Hacking Nintendont

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trying out Nintendot. When I select usb and sd the wii u crashes and shows a reload screen. the usb is fat32 using a y cord and iso is in usb/games/game.iso

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Trying out Nintendot. When I select usb and sd the wii u crashes and shows a reload screen. the usb is fat32 using a y cord and iso is in usb/games/game.iso
its wrong...

it should be usb:games/somename/game.iso

your missing the middle folder that can have any game for instance
Usb:games/mario sunshine/game.iso

steveroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I played F Zero on a new 1080p sony bravia tv using nintendont with out any filters for wide screen. Compared the game on my wii using mios on a crt cramming 480p in a 480i tv. The graphics looked better on the crt compared to hdmi hd tv.

SuperDarkNeutral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have Nintendont 2.252, a built from December 2014. Any of the new versions just freeze at the logo screen. On the version I have, it freezes at "Loading Patched Kernel...-1".

I have IOS58 installed, which is what the forum and many tutorials have said to do. The trouble shooting section said to apply the original Homebrew theme (the default bubble theme) if "Loading patched kernel...-1" occurs. But, I didn't have a custom theme. So, I tried to apply one, and then reload the default bubble theme to see if it resolves the problem, and it didn't. I'm still getting "Loading patched kernel...-1" on v2.252 (as I mentioned, newer versions freeze at the logo screen). Please, I been trying to get this to work for 3 (almost 4) days now. I watched 6 different tutorials, and re-read the forum. Nothing is working. If you know a solution to this problem, please reply

Paths for Nintendont is:
apps/nintendont

Games path is:
games/[name of game]/game.iso

I'm using a 2GB SD card with a Micro SD/SDHC adapter (my USB gave the same error).

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I played F Zero on a new 1080p sony bravia tv using nintendont with out any filters for wide screen. Compared the game on my wii using mios on a crt cramming 480p in a 480i tv. The graphics looked better on the crt compared to hdmi hd tv.
The game's native resolution of 480p would naturally look significantly better on a 480i display than a 1080p one.
The Wii U doesn't emulate or really enhance Wii code at all - it's straight-up backwards compatible (think MIOS on Wii), which usually mandates disabling many hardware features. vWii is really just "The Wii, with 4 USB ports, (possibly, I'm only going off of Sm4sh's maximum, and assuming the standard Wii also doesn't have this) a maximum of 7 BlueTooth connections, slightly different video drivers, differently formatted IOS files, and Off-TV Play (but no GamePad controls)"

Just think - eventually, we'll probably have Devo/Nintendont equivalents to run those games (hopefully, both Wii and GameCube) in Wii U mode. Years off, yes. But it'll probably happen.

CC and CCpro have diferent ids, splatton maybe doesnt have the code to distinguish between the 2, but every wii game and homebrew app clearly have code for both.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote/Extension_Controllers#The_New_Way

first id is 0000 for CC and 0100 for classic controller pro.
This problem with 3rd party controllers is probably the reason why games like Sm4sh and Splatoon don't distinguish between the CC and CCPro. After all, they would not only need to be coded to use both ID numbers to work properly, but also to use the Wii MotionPlus addon passthrough's equivalents.
A manual override without editing source directly would be a nice feature, even if it's not truly essential.

Last edited by N7Kopper,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FINALLY I got this thing working, this took me how many months exactly? It was painfully obvious too once I read the code properly and started naming game functions.
-created a timer patch for gt cube which fixes all the random speedups the game still had, this should be the last game with speed problems

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FINALLY I got this thing working, this took me how many months exactly? It was painfully obvious too once I read the code properly and started naming game functions.
-created a timer patch for gt cube which fixes all the random speedups the game still had, this should be the last game with speed problems
100% Compatibility FTW!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have Nintendont 2.252, a built from December 2014. Any of the new versions just freeze at the logo screen. On the version I have, it freezes at "Loading Patched Kernel...-1".

I have IOS58 installed, which is what the forum and many tutorials have said to do. The trouble shooting section said to apply the original Homebrew theme (the default bubble theme) if "Loading patched kernel...-1" occurs. But, I didn't have a custom theme. So, I tried to apply one, and then reload the default bubble theme to see if it resolves the problem, and it didn't. I'm still getting "Loading patched kernel...-1" on v2.252 (as I mentioned, newer versions freeze at the logo screen). Please, I been trying to get this to work for 3 (almost 4) days now. I watched 6 different tutorials, and re-read the forum. Nothing is working. If you know a solution to this problem, please reply

Paths for Nintendont is:
apps/nintendont

Games path is:
games/[name of game]/game.iso

I'm using a 2GB SD card with a Micro SD/SDHC adapter (my USB gave the same error).
First off why are you using 252? just update to the latest one 342.

if you use nintendont inside updater you will need 2 updates once to get to the end of google code and another right after to get to github 342

Reactions: Adeka

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nearly 100 updates behind
facepalm.png

SuperDarkNeutral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off why are you using 252? just update to the latest one 342.

if you use nintendont inside updater you will need 2 updates once to get to the end of google code and another right after to get to github 342
I tried the newest version(s) and they freeze at the logo screen/background of nintendont. 2.252 gets passed that, but freezes once I pick a game to run.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried the newest version(s) and they freeze at the logo screen/background of nintendont. 2.252 gets passed that, but freezes once I pick a game to run.
are you using nintendont directly?

if they freeze on the logo then it must be something wierd you installed maybe an old ios58 or something.

SuperDarkNeutral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you using nintendont directly?

if they freeze on the logo then it must be something wierd you installed maybe an old ios58 or something.
I'm launching Nintendont through Homebrew channel. And I got the latest version of IOS58 from NUS Downloader, and I used Pimp my Wii to install it.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome work, Fix94, I admire your perseverance, now that we got all games working, can we start adding N64 support? :P (in be4 DC)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F