Hacking Nintendont

Shigakure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, first, I want to apologize if this was already asked. I'm totally a noob, and I have some questions regarding to "hack" the vWii.

I bought a Wii U, and I friend of mine told me about this, and I simply couldn't believe it, it's like a dream, haha.

Well, this are the questions I have:

1. Is this the post I must follow in order to "hack" the vWii? (I won't use cheats or mods or thinks that I've read about that, what I simply want is, the possibility of playing Wii, Game Cube and Nintendo 64 games on my Wii U (vWii)), in case this is not the topic or not the only topic, could you please link it or tell me what is the process called?

2. Is it safe to do that process I'm talking about?, like, could damage my Wii U?, or could I get ban from the Wii U?, I've read the first post and it says no, but I'm not sure if the process in this post it's all I need to play Wii, GC and N64 games.

3. What kind of controllers can I use for Wii, GC and N64 games?, I have Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote and Nunchuk.

4. I'm planning on buying a 128GB USB drive for 10 dollars, and a SD card of 2 GB. My friend told me that I should buy a Toshiba, because some USB have problem with this process, is that true?, this is the one I'll buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/128G-128GB-...997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d24b34c1d

5. Do I need an specific game copy in order to make this process?

6. Do I need anything else?

This would be all my questions, thank yo

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey FIX94 old wiiflow buddy. i have a couple of gamecube games i was wondering if you would take a look at.

1. disneys the haunted mansion - doesnt play the voices of madame leota and the main friendly ghosts that reward you with something. madame leota is at the beginning of the game in the crystal ball, you can't hear her. later in the game there is subtitles so the game is playable. just would be nice to hear what they are saying.

2. the hobbit game. plays good. but the cutscenes - either they play too fast and the audio can't catch up or vice versa.

no biggies. and if you can't or dont want to - no big deal. just thought i would ask. great job on nintendont you are awesome!

Reactions: Troopage

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello guys, first, I want to apologize if this was already asked. I'm totally a noob, and I have some questions regarding to "hack" the vWii.

I bought a Wii U, and I friend of mine told me about this, and I simply couldn't believe it, it's like a dream, haha.

Well, this are the questions I have:

1. Is this the post I must follow in order to "hack" the vWii? (I won't use cheats or mods or thinks that I've read about that, what I simply want is, the possibility of playing Wii, Game Cube and Nintendo 64 games on my Wii U (vWii)), in case this is not the topic or not the only topic, could you please link it or tell me what is the process called?

2. Is it safe to do that process I'm talking about?, like, could damage my Wii U?, or could I get ban from the Wii U?, I've read the first post and it says no, but I'm not sure if the process in this post it's all I need to play Wii, GC and N64 games.

3. What kind of controllers can I use for Wii, GC and N64 games?, I have Wii U Pro Controller, Wiimote and Nunchuk.

4. I'm planning on buying a 128GB USB drive for 10 dollars, and a SD card of 2 GB. My friend told me that I should buy a Toshiba, because some USB have problem with this process, is that true?, this is the one I'll buy: http://www.ebay.com/itm/128G-128GB-...997?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d24b34c1d

5. Do I need an specific game copy in order to make this process?

6. Do I need anything else?

This would be all my questions, thank yo
if you ever owned a modded wii its preety much the same

1-i will try to awnser shortly to hack vwii you need a specifiq wii game, i used Super smash brothers brawl with smash stack but i think there are some lego games with their own exploits but that should all be very easy to find i recomend finding an youtube video like hacking vwii, you cant install wii ios be aware just vwii ones if you follow a vwii tutorial theres no mistakes and a video tutorial is always much easier to follow imo.

2- if you follow a tutorial theres no chance to damage your wiiu and remenber your wiiu menu and all your wiiu stuff are separated from vwii so its like 2 completely separated things.You cant get ban from wii games since well the wii wifi was shutdown so no wii games online unless you used a mod with a fan server so yeah you cant be banned at all and like i said vwii doesnt affect the wiiu menu so wiiu online is totaly separated and safe.

3- on wii games you can only use the controllers supported by the game itself since there is no controller emulation for wii games its just the supported ones, on nintendont or n64 emulator you need to check the compatible controllers with that app, each homebrew as its own controller supported but i advise you to get a classic controller atleast those work on every app possible.

4- the wiiu itself was made with a bug wich is the usb doors dont have enough eletrical power so most devices need a y cable if they dont have external power source as you can see even with the official wiiugcadapter even nintendo made it a Y cable device due to not having enough power so be advised if using an device without self power get a Y cable too.

5-like i said afew games have exploits ssbb and some lego games.

6-you need an sd card max 2gb if im not mistaken since its where you will use the exploit with said game but i could be wrong and the new exploits working with bigger sd cards.

just follow a tutorial of your game on youtube its the best thing, if you dont own one of the needed games then well i dont know if you can install homebrew channel.

Shigakure

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A guy on YouTube told me that installin the wii "emulator" or playing wii games through the hombrew channel, could damage the system.

And also, I don't get it, is Nintendont what for?, is the same as the hombrew channel?, I tried reading the post, but I got confused!

Thank you! :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
A guy on YouTube told me that installin the wii "emulator" or playing wii games through the hombrew channel, could damage the system.
theres no wii emulator lol wiiu plays wii games natively we dont emulate them at all, it can only damage if you try to do things that arent said in the tuturials most ppl that brick their vwiis try to install wii ios on vwii instead of the vwii ios, there is no damage if you follow step by step.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So I have a problem with a game, Lugi's mansion PAL, wiki says that if I don't use progessive patch it should run, it crashes at the very start, when the ghost should appear the display glitches and the game crashes, I have widescreen ON, and Progressive OFF, if I turn widescreen off it runs. So the wiki has innacurate information? Or did the version of nov 29, 2014 somehow screwed with that game?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a problem with a game, Lugi's mansion PAL, wiki says that if I don't use progessive patch it should run, it crashes at the very start, when the ghost should appear the display glitches and the game crashes, I have widescreen ON, and Progressive OFF, if I turn widescreen off it runs. So the wiki has innacurate information? Or did the version of nov 29, 2014 somehow screwed with that game?

Well, NTSC version works fine to me at least :P

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The PAL version is better than the NTSC version as it has content that isn't in the NTSC version like Mirror Mansion. As of r315 it was working for me on my NTSC Wii.

AAAh that made sens. I see why everyone want to use the PAL version :P

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AAAh that made sens. I see why everyone want to use the PAL version :P

People complained about the NTSC-U/J version that the Hidden Mansion didn't offer anything new compared to the Regular Mansion so they made the PAL version so you can't get S Rank with Regular Mansion as there is not enough money and the Hidden Mansion is mirrored to make things more difficult. There a few other tweaks but I don't remember them.

What version of Nintendont are you using? I used r315 last and it works. I don't use progressive as that causes severe overscanning on my NTSC TV and I don't use widescreen as it does nothing.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I can't perform Master (P3) /Crazy Hand (P4) glitch on Melee... gets stuck on Now Loading...

likely because it messes with certain memory addresses.
So it's a normal behaviour XD It glitched anyway, but crashed.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a specific memory compatibility list? I noticed that the issue with my current setup was the USB that I was using(really poor quality walmart brand one :( ), and before that I had tried to use a Lexar branded one and it didn't work too well.

I'm looking at this SD card for now.[Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC]. I've never really looked into Transcend before, and was wondering if they are good to go with the WiiU? I don't really want to be loading via USB, since I've got a ton of digital games already on the WiiU, and when I start it up, it makes a big fuss about having multiple USB's connected.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a specific memory compatibility list? I noticed that the issue with my current setup was the USB that I was using(really poor quality walmart brand one :( ), and before that I had tried to use a Lexar branded one and it didn't work too well.

I'm looking at this SD card for now.[Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC]. I've never really looked into Transcend before, and was wondering if they are good to go with the WiiU? I don't really want to be loading via USB, since I've got a ton of digital games already on the WiiU, and when I start it up, it makes a big fuss about having multiple USB's connected.

SD cards can cause all sorts of read issues as the Wii U's SD slot is really slow compared to what is should be. Between underpowered USB Ports and slow SD Card Slot I don't know what Nintendo was thinking?

What is giving you the problem, the Wii U or Nintedndont?

Reactions: 2Hack and Adeka

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
SD cards can cause all sorts of read issues as the Wii U's SD slot is really slow compared to what is should be.

What is giving you the problem, the Wii U or Nintedndont?
Ahh, so that's how you guys use Nintendon't without tearing your hair out :P UStealth looks awesome.
I'll try looking into buying an external HDD, but for now, I think I'm going to juggle around my current USB's and check them out. Will probably just opt for a 32GB usb, which should be big enough to last :) Still feel as though an SD card could be the answer, as it is also much more compact than a USB device.

oh now I see you edited your comment;
The issue with USB's was just simple compatibility with the wii. It struggles to load through my regular wii, or through my vWii. Even on USB Loader GX. I was only able to play sonic A2B before, and other games would just never run.

If there was a good compatibility list or sth for Nintendon't (i'll probably only use it for Nintendon't) it would really help me decide which one I should invest my money in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Back again