6 to the end.

Without the ID6 added by GIT to the directory name or ISO name, will USB Loader GX still pull the cover art?

possom2009

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afaik he doesnt say if its a save for the 1.00,1.01 or 1.02 version(plus) n so how do you know what is the correct iso to run that save? maybe your iso is not the correct one.
Doesn't work on any of them. I'll wait for when net support is added to Nintendont and get the quests from the servers.

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
There is another glitch though that I'm starting to get frustrated with. It's a controller remapping bug that seems to happen when I press the + button on my pdp "Wired Fight Pad" controller (Link for reference: https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-nintendo-u/dp/B00P8A8OIC ) while playing just about any game. It switches around the buttons, IE: A-->B, B-->Y, Y-->X, etc. I have a controllers.zip file on Nintendon't too.

I notice this happened in Pikmin, Melee, Wind Waker, F-zero GX, etc.

If it helps the controller usually is identified as a classic controller in hacks like WiiSX and Wii64.
That is a feature, not a bug. AFAIK it works when using - and not +, but maybe it's just that PDP controller model.

Nope, in auto it is black and white and the image moves vertically.
That's completely normal when you try to output a PAL 50Hz signal in a NTSC 60Hz TV. Your only possibility to play the game in spanish is using the game on a PC, force PAL60 to see if it is supported by the game, or use an NTSC TV with support for pal resolutions (my HDTV supports both standards).

I can use Dualshock 3 via bluetooth? yes, crazy question but I don't know
No, you can't. DS3/DS4 support is wired only.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason I wanted to do a 1:1 through GIT is so it would add the ID6 to the end.

Without the ID6 added by GIT to the directory name or ISO name, will USB Loader GX still pull the cover art?

Yep. Nothing should need to be appended to the disc image. The title ID is actually the first thing on the disc. I'm not sure what would be looking for it at the end. :P

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So Im trying to play F-Zero AX with my Wii U Pro Controller, but I cant get past the calibration thing at the beginning.
I dont really have any other controllers I can use at the moment, so is there a way around this?
afaik entering the calibration screen is an extra feature by doing a button combo, if i remenber correctly you can press Z to exit it.

Turns out I was using compressed versions everytime. Tried using a 1:1 ISO and it works like a charm. Sorry for the newbie mistake.

There is another glitch though that I'm starting to get frustrated with. It's a controller remapping bug that seems to happen when I press the + button on my pdp "Wired Fight Pad" controller (Link for reference: https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Wired-Fight-Pad-nintendo-u/dp/B00P8A8OIC ) while playing just about any game. It switches around the buttons, IE: A-->B, B-->Y, Y-->X, etc. I have a controllers.zip file on Nintendon't too.

I notice this happened in Pikmin, Melee, Wind Waker, F-zero GX, etc.

If it helps the controller usually is identified as a classic controller in hacks like WiiSX and Wii64.
classic controller is coded that if you press the minus button it rotates the 4 buttons so maybe your 3rd party controller has the + coded to the official minus button of the CC?

morrisonian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
How do I force native controls on Nintendont via USB Loader GX. It's just that I don't see any option to do that, except for Nintendont via the HBC. Only if I enter directly to nintendont via HBC, but the option is not saved. Whenever I restart the wii, I have to mark it again. Thanks in advance.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Gracias pana (?) ejem ejem Thanks bro @niuus

Their was some work that went into getting that to work in usb loader gx, but it only got as far as pairing
your ds3 with the wiii bluetooth id and writing the ds3 bluetooth to nand, I also found out the ds3/ps3 uses low energy
bluetooth whilst the wii / wii remote uses classic.
It's sad that nothing more was said of it after my test postings, one guy to get onboard with this would of been the guy from dancingpixels http://dancingpixelstudios.com/
Not too sure what the ps3/ds3 prerequisites are but Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR is a minimum requirement irc for csr dongles in Scarlet.Crush xinput wrapper.
This is the spec sheet for the wii bluetooth which looks to qualify
www.sunitec-cn.com/webpic/SPEC-BM2042-V1.0.pdf

Last edited by ned,

rigby1987

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
try setting native to on you will loose the bt controllers and hid controllers along with nintendont exit but if your controller R and L buttons dont work with native on then they are damaged for sure.

Native settings means it will use the original controllers program for the GC without any controller patches by nintendont its pure gc controller code from the wii gc mode itself.

Thanks , i got it working with a dualshock 4 . My Gc controller must be faulty .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM