Hacking Nintendont

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really mind the message the Wii U spits out when using a USB drive so I just hit cancel. Using a USB HDD will yield the best results in terms of read speed.

Reactions: 2Hack

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well, with me, I have two usbs connected at once, so once I hit cancel, it resets the wiiU :/

I did figure out my Lexar USB. It wont run via USB Loader GX, but it does via the Nintendon't app. Think I'm going stick around with this, check out Ustealth, see if it helps bypass the opening message, and then I'll look into buying a usb dedicated to Nintendon't :]

Lesson learned; Never buy lexar. they produce borderline shitty memory stuff.

Thanks ccfman2004 :D

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I have a problem with a game, Lugi's mansion PAL, wiki says that if I don't use progessive patch it should run, it crashes at the very start, when the ghost should appear the display glitches and the game crashes, I have widescreen ON, and Progressive OFF, if I turn widescreen off it runs. So the wiki has innacurate information? Or did the version of nov 29, 2014 somehow screwed with that game?
widescreen is a hack so theres always a chance for it to crash, and your using nintendont from november 29 2014? jesus that is old as crap why arent you using the latest version?
https://nintendon-t.googlecode.com/svn-history/r319/trunk/loader/loader.dol

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
overall this isnt a whole lot but the effects can be very, very big:
-added back a slighly modified version of Patch31A0 because it appears to be needed in certain situations, also made some small modifications with the memory usage of patches
-slightly modified the game start process to make sure everything gets inited in the correct order

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overall this isnt a whole lot but the effects can be very, very big:
-added back a slighly modified version of Patch31A0 because it appears to be needed in certain situations, also made some small modifications with the memory usage of patches
-slightly modified the game start process to make sure everything gets inited in the correct order

Still waiting to play PSO online with you and the other testers ;)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Most likely a big update for stability, random crashes and the likes. Probably worth checking any further problematic games or even testers current library that might have random crashes or that users say they have problems with.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there was somebody who was working on getting the Broadband Adapter emulated but he was having issues and I haven't seen him here in a while. I do not want to reveal his name so people don't bombard him with PM's so don't ask who it was unless he wants to reveal himself. He as well as all the other devs here are doing this on their spare time and their main life takes precedence over Nintendont. If I knew C I would absolutely help out but sadly I don't and I have my own programming issues to attend to.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
In order to answer the questions:

1) I am using the 2.188 versions according to the meta .xml which I got from here

2) I prefer Luigi's mansion PAL because it also has a higher difficulty and the mansion is flipped, it's a nice touch.

3) I assumed nintendon't went into hibernation or some such, many programs and games take months to years before they produce an update.

On another part has nintendont fixed the problems with star fox adventures? (regarding the un synched subs)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) I am using the 2.188 versions according to the meta .xml which I got from here

2) I prefer Luigi's mansion PAL because it also has a higher difficulty and the mansion is flipped, it's a nice touch.

3) I assumed nintendon't went into hibernation or some such, many programs and games take months to years before they produce an update.

On another part has nintendont fixed the problems with star fox adventures? (regarding the un synched subs)

You're using a very old version, Star Fox Adventures has been fixed for some time lol.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Fixed star fox yeah.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1: That's just a base XML that the Nintendont app updates with whatever version you are running. Please check what Nintendont version you are using by going into the app itself.
3: Nintendont gets update sometime 1 or 2 times a day
Yes Star Fox Adventures has been fixed for quite some time now

What the heck is going on with the forum? It is screwing up my post.
You're using a very old version, Star Fox Adventures has been fixed for some time lol.
He is basing his version on the XML file that is on the front page Nintendont's Google Code page which is very old and hasn't been changed.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any chance this (or something similar) could get added to Nintendon't so Cyan can locate the build version easier?

Code:
#define STRINGIZE2(s) #s
#define STRINGIZE(s) STRINGIZE2(s)
#define NIN_VERSION_STRING "$$Version:" STRINGIZE(NIN_MAJOR_VERSION) "." STRINGIZE(NIN_MINOR_VERSION)
const char * NIN_BUILD_STRING = NIN_VERSION_STRING;

I just stuck it in loader/main.c after the includes to test it.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone is adding notes that some games have fps issues. Is this even possible? Nintendont isn't emulating the game so all games should be running at normal speed? (excluding the orange four)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Someone is adding notes that some games have fps issues. Is this even possible? Nintendont isn't emulating the game so it should be running at normal speed? (excluding the orange four)

probably someone who haven't play the game before and assumed it lags while it does on real hardware (I guess?)
Same example for Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2, this game lags a lot.

Reactions: Adeka

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_is_cool, no more fire in the hole