Hacking Nintendont

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, tested it with the stable version after the usb changes out of curiosity and it's still present, audio is delayed when you play longer (mostly noticeable in games like Blue Sphere) and when you play long enough the audio starts to mess up and make noises, the audio can be temporarily synched though if you press bring up Z menu.

Edit: also sometimes games start with no audio at all, the proto version has even more audio related issues though it's unplayable (unless you mute the game).

I wonder what could be causing the issue, I do know that Sega lifted code from the emulator Gens, in fact, I think they used the source code in its entirety for the compilation. Maybe it'll get resolved, but at least there's Genesis Plus GX :P

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what could be causing the issue, I do know that Sega lifted code from the emulator Gens, in fact, I think they used the source code in its entirety for the compilation. Maybe it'll get resolved, but at least there's Genesis Plus GX :P

If thats actually true about ripping off the source code entirely for Gens, that's just awful lmao

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Genesis Plus GX is the better option of course, also it's worth mentioning that every game in that list was officially released as a VC title (including Ristar and Flicky) so unless you have the (Plus) version which came out for the PS2/Xbox/PC you're not missing any games if you get the VC versions instead, now i do prefer using the GC controller, but that's where Genesis Plus GX comes in handy!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well Genesis Plus GX is the better option of course, also it's worth mentioning that every game in that list was officially released as a VC title (including Ristar and Flicky) so unless you have the (Plus) version which came out for the PS2/Xbox/PC you're not missing any games if you get the VC versions instead, now i do prefer using the GC controller, but that's where Genesis Plus GX comes in handy!
you can use the gc controller on every VC game also...

gavme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pipeten.com
XP
Country
I've seen some people have had this same issue but I've not been able to find a confirmed fix. I've spent many hours trying to get it working but to no avail.

When using the latest version of WiiFlow and the latest version of Nintendont, when I click the game it just takes me to Nintendont and gives me the choice of sd or usb instead of just auto loading the game.

WiiFlow and Nintendont are installed on the SD card. All the games are on the USB drive. USBLoaderGX works fine with Nintendont as does Nintendont on its own.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I'm starting to go crazy with something that I imagine has a very simple fix.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen some people have had this same issue but I've not been able to find a confirmed fix. I've spent many hours trying to get it working but to no avail.

When using the latest version of WiiFlow and the latest version of Nintendont, when I click the game it just takes me to Nintendont and gives me the choice of sd or usb instead of just auto loading the game.

WiiFlow and Nintendont are installed on the SD card. All the games are on the USB drive. USBLoaderGX works fine with Nintendont as does Nintendont on its own.

Any help would be appreciated. I think I'm starting to go crazy with something that I imagine has a very simple fix.

Turn on Autoboot in the Nintendont settings

gavme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pipeten.com
XP
Country
Turn on Autoboot in the Nintendont settings
Thanks, I did try that but I guess that brings me to my next problem which I've also seen other people have but I've not seen a fix.

Nintendont won't save any settings when used through WiiFlow for me, I can only get Nintendont to save its settings for when it is used independently.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I did try that but I guess that brings me to my next problem which I've also seen other people have but I've not seen a fix.

Nintendont won't save any settings when used through WiiFlow for me, I can only get Nintendont to save its settings for when it is used independently.

Is there a setting in Wiiflow that has autoboot for Nintendont?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is intentional. All loaders delete ninconfig.bin at launch so their settings don't interfere with Nintendont's. There should be a setting in the GameCube settings for Wiiflow, or if all else fails, use the per-game settings

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is intentional. All loaders delete ninconfig.bin at launch so their settings don't interfere with Nintendont's. There should be a setting in the GameCube settings for Wiiflow, or if all else fails, use the per-game settings
are you sure they delete ninconfig.bin? I always thought nintendont used ninconfig for the args sent to it and wiiflow and usb loader gx just sent their own arguments to nintendont never really changing ninconfig.bin. thats why if you launch a gc game with wiiflow it doesnt change nintendonts settings and doesnt save them. i could be wrong though.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Not the Genesis games, no.
i recall very well playing streets of rage with the gc controller.

just confirmed im playing strreets of rage offical genesis VC room since i actualy bough it from wii shop channel and im using the gc controller, where did you get the idea you couldnt use the gc controller? that makes no sence, of course you need the dpad to move since its a dpad console.

gavme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pipeten.com
XP
Country
OK, after lots of fiddling and testing different things I have finally managed to load GameCube games from within WiiFlow. Woo Hoo!

I had to replace the /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol from the standard WiiFlow installation with the same file from Abz's 4.2.3 MasterMod.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i recall very well playing streets of rage with the gc controller.
I recall playing Sonic 3D Blast (which requires analog stick to control properly) and I had troubles with the boss in Volcano Vally because I was forced to either use the Wii remote or the nunchuck, at the time I played with the remote until I reached that boss then had no choice but to switch to the nunchuck, terriple design since most VC games allow for the use of the GC controller.

btw can anyone confirm wither NES VC games allow the use of a GC controller or not? I can check but I'm away from the Wii atm, I remember noticing that the NES emulator in Super Smash Bros Brawl DOES support the use of the GC controller so I wanted to be sure if that's just in the game or if it's in the emulator itself.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, after lots of fiddling and testing different things I have finally managed to load GameCube games from within WiiFlow. Woo Hoo!

I had to replace the /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol from the standard WiiFlow installation with the same file from Abz's 4.2.3 MasterMod.

The standard WiiFlow doesn't know about Nintendont. Same goes for most other loaders too. You always need the modded version which supports Nintendont.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I recall playing Sonic 3D Blast (which requires analog stick to control properly) and I had troubles with the boss in Volcano Vally because I was forced to either use the Wii remote or the nunchuck, at the time I played with the remote until I reached that boss then had no choice but to switch to the nunchuck, terriple design since most VC games allow for the use of the GC controller.

btw can anyone confirm wither NES VC games allow the use of a GC controller or not? I can check but I'm away from the Wii atm, I remember noticing that the NES emulator in Super Smash Bros Brawl DOES support the use of the GC controller so I wanted to be sure if that's just in the game or if it's in the emulator itself.
your not recalling your things right im at this instant playing offcial streets of rage VC with my gc controller on my wii you need to use the dpad but thats about it. gc controler is supported by all vc releases same for the classic controller incase you dont know.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
your not recalling your things right im at this instant playing offcial streets of rage VC with my gc controller on my wii you need to use the dpad but thats about it. gc controler is supported by all vc releases same for the classic controller incase you dont know.
You're right, it's all coming to me now, it supports the GC controller but it doesn't support the analog stick, which is pointless in this case, so by the time I reached Volcano Valley 3 and had troubles I said to myself "fuck it" and just used the nunchuck instead, anyway I now remember why I prefer to use Genesis Plus GX over the VC collection.

Also I don't have a classic controller, not yet anyway, earlier today I saw at the mall some third party classic controllers and first party controller pro, which one is recommended for using on Wii for VC and other HB?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, it's all coming to me now, it supports the GC controller but it doesn't support the analog stick, which is pointless in this case, so by the time I reached Volcano Valley 3 and had troubles I said to myself "fuck it" and just used the nunchuck instead, anyway I now remember why I prefer to use Genesis Plus GX over the VC collection.

Also I don't have a classic controller, not yet anyway, earlier today I saw at the mall some third party classic controllers and first party controller pro, which one is recommended for using on Wii for VC and other HB?
I hace a official Pro and a third party CC, so i recommend the first party in some HB the third one fails buttons or the analog sticks get stuck in one direction

Reactions: sonictopfan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1