Hacking Nintendont

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
when i start up a game all four led are instantly on and i can not control anything.
My official WiiMote also lights up all 4 LEDS sometimes when playing a GC game through Nintendont, but since I always play GC games with an original GC controller (Native Control: On) and I can control the game just fine even if the WiiMote has that issue while playing, I never investigated (nor reported it). It always bugged me that it might be draining my WiiMote's batteries, though.

It does not happen always, I don't remember if it is with my official WiiMote + WiiMotion Plus add-on or with my official WiiMote with WiiMotion Plus Inside, and cannot tell either if it actually stopped happening after some update or if it still happens (I cannot try to reproduce it since I now cannot run Nintendont as I say in a post right above).

Last edited by comokepa,

marchrius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Mine always did (wii remote plus), I always assumed it did because wiimote alone (I mean without the nunchuck plugged) isn't recognised as an input controller for nintendont (not enough buttons I think). You can just turn it off by holding the power button on it.

Now, if yours doesnt work with nunchuck or cc plugged, either they're not original (nintendont is a bit picky on this regard), broken or... no idea actually

Last edited by marchrius,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My official WiiMote also lights up all 4 LEDS sometimes when playing a GC game through Nintendont, but since I always play GC games with an original GC controller (Native Control: On) and I can control the game just fine even if the WiiMote has that issue while playing, I never investigated (nor reported it). It always bugged me that it might be draining my WiiMote's batteries, though.

It does not happen always, I don't remember if it is with my official WiiMote + WiiMotion Plus add-on or with my official WiiMote with WiiMotion Plus Inside, and cannot tell either if it actually stopped happening after some update or if it still happens (I cannot try to reproduce it since I now cannot run Nintendont as I say in a post right above).

Mine always did (wii remote plus), I always assumed it did because wiimote alone (I mean without the nunchuck plugged) isn't recognised as an input controller for nintendont (not enough buttons I think). You can just turn it off by holding the power button on it.

Now, if yours doesnt work with nunchuck or cc plugged, either they're not original (nintendont is a bit picky on this regard), broken or... no idea actually
nintendont itself shutdowns the wiimotes if they dont have a nunchuck or classic controller connected after afew seconds i think its 15 or so, this was added very long ago ...

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont v3.401 (Wii) cannot see my 1TB HDD, which I formatted using Mac OS X’ Disk Utility with a single FAT32 partition and a GUID Partition Table (GPT):
The older versions work because they're using the MBR, whereas newer versions are using GPT. I added a function to skip the EFI System Partition, but your drive might have something weird.

Can you dump sectors 0-33 from your HDD and post it somewhere?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac OS X should only create the EFI partition when formatting the drive for a new Mac OS X installation. It shouldn't be creating it when you format a new drive for use as an extra drive that's not bootable.

EDIT: I take that back. I just check an external disk that I never used as a bootable drive and it does indeed have an EFI Partition on it. Weird. The drive in question was formatted as NTFS on my Mac.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Mac OS X should only create the EFI partition when formatting the drive for a new Mac OS X installation. It shouldn't be creating it when you format a new drive for use as an extra drive that's not bootable.

EDIT: I take that back. I just check an external disk that I never used as a bootable drive and it does indeed have an EFI Partition on it. Weird. The drive in question was formatted as NTFS on my Mac.
You can't format as NTFS using Disk Utility without using third party utilities (ntfs-3g)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you guide me in doing that? Preferably using OS X, but if you do not know how to do it with it, describe how to do it using Windows.
On OS X, assuming /dev/disk1 is the Wii HDD, run this command in Terminal:

Code:
sudo dd if=/dev/disk1 bs=512 count=34 >disk1.mbr.bin

(Note that sudo will prompt for your user password.)

disk1.mbr.bin will contain the MBR and GPT; compress it using ZIP or similar and post it here.

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slightly annoying problem. When I plug in 2 USB controllers, like PS3 controllers, only one works at a time. Is there a reason for that? It's not the controller, it's just whatever one gets plugged in first. I can have several Wiimotes or Pro Controllers hooked up, but they all automatically become the last player, when a controller gets plugged in, if the controller syncs.

Last edited by Mhx,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have a slightly annoying problem. When I plug in 2 USB controllers, like PS3 controllers, only one works at a time. Is there a reason for that? It's not the controller, it's just whatever one gets plugged in first. I can have several Wiimotes or Pro Controllers hooked up, but they all automatically become the last player, when a controller gets plugged in, if the controller syncs.
only one hid device at a time, its a limitation on the nintendont codding not a bug, you can use multiple entrances hid devices like wiiu pro wich allow technicaly 4 controllers trough a single hid device, bluetooth controllers you can have multiples.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've installed the forwarder Channel on my vWii but when I want to open it, it asks for a password?
Starting via HBL works fine though.

Mhx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only one hid device at a time, its a limitation on the nintendont codding not a bug, you can use multiple entrances hid devices like wiiu pro wich allow technicaly 4 controllers trough a single hid device, bluetooth controllers you can have multiples.
I didn't notice that footnote before. I can use multiple gamecube controllers with the official or unofficial adapter, though, correct?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice that footnote before. I can use multiple gamecube controllers with the official or unofficial adapter, though, correct?
Yes; the official adapter (and clones) act like one giant HID controller.

I've been looking into the HID code and doing some cleanups (using an enum for HID quirks instead of repeatedly checking PID/VID). I have a few HID controllers around, so I'll look into whether implementing support for multiple HID devices at once is feasible.

Reactions: Mhx

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes; the official adapter (and clones) act like one giant HID controller.

I've been looking into the HID code and doing some cleanups (using an enum for HID quirks instead of repeatedly checking PID/VID). I have a few HID controllers around, so I'll look into whether implementing support for multiple HID devices at once is feasible.
if i recall it will be a real mess, fix94 took a look at it once and said it would need a major rewrite, so you will basicaly need to make the hid code from scratch again to make it do multiple hid devices xD.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've installed the forwarder Channel on my vWii but when I want to open it, it asks for a password?
Starting via HBL works fine though.
HBL is a wiiu thing not vwii i thing you mean HBC? well if its asking for a password its something on your vwii settings maybe parent controls or something im guessing.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i recall it will be a real mess, fix94 took a look at it once and said it would need a major rewrite, so you will basicaly need to make the hid code from scratch again to make it do multiple hid devices xD.
Check out https://github.com/GerbilSoft/Nintendont/tree/HID-cleanup

Changes so far:
  • Moved a few headers that were duplicated in kernel, loader, etc. to common/include/.
  • Use a Makefile for PadReadGC (and compile with -O3).
  • Enable the Shutdown key combination for HID controllers. (Reset is implemented in the current master build, but not Shutdown - probably an oversight)
  • Use a "quirk" enum for special handling of specific controllers instead of repeatedly checking VID/PID. This reduces the number of comparisons and allows the compiler to optimize switch/case into a jump table, which should improve performance of the PADReadGC hook.
Not quite ready for merging yet, though if you'd like to do a test build to make sure I didn't break anything, go ahead. (Tested with native GCN and Wii U GCN adapter on Wii RVL-001, no issues so far.)

I have some other changes lined up for tonight, which will be in the FatFS branch. Will post a second test build once it's ready.

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +second test build

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon't doesn't appear on my Homebrew channel v 1.1.0, ios61
First I'd recommend reinstalling HBC so it uses IOS58. (If your system doesn't have IOS58, update to System Menu 4.3.)

Second, did you copy boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml to /apps/nintendont/ on your storage device?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?