Hacking Nintendont

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance of having a "per game" wiiu widescreen option?
Like for instance, Timesplitters future perfect supports widescreen so I'd like to launch that title with Wiiu Widescreen on but Turok does not. So I'd like to keep the original aspect ratio on that one.
Can it be done?
Thanks for everything.

Use an external loader. I'm partial to USB Loader GX, but many like Wiiflow (which is, by the way, being constantly updated for Nintendont)

Aaaaaaand :ninja:'d again

bm123456

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like for instance, Timesplitters future perfect supports widescreen so I'd like to launch that title with Wiiu Widescreen on but Turok does not. So I'd like to keep the original aspect ratio on that one.
Can it be done?
Thanks for everything.
Our only option for that currently is thru a USB loader of your choice.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can it be done?
Thanks for everything.
I have requested the same some time ago.

Well not EXACTLY the same, but something like a CFG file, configurations per game due to some games not being compatible with Widescreen or Progressive, etc.
It would certainly be handy since it is somewhat bothersome to run a game, then notice that the settings are wrong, reset the loader, change them, play it and then change them again once you want to play another game. :/

TonyM

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mario Kart Arcade GP [GGPE01] works well even Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 works well for me as i change ISO
me it works with cfg r70 78 carrying the game channel wii and gamecube and nintendont

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
I have requested the same some time ago.

Well not EXACTLY the same, but something like a CFG file, configurations per game due to some games not being compatible with Widescreen or Progressive, etc.
It would certainly be handy since it is somewhat bothersome to run a game, then notice that the settings are wrong, reset the loader, change them, play it and then change them again once you want to play another game. :/
Why not just use an external loader?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why not just use an external loader?
I always use the standalone app, for both testing and compatibility purposes.
I find it easier to have one app per game console, and even like it or not, Nintendont itself IS a loader.
My only suggestion would be that, to add a configuration file that stores the settings chosen for each game separately.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
use an usb loader

I always do.
I use CFG mod (latest rev)
It would be cool thought if [user]FIX94[/user] could find some time to update it but I'm guessing he's busy with more important things (Nintendon't at this point).
And I don't see any option for that (I'm not talking about "forcing" widescreen. I'm talking about the Wiiu Widescreen option)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I always do.
I use CFG mod (latest rev)
It would be cool thought if [user]FIX94[/user] could find some time to update it but I'm guessing he's busy with more important things (Nintendon't at this point).
And I don't see any option for that (I'm not talking about "forcing" widescreen. I'm talking about the Wiiu Widescreen option)

USB loader GX latest version has this option, so is Abz wiiflow mod.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
USB loader GX latest version has this option, so is Abz wiiflow mod.

ON a per game basis?
Last time I checked it was on a global scale.
BTW, to be honest, even though GX LOOKS very cool, it is way, way too unstable for my taste.
CFG is way ahead on that regard.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
ON a per game basis?
Last time I checked it was on a global scale.
BTW, to be honest, even though GX LOOKS very cool, it is way, way too unstable for my taste.
CFG is way ahead on that regard.

Per game and global :)

Also, GX IS stable! Where do you see it ustable? It was on the pre 2.0 release. Now it is very stable and functionnal :)

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could we have widescreen on 4:3 tvs? (pillar boxing top and bottom?) Also I don't understand why Wii U Widescreen is Wii U specific. Why not have it do what it does on wii as well?

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Could we have widescreen on 4:3 tvs? (pillar boxing top and bottom?) Also I don't understand why Wii U Widescreen is Wii U specific. Why not have it do what it does on wii as well?

I'm guessing because the Wii is analog while the WiiU is digital? HDMI can carry aspect ratio info while composite/component can't (please correct me if I'm wrong)

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
The Test Menu in Virtua Striker 4 ver.2006 is kinda awkward to navigate can the dpad be inverted patched to correct it just for this game? atm
dpad right = up / Tactics (U)
dpad left = down / Tactics (D)
dpad up = Tactics (M)
+ = down also
The service button is mapped to the long pass button, it does a pause in-game now before passing the ball,
can the service button be mapped to C instead for Triforce games? or have Troopz config made the default one for Triforce games, for instance in Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 with the default config gas is mapped to nunchuck tilt and it effects the menu selections, that's why I Troopz config instead as it maps gas to B.
The card test fails, card r/w not found, in-game also states "card not accepted temporally" although I seem to have had it working earlier???
If the selectable button configs where scrapped and a option added to select your favourite button config via the nintendont menu / config file, it'd free up button 2 for other uses.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm glad Triforce save feature is implemented, finally we have the option for the announcer in Mario Kart GP 2, btw you can use your save from QF just copy "csave.bin" and rename it to "GP1.bin" or "GP2.bin" respectively and it should work fine, make sure you set EmuMC to off or else the games will crash while saving, the irony.

On a different note, testing both Phantasy Star Online games with EmuMC off the games seem to run fine so it seems the issue is indeed related to the bios being enabled, maybe it's best to include an exception for these two games to not support bios? Also Peach castle now runs fine with EmuMC disabled seeing how the bios are disabled in turn, I'm fine if it stays like this, bios screen work when using EmuMC and no bios when disabling EmuMC, nice!

Edit: FIX94 Do you think you can include this code for F-Zero AX?
Code:
GFZJ8P
F-Zero AX

Disable Countdown Timers [dj_skual]
0423759C 40200000
042375D4 40200000
023CD6A2 00000000
024431EE 00000000
0423736C 00000000
04237334 00000000

Reactions: cvskid

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I really don't understand why people like to hardcode cheats into Nintendont.

There are literally thousand of cheats out there and it is not like Nintendont don't support cheats.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing 2 while the settings could open a list of hardcoded cheats we can enable or disable? Mainly for the GP2 announcer to start with

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge