Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick suggestion I would like some insight to. Has the idea of using C to toggle the IR been proposed/addressed?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I this it more a reflection that I spent most of the last 2 weeks on the gamecube adapter and trying to get the released nintendont back to a stable state..

their are more enhancements that I would like to do before a release.

I do want to verify with all of you ( as only 2 of you commented on it at all ) You are all switching to the alternate IR setting and the default ir setting can be removed?

Yes, I'm fine with that.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One quick suggestion I would like some insight to. Has the idea of using C to toggle the IR been proposed/addressed?
Your proposing it here. what your proposing I dont understand.
You want to toggle the ir between what and what?

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your proposing it here. what your proposing I dont understand.
You want to toggle the ir between what and what?
Using C to toggle the IR on when needed. That way when you're not using it, you don't have to be so careful where you're pointing it.

Example: Say you're playing a platformer, and you have the camera lined up so you can make a jump. One wrong twitch of the wrist could send you plummeting to your death because the camera jerks suddenly when you don't mean for it to.

This could also possibly save from having to clunk around with how IR is implemented into the configurations currently with the extra button press when selecting your config. I thought it might at least be worth experimenting.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think Drak0rex is referring to a config similar to FPS/shooter config but with the IR toggling on/off with the press of a button.
There are 3rd person retail Wii games that work like this: Tomb Raider games, Scarface etc to name a few. In these games, once you hold c on the nunchuck, IR becomes the 3rd person camera. Once you let go of c, IR is ignored (for camera).

A config like this could work i think. However the current FPS config should NOT be tampered, as it is finally perfected :)

I do want to verify with all of you ( as only 2 of you commented on it at all ) You are all switching to the alternate IR setting and the default ir setting can be removed?

Yep, the smaller deadzone IR is the best one by far.

Reactions: Drak0rex

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Drak0rex is referring to a config similar to FPS/shooter config but with the IR toggling on/off with the press of a button.
There are 3rd person retail Wii games that work like this: Tomb Raider games, Scarface etc to name a few. In these games, once you hold c on the nunchuck, IR becomes the 3rd person camera. Once you let go of c, IR is ignored (for camera).

A config like this could work i think. However the current FPS config should NOT be tampered, as it is finally perfected :)
Ya, see? Nakata gets it. Any reason we couldn't give this idea a go and then have a vote?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
just thought of something (and i'll go check now if it's already an option but i didn't remember seeing it) but hacing an option in the config to set which button config to start with and whether to start with IR enabled or not would allow you to set the setting for each game in wiiflow or usb gx and not ave to worry as much about switching in game (even though leaving the option to switch in game would still be there, of course)

what you guys think?

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's a REALLY good idea actually!
The only issue i can think is that if you start with, say, naggers as default instead of the vanilla default then you have to enter the button combo that would amount to naggers to change back to the vanilla default.
Ditto if another config was default in place of the vanilla one. It is not a big issue, in fact anyone who uses nintendont mod can but for newbies it could be confusing.

However, having it as an option would be amazing.

Reactions: Drak0rex

1vanchom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry if I'm bothering you, but I know that the problem with nunchuck is because of the lack of buttons.

I'm thinking that is it possible to use 1 and 2 to change the function of the analog stick?

for example pressing 1 = analog stick
pressing 2 = dpad
pressing (+) for start
(-) for enable/disable for rumble or another use
use the C button + IR to use the C stick

is this possible to make happen? is this a good idea?
sorry for my inglish I need practice and sorry if I waste your time.

MintyDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For zelda players can we have a config with a B set to swing wiimote. and in settings an option to change wiimote configs on load.
and for another configuration
A=A
B=B
+=R
-=L
C+Control stick=C stick
Control stick=Joystick
1+C=X
1+Z=Y
Z=Z
Dpad=Dpad

I still think that makeing a controllor config file might work. but i understand the resions not makeing one

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those that donated should have recieved nunchuck beta 16

Based on 2.256

-Someone requested an update to the current nintendont version.
-The default IR configuration was removed as everyone that responded said they perfered the alternate one.

I am not looking at configurations for just 1 game.

The functions for the home , 1 and 2 buttons are consistant for all wiimote + nunchuck configurations they wont be changed for individual configurations.

qBob64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I don't know much about coding, but since some people want to have different configs that they like better but are not made why not add an option for users to make their own config file? Maybe nintendont could look for a config file and if there is one then it could override the default controls, but if there isn't one then it would just use the configs that you guys made. Sorry if this has already been addressed.

qBob64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A simple config editor like what is in the apps you mentioned would not give us the same level of configuration we will be obtaining by having hard coded configurations. To expand on those editors we would need along the lines of

"select first key pressed for button A"
"select second key pressed for button A"
"select third key pressed for button A"
"select first key NOT pressed for button A"
"select second key NOT pressed for button A"
"select third key NOT pressed for button A"

We may have some some config that have more than 1 way to achieve a desire result so we will have to repeat the above sequence twice for each control.

I feel that users that have the ability to set up a config like this correctly without help would also be able to mod the code to their own liking, and find modding the code much simpler. Those users that could not set up the config themselves will create a support nightmare. They will each want help or be reporting nonexistant bugs because they cant get each game they want to play configured the way they want it.

Oops, didn't see this before. That makes sense now.

So, are you saying a control editor such as Wii64 has would absolutely never work?
What exactly are 'levels of configuration'?

oddMLan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of suggestions:
-The Wiimote IR should have a bigger deadzone (if there's any)... I mean, it is difficult sometimes to hold the wiimote exactly in the center of the screen if you don't want the camera C-Stick to move when using Nagger's config. Same with the Nunchuck tilt.
-Is there a way to change the default config? I mean, if for example I want Nagger's to be the default config.
-Nunchuck and Wiimote waggle detection would be useful, maybe possible reading accelerometer values.
-Although it may not achieve the same level of configuration than modding the code, I still think there should be a simple GUI, or even just a barebones text-only control editor. For a GUI editor, take as example the one that Wii64 uses. If users want help configuring their controls, there should be a thread dedicated specifically to that.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Different configurations are best for different games.

Configurations using IR are best for game that require constant cstick control (shooters). dont enable IR if yiou dont want to constantly be using it. All the configurations that use tilt for cstick control release the c button and it centers.

The default config is a starting place. When its not the best config for the game you want to play press 2 or 3 buttons and change it.

No one has yet to come up with a configuration that uses "waggle" and is better for a group of games then the existing configurations. The closest that has been proposed so far is using the wiimote and nunchuck as drum sticks in the donkey konga games.

The HID controllers are much simpler to configure then the nunchuck would be. We proved the idea of a thread to configure controls dosent work with the hid controlls.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle