Hacking Nintendont

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I found this at the store and I wanted to check if it's compatible before I purchase it
61bNfUcn3VL._SX385_.jpg

It's not cheap so I don't want to buy it and find out it doesn't work with Nintendont, also does it work with other homebrews?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this at the store and I wanted to check if it's compatible before I purchase it
61bNfUcn3VL._SX385_.jpg

It's not cheap so I don't want to buy it and find out it doesn't work with Nintendont, also does it work with other homebrews?

So far all the gamecube adapter clones work with Nintendont. They even share the same controller.ini

Reactions: sonictopfan

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94

I had an idea recently, which I'm pretty sure is really diffecult or even impossible to implement: How about this: Instead of returning to the loader, when pressing the home-button it would be cool if a menu would open, where you can choose between returning to the game, returning to the loader and resetting the game (similar to the Wii menu when pressing home button, but less fancy). Further an option menu could be added to this menu where you can enable /disable widescreen on tbe fly and change the button layout for wiimote+nunchuck.

I realize that archieving something like this is probably really diffecult. I remember when you added returning to loader you added quite a lot of code and I'm not sure if it is even possible to return to the game after the PadHook is applied. Also I'm not sure if if it is possible to display something like a menu while the game is running.

I would love to hear your opinion on this. :)

nebbii

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Would be impossible to implement a similar home menu to the Wii or Wii U which you can leave and exit, as the home menu in actual Wii games are basically a pause menu programmed in the game (not an actual wrapper).

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had an idea recently, which I'm pretty sure is really diffecult or even impossible to implement

Oh the idea of a ingame menu is there for me since the beginning and I was thinking about it for quite a while, it would be doable for sure, for an example you can look at the wii system menu with neek you get a menu, if you can get a similar framebuffer hook into it then there should be no problem.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Perhaps it's best to let it go but since such an idea was suggested, how about adding simple button combos to the solo Wii remote(a Wii remote with no extensions connected)? Since this controller is normally not usable it would be more comfortable for the users. To me the current button combos on the GC controller are like a limitation left by DML which should no longer be the case.
I can thoroughly understand if this is not good for the project but any kind of info on this option is enough for me.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Perhaps it's best to let it go but since such an idea was suggested, how about adding simple button combos to the solo Wii remote(a Wii remote with no extensions connected)? Since this controller is normally not usable it would be more comfortable for the users. To me the current button combos on the GC controller are like a limitation left by DML which should no longer be the case.
I can thoroughly understand if this is not good for the project but any kind of info on this option is enough for me.
considering the wiimote now shuts down after 20 seconds adding anything to the wiimote seems pointless since you would have to turn it on let it sync and then do the rest, the buttom combos work great i dont see how a button combo on the controller you are already using to exit is limitating at all lol, limitating would be the need to turn on the wiimote to exit the game.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's right. They'll update that digital list of games in the future.

I really love Nintendon't state right now. Great functionality, the ability to use almost any kind of controller for Gamecube games, maybe BBA emulation someday... this really is a great piece of software. Wii is now my favorite retro-all-in-one console of choice, period.

One could hope that the Homebrew Launcher would be updated or open sourced in the future, so libsickaxis and libwupc functionality can be integrated.
That's been the case for me for a while, I still can't believe it already exceeded the original Xbox, that thing was like a beast when it comes to homebrews, but Wii just outdone it, hell even the PS3 is now on bar with the Xbox and the DS is pretty close!

Reactions: Darkworld92

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
considering the wiimote now shuts down after 20 seconds adding anything to the wiimote seems pointless since you would have to turn it on let it sync and then do the rest, the buttom combos work great i dont see how a button combo on the controller you are already using to exit is limitating at all lol, limitating would be the need to turn on the wiimote to exit the game.
The Wiimote doesn't turn of when using BT.
With CC or CCP (or any other controller connected to the Wiimote) could have that option.

It could be excluded from HID controllers.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

OK, cool. I don't see things like that though, many Wii games and Virtual Console games with GC controller support force you into using a Wii remote to exit, yep even devo. You could argue that exiting with one controller is the best option because for sure it is but wiimote syncing takes less than a second and it's always there so, to me it's not really limiting at all.
I'm not saying "remove that in favor of this", I'm saying adding this is harmless and would only help by giving the users options, which is always nice to have. Heck I'm not even sure I would use it but having the wiimote function would be fun and ultimately useful. Imagine toggling the widescreen hack for quick tests, or for taking screenshots, etc.
The Wiimote doesn't turn of when using BT.
With CC or CCP (or any other controller connected to the Wiimote) could have that option.
Using CC or CCP already gives you the option of exiting with the home button, just not from the wiimote but from the controller itself.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Using CC or CCP already gives you the option of exiting with the home button, just not from the wiimote but from the controller itself.
I am aware of that.
I was referring to using the Wiimote for other options like the on-the-fly Widescreen setting and other stuff, leaving the CC and CCP intact for gameplay.

The only thing here is that the values/registers for the CCP and Wiimote buttons are different, so they could be mapped for different instructions.

ivarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
I personally think your hdd works just fine since normally after that last debug print you get the game starts up. Can you try a game via sd or another usb device? Also if that works, can you see when it blackscreens with your current hdd if pressing the power button once does something or if it gets ignored?

Tried USBFLASH 4gb and SDCARD 4gb, FAT32, a cluster of 32kb, formatted guiformat through and through win7.
And the game is written in terms DMTool.
Nintendont 2.229 when the game starts writing 12 fs error.
Nintendont 3.319 black screen after kernel looping games.
Wii power button is turned off.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh the idea of a ingame menu is there for me since the beginning and I was thinking about it for quite a while, it would be doable for sure, for an example you can look at the wii system menu with neek you get a menu, if you can get a similar framebuffer hook into it then there should be no problem.
Good to hear that it's possible. Thanks for the reply!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Tried USBFLASH 4gb and SDCARD 4gb, FAT32, a cluster of 32kb, formatted guiformat through and through win7.
And the game is written in terms DMTool.
Nintendont 2.229 when the game starts writing 12 fs error.
Nintendont 3.319 black screen after kernel looping games.
Wii power button is turned off.
im guessing you dont have your wii connected to the internet?

aparently everyone having issues is becuase they dont have their wii connected to the internet over wifi automaticaly , fix found this out if you dont have an internet connection setted the games wont work lol another wierd glitch.

ivarge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
im guessing you dont have your wii connected to the internet?

aparently everyone having issues is becuase they dont have their wii connected to the internet over wifi automaticaly , fix found this out if you dont have an internet connection setted the games wont work lol another wierd glitch.

=-) wii connected to the internet via wi-fi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    cearp @ cearp: still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm