Hacking Nintendont - wiimote & nunchuck support discussions

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please record a video of IR aiming in Gamecube games?

I would but I don't have anything to record with.

Btw, I kicked you guys out of our private conversation so that it's just between Abz and I again, so if you need any of the links in it, just send me a PM.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Home = Exit This will not be changed. Even if their is a reason for doing it in wiimote + nunchuch when a user goes from using nunchuck to using a different controller if they press home expecting it to do something other than exit and it exits they will be "unhappy".

OK

Right now what I need is feed back about which is better "+ and -" or "1 and 2" being start and change layout with the other 2 buttons useable as playable buttons. It will be the same accross all nunchusk configurations. I had one tester email me their opinion because they didnt want to get beat up on by a vocal few that have a different opinion. You can ask questions but everyone is intitled to their own opinion. Keep it nice. Weather it stay changed or goes back the way it was will determine what buttons are available for use in the configs. It needs to be decided before making other changes.
Ofcourse + and - are better as playable buttons. Always reachable, unlike 1 and 2 ones.
As for the opinions they are just that. I hoper i was not the vocal one (towards drakorex maybe?)

I disagree with the default config the right/left nunchuck tilt for L and R should be used with c held, in order to get rid of unneeded input during the game. I find I use tilt without thinking about it. Making it a shift would break the config for those games whare it is usefull. As many controls as possable should be available without shifting.
ok

Dropping grenades at you feet is unacceptable. I am aware of this. Their are also some fps games that require the full analog motion of the triggers. I dont want to take that functionallity away and break the config for those games. What we will probably end up with is a way to have booth.
Trust me man there is no GC fps game that makes meaningful use of L/R analog triggers. On the other hand, for many GC fps games, NC tilt is undisputedly problematic as is currently implemented in FPS2 config.

Can somebody please record a video of IR aiming in Gamecube games?

I would LOVE to show off my IR skills but i lack a device to record gameplay.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
So I made few tests today and I found few things useful:
1. naggers config
using c+Z c+B as 1/2 pressed made 2 buttons free
using c+Dpad for camera (c-stick) is really handy in sunshine
using B+Dpad for GC-D-pad made this option available and easy to use too
Home as start is not bad actually (pausing and saving with a button at fingertip)
2 for config change is very good since this button is far away
using 1&2 to exit also fixes unwanted exit since this only can be done on purpose

2.Troopage config
adding c+Z c+B as 1/2 pressed is also natural and goes without saying

3.Naggers FPS
same as naggers
also since - and + are free these can also act as 1/2 press

this also should open the door for a better scenario
maybe - and + in naggers can now be used to switch for nunchuck tilt to IR aiming to D-pad for c-stick, that would make 3 in 1 config useful in even more games

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...3.Naggers FPS
same as naggers

maybe - and + in naggers can now be used to switch for nunchuck tilt to IR aiming to D-pad for c-stick, that would make 3 in 1 config useful in even more games

And if - & + don't end up being used to switch how to control the C-Stick, you could always make it so that they are 1/2 like in naggers IR.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is weird but can we please go back to the small deadzone of beta 5?
This one: http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendo...upport-discussions.371356/page-9#post-5123882

When asking about reverting something back to vers 5 - 9 their were a number of cut/ paste error in version numbers please include the text that was in the email that you recieved with it and the date it says it was sent (just like you did here) so I can match up the versions. that text was actually emailed as beta 6. It was impossable to actually look forward in beta 6. I learned a lot about how the gamecube fps games actually interpert the cstick sence then. What is it you liked about that beta your looking to get back?
AbdallahTerro the source you were trying to revert to was labled correctly it was for beta 5. beta 5 has nothing in it to try and compensate for the deadzone. The block of code you tryed using had a number of other problems that got fixed. we would need to do some changes to make it work right.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
When asking about reverting something back to vers 5 - 9 their were a number of cut/ paste error in version numbers please include the text that was in the email that you recieved with it and the date it says it was sent (just like you did here) so I can match up the versions. that text was actually emailed as beta 6. It was impossable to actually look forward in beta 6. I learned a lot about how the gamecube fps games actually interpert the cstick sence then. What is it you liked about that beta your looking to get back?
AbdallahTerro the source you were trying to revert to was labled correctly it was for beta 5. beta 5 has nothing in it to try and compensate for the deadzone. The block of code you tryed using had a number of other problems that got fixed. we would need to do some changes to make it work right.
yeah I used the IR code as is taken from the beta5 source
I don't use IR myself but I thought only the sensitivity got changed later
did you try the new changes and what do you think about' em?

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I think this post is the one you speak of with the parameters?
About why that older IR is better than the beta 9 one (which is the same till beta 13 IIRC), the only issue was with Die Hard Vendetta. Since then i managed to get DHV not twitching with beta 5 IR. In ALL other GC fps, beta 5 IR is way snappier especially when fine tuning your aim (sniping, headshooting, etc). So now that DHV issue is not present, there is no need for IR deadzone and speed to be nerfed :)

So I made few tests today and I found few things useful:
1. naggers config
using c+Z c+B as 1/2 pressed made 2 buttons free
using c+Dpad for camera (c-stick) is really handy in sunshine
using B+Dpad for GC-D-pad made this option available and easy to use too
Home as start is not bad actually (pausing and saving with a button at fingertip)
2 for config change is very good since this button is far away
using 1&2 to exit also fixes unwanted exit since this only can be done on purpose

2.Troopage config
adding c+Z c+B as 1/2 pressed is also natural and goes without saying

3.Naggers FPS
same as naggers

Those sound REALLY good

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this post is the one you speak of with the parameters?
About why that older IR is better than the beta 9 one (which is the same till beta 13 IIRC), the only issue was with Die Hard Vendetta. Since then i managed to get DHV not twitching with beta 5 IR. In ALL other GC fps, beta 5 IR is way snappier especially when fine tuning your aim (sniping, headshooting, etc). So now that DHV issue is not present, there is no need for IR deadzone and speed to be nerfed :)
Can you load boot.dol from the email labled bata 5 and verify thats the one you want. That one had the ir data sent directly to the game without trying to compensate for the dead zone. ( if its not and you try other versions remember the email labled "RE: beta 6 " is actually beta 7.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Can you load boot.dol from the email labled bata 5 and verify thats the one you want. That one had the ir data sent directly to the game without trying to compensate for the dead zone. ( if its not and you try other versions remember the email labled "RE: beta 6 " is actually beta 7.

I can already verify this :)
I already have almost all betas on my SD since i use multiple nintendont loader dols, often different per game. For FPS on GC i stuck to beta 5 which was based on r2.170 cause it was way faster and smoother. Now i am only using a different beta other than 5 for Nightfire and CoD 2 due to nintendont 2.170 not yet working with those at the time of that version (2.170). They have been fixed since then, so if a new beta with the beta's 5 IR came along, i'd use that for ALL GC FPS, Die Hard included.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can already verify this :)
I already have almost all betas on my SD since i use multiple nintendont loader dols, often different per game. For FPS on GC i stuck to beta 5 which was based on r2.170 cause it was way faster and smoother. Now i am only using a different beta other than 5 for Nightfire and CoD 2 due to nintendont 2.170 not yet working with those at the time of that version (2.170). They have been fixed since then, so if a new beta with the beta's 5 IR came along, i'd use that for ALL GC FPS, Die Hard included.
Just loaded boot dols directly from my sent email

Beta 5 displays 2.167
Beta 6 displays 2.170
Beta 7 displays 2.171

So I am assuming your asking about beta 6
beta 6 had problems trying to look directly forward. because it was skipping over all the values that allow it to.

nakata6790

True Player
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know the technical details man, but as a player and as far as i am concerned, FPS gameplay using the beta based on 2.170 has perfect IR and works absolutely great .

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those who donated should have recieved

Nintendont Nunchuck Beta 15

Based on 2.216

Primarily looking for feedback on x axis IR comparing the 2 configurations.

All configurations can now be used with IR
IR defaults to off in all configurations.
You can enable IR in any configuration by:

press button_2 (puts in config mode and turns IR off)
press config button (selects the desired config) (skip this step for the default)
release the config button (keep holding button_2)
press button_Z (turns IR on or off for the just selected config. If the wiimotes is pointed at the screen you can see IR toggle on and off if the screen accepts cStick input. )
release button_Z
release button_2 (ends configuration)

Added a way to switch between 2 diffirent IR x axis settings. This will be removed before release. While in config mode after selecting IR on press the A button to to toggle the alternate configuration. The alternate is currently set as it was in beta 5 for comparisons.

The previous FPS using IR as cStick configuration has been replaced at least temporarily with

Troopage config
A=A
C not pressed +=X -=B Z=L B=R Dpad=cStick
C pressed +=Y -=Z Z=1/2L B=1/2R Dpad=Standard

The old config was just the default with IR enabled. so it hasnt gone away. It just has a new way to access it.

For those that wanted naggers IR config without nunchuck tilt tied to analog triggers. You can now select naggers config and the enable IR

Seismonaut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
so 2 is the new config button?
that means 2 + dpad right = naggers and so on?
also, is the "fps2" setting (previously minus+2) now on 1 (2+1) or didn't I understand that right?
can't test it right now, will do so in the evening.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so 2 is the new config button?
that means 2 + dpad right = naggers and so on?

correct

also, is the "fps2" setting (previously minus+2) now on 1 (2+1) or didn't I understand that right?

That config is now on (2 + 1 + Z)
Any config you want to add IR aiming to add Z

(2) = Howards general config
(2 + Left) = AbdallahTerro general config
(2 + right) = naggers
(2 + up) = racing games that use AnalogR and AnalogL for gas and break
(2 + down) = racing games that require A held for gas
(2 + minus) = Troopage config
(2 + one) = naggers + nuncuuck tilt tied to triggers

add (Z) to any of the above to enable IR
add (z + A) to any of the above to enable test IR

Reactions: Troopage

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
correct

That config is now on (2 + 1 + Z)
Any config you want to add IR aiming to add Z

(2) = Howards general config
(2 + Left) = AbdallahTerro general config
(2 + right) = naggers
(2 + up) = racing games that use AnalogR and AnalogL for gas and break
(2 + down) = racing games that require A held for gas
(2 + minus) = Troopage config
(2 + one) = naggers + nuncuuck tilt tied to triggers

add (Z) to any of the above to enable IR
add (z + A) to any of the above to enable test IR

So is pause home now or only on my config? I need to know to I can update the graphics and stuff.

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is pause home now or only on my config? I need to know to I can update the graphics and stuff.
The button on the gamecube controller is labled start/pause. The graphics should be labeled start or start/pause not just pause.

WM_BUTTON_ONE = start/pause
WM_BUTTON_TWO = change configuration
WM_BUTTON HOME = exit

These buttons are the same on all wiimote + nunchuck configurations

Troopage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The button on the gamecube controller is labled start/pause. The graphics should be labeled start or start/pause not just pause.

WM_BUTTON_ONE = start/pause
WM_BUTTON_TWO = change configuration
WM_BUTTON HOME = exit

These buttons are the same on all wiimote + nunchuck configurations

Okay, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1