Hacking Nintendont

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Calm down, I was asking in the general sense if there has been a known update/version release that killed the compatibility of this game. Not that big of a deal. I know about that other stuff hence why I did not include it. And no forced settings, yes its a clean version, and of course its 344. It was a yes or not question is all.
there are no revs that brooke the game it works fine.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It should be done in a week or two... And no, I've never found any source code for Wii Backup Manager. I will probably start adding Wii title support to the tool after I've released it with GC support.
Keep us updated please.
And... maybe a thread of its own?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Calm down, I was asking in the general sense if there has been a known update/version release that killed the compatibility of this game. Not that big of a deal. I know about that other stuff hence why I did not include it. And no forced settings, yes its a clean version, and of course its 344. It was a yes or not question is all.
playing xmen legends fine on 344 my settings

mcemu 251 individual
video auto
language auto
everything else off.

works fine for me.

MSR914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i have everything working thanks! but i only have a 1gb sd card..I want to use my 16 gb usb but have no idea how to get my wii to recogni it..is there an app? thanks again!!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay i have everything working thanks! but i only have a 1gb sd card..I want to use my 16 gb usb but have no idea how to get my wii to recogni it..is there an app? thanks again!!
wii recognizes every drive that is fat32 just copy everything from your sd card to the usb device and eject the sd card and you should see all there when you enter homebrew channel automaticaly.

MSR914

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a big enough sd card but now when i put the game iso into the folder..i could see it as a option in the app when i start it but when i click it the screen goes black, why? thnkas

also do i need a bootmii and a wasd manger like i see in most of the videos..i only have an apps folder with hombrew and nintendo in it and then a games folder at root..

I am having trouble downloading an entire iso i think...because then ones i download donnot show up on the app..sorry for all the questions im not tech savy

Last edited by MSR914,

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@FIX94: Any particular reason you can purposely slow the Wii CPU down to what the GameCube CPU is set at. Wouldn't that negate the need for all those timer patches on a per game basis? I know on some systems you can use code to slow the CPU down like on the PSP Custom Firmwares.

Reactions: Margen67

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i found a big enough sd card but now when i put the game iso into the folder..i could see it as a option in the app when i start it but when i click it the screen goes black, why? thnkas

also do i need a bootmii and a wasd manger like i see in most of the videos..i only have an apps folder with hombrew and nintendo in it and then a games folder at root..

I am having trouble downloading an entire iso i think...because then ones i download donnot show up on the app..sorry for all the questions im not tech savy
you dont need bootmii or wad managers to run nintendont, how do you have trouble downloading an entire iso? lol you cant just use half an iso :P

all you need is homebrew channel installed on the console

apps folder on the root with nintendont folder inside that has boot.dol,meta.xml and the picutre(i think its icon.png)
then also on the root you use a folder named games and put games like this
usb/sd:games/whatever name you like/game.iso

@FIX94: Any particular reason you can purposely slow the Wii CPU down to what the GameCube CPU is set at. Wouldn't that negate the need for all those timer patches on a per game basis? I know on some systems you can use code to slow the CPU down like on the PSP Custom Firmwares.
fix has already stated we do not have permission to slow the processor down and even if we did it wouldnt be advised or everything would run like crap like our patches and mcemu not to mention the controllers lag would increase.

RFVasco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You must rename the bios properly to work, according to the region you're using:
iplpal.bin - NTSC
iplusa.bin - PAL
ipljap.bin - NTSC JAP
segaboot.bin - TRIFORCE

If you palce the ntsc bios all ntsc games will boot with the gamecube intro and the thing goes on...

I have added both NTSC and PAL bios to the root of my hdd (i'm running nintendont via usb loader gx), but when I tried to play a ntsc game the screen went all black, yet when was a PAL it worked, except I got the message that the disc couldn't be read, but I guess that's my cable fault. What have I done wrong?

Another doubt for anyone who feels kind enough to add me. Is there a way to go back to the Wii Menu from a Wii PAL game running via USB Loader GX in a NTSC Wii? When I try my Wii loses connection with my TV and have to be hard reseted.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have added both NTSC and PAL bios to the root of my hdd (i'm running nintendont via usb loader gx), but when I tried to play a ntsc game the screen went all black, yet when was a PAL it worked, except I got the message that the disc couldn't be read, but I guess that's my cable fault. What have I done wrong?

Another doubt for anyone who feels kind enough to add me. Is there a way to go back to the Wii Menu from a Wii PAL game running via USB Loader GX in a NTSC Wii? When I try my Wii loses connection with my TV and have to be hard reseted.
are you using mcemu? becuase bios only shows up with mcemu.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: GamingAori

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is just an update to the lists.Good job with the suggestions, guys!
Nintendont Wishlist
  • Swiss' widescreen sprite/text patching
  • 4:3/16:aspect ratio setting
  • More controller and adapter support
  • Home menu?
  • Ability to take screenshots and record video
  • Workaround for the menu's videomode, so PAL users with RGB cable can watch it with colours instead of everything in red.

Nintendont Pipe Dreams
  • Better framerate in some parts of some games
  • N64 support (New app)
  • FIFO dumping

Strikethrough shows something shot down by a dev.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance we can get a per-game "Force 4:3 Video" option worked into Nintendont? I don't know if anyone else is having similar issues, but I find in most TVs I'm using a Wii with, the TV will stretch the video to 16:9, even if I set the TV's aspect ratio to "normal" or some such thing in it's menus. And it's even worse when using an HDMI adapter, as the few TVs I've used that do fix the issue when swapping to the "normal" aspect ratio setting will not correct for it when using the adapter.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Any chance we can get a per-game "Force 4:3 Video" option worked into Nintendont? I don't know if anyone else is having similar issues, but I find in most TVs I'm using a Wii with, the TV will stretch the video to 16:9, even if I set the TV's aspect ratio to "normal" or some such thing in it's menus. And it's even worse when using an HDMI adapter, as the few TVs I've used that do fix the issue when swapping to the "normal" aspect ratio setting will not correct for it when using the adapter.
all per game settings are done in usbloaders nintendont will never support per game settings that is why nintendont was made to be used with usbloaders in the first place.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all per game settings are done in usbloaders nintendont will never support per game settings that is why nintendont was made to be used with usbloaders in the first place.
Fair enough. But then Nintendont at least would need to support the function, and then the front end loader/GUI would be the one to handle the settings per-game and writing a new config file every time Nintendont is loaded through it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fair enough. But then Nintendont at least would need to support the function, and then the front end loader/GUI would be the one to handle the settings per-game and writing a new config file every time Nintendont is loaded through it.
if you are on the wiiu it is supported(wiiu widescreen on or off), on the wii you must change your system settings.

Arecaidian Fox

fox-ott
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not on a WiiU for this, still have my old Wii plugging away. Is there no way to implement some kind of setting that squishes the video output so that when a TV stretches it, it's "corrected" and in 4:3? I've hacked about a dozen or so Wii consoles for friends and the like, and this is a problem I have encountered every single time. I know that I can just change the aspect ratio on the console in the system settings, but I always get asked if there's just a setting for it in USBLGX or the Nintendont loader itself. I know there isn't, but it would be nice if there could be. Having to back out of USBLGX (especially if the console is set up with Priiloader to boot right into it) and go back to the System Menu and change the aspect ratio for each game defeats a lot of the effort here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit