Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So, what's the last thing you see before you lose signal? (sorry, didn't see you'd answered this already.)
Also, what game(s) are you trying this with? And are they the same region as your Wii?

I know you're asking gamer765 but since i'm here i'll give you some info too, since my situation is the same as his. My wii's system menu is 4.3U so i suppose it falls in USA region, and I tested the following games:

Twilight Princess [GZ2E01] (NTSC-U)
Wind Waker [GZLP01] (PAL)
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom [GYFEA4] (NTSC-U)
Super Smash Bros Melee [GALE01] (NTSC-U)

All of them appear and are recognized by nintendont, but as soon as you select any of them, you get a black screen and Video Signal is lost. The Wii remains on though, and the wiimote turns off IIRC.
I tested the games in a 250Gb HDD and an 8Gb Kingston Thumb Drive with the following structure: games/GAME TITLE/game.iso ; I simply copied from my pc the files, which i'm not sure if it's the right thing to do or if there's a software such as wii backup manager.

Edit: I also tried loading from the SDcard, but since it's only 1Gb in size, I had to shrink the Yugi-oh game with GCMUtility to make it fit in the sdcard.

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried loading LoZ:WW and Super Mario Sunshine. Nintendont recognizes them just fine when loading from either the SD or USB. As soon as I select a game, I get some really fast text and lose video signal. Wii remains on but Wiimote and PS3 controller are unresponsive. My Wii is NTSC USA and the games i tried to load are NTSC USA as well.

Mustardtits

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would SD FAT32 cluster size have anything to do with games freezing randomly? For instance, most games load great initially. Sound is good. But you can tell there's a slight bit of lag here & there in the graphics. But inevitably, the game freezes, green-screens, or whatever. This doesn't happen every time or in the same place in the game. Can this be prevented with changing cluster size for easier, faster reads? I do notice differences in gameplay when playing from different cluster sizes. 64k is hit & miss. 32k seems to work best with a lot of games. 16k with others. But I've yet to try 8k, 4k or even 512byte clusters.

Reactions: ALSINJAN

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now, my PS3 controller i've tested with HIDTestv4 and the first try was fine, but the second and third try i have error: -7008 failed! could they help me? :c

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would SD FAT32 cluster size have anything to do with games freezing randomly? For instance, most games load great initially. Sound is good. But you can tell there's a slight bit of lag here & there in the graphics. But inevitably, the game freezes, green-screens, or whatever. This doesn't happen every time or in the same place in the game. Can this be prevented with changing cluster size for easier, faster reads? I do notice differences in gameplay when playing from different cluster sizes. 64k is hit & miss. 32k seems to work best with a lot of games. 16k with others. But I've yet to try 8k, 4k or even 512byte clusters.

I havn't had a single game freeze that works with the sd version. Just the occasional lag when loading different areas

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't checked progress on this in quite a while, just want to know, has USB support been implemented yet? I'm not expecting it to be, but would be pretty cool if it has.

Edit: Just looked at the first post, looks like it has! Thats awesome, this should have been bigger news!

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Try using Settings Editor GUI (link in my sig) to set it to display in 480i, then test it out without anything forced.

JoostinOnline new wii revision (my wii have gc port but is Holliwod 0x21), is possible that is the problem? (different holliwood revision?), i remember a chatting with megazig about the different holliwood revision, and him tellme about different mem management (but normally total compatible), what u think?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I haven't tried yet, sorry if this is a noob question. But with a controller like the PS3 controller, does it need to be plugged in a usb port all the time, or is it able to wirelessly communicate with the Wii/vWii? Much thanks!

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I haven't tried yet, sorry if this is a noob question. But with a controller like the PS3 controller, does it need to be plugged in all the time, or is it able to wirelessly communicate with the Wii/vWii? Or does it have to be plugged in a usb port? Much thanks!

Bluetooth is not yet supported, so you have to connect it through the usb port. You must also put the PS3 controller ini (renamed to controller.ini) in the root of the device where you have your games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i only do that in the mornings