Hacking Nintendo went to 4.4.0-10 Last night... R4i 3DS does not work...

Talfuchre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My son got on his 3DSXL this morning and updates to get to the e-shop after I set up his brand new R41-3DS last night - and - of course this morning it locked him out.

Bastids! When will the patch be ready?!?!?! ;)

Kidding.

Oh well - good luck patching this one boys - we love ya! ;)

TF

Talfuchre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Dinoh - I will likely lock him out of that - he already has 800 things on his wish list! ;)

It is this one:

http://www.r4ids.cn/

...and I knew I needed to update it using a Lite - thanks though. I keep two lites for this reason alone! ;)

TF

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks Dinoh - I will likely lock him out of that - he already has 800 things on his wish list! ;)

It is this one:

...and I knew I needed to update it using a Lite - thanks though. I keep two lites for this reason alone! ;)

TF

ah that good
the card update will today for that card
R4ids.cn team are one of the fastest alongside Supercard team

smart move on keeping a Lite around

just make sure in future you say your cards a R4i Gold from r4ids.cn team next time
causes alot less confusion, so many dam cards these days

Blacky12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

It is this one:

TF

ah that good

just make sure in future you say your cards a R4i Gold from r4ids.cn team next time

Ahhh, quick question as this thread made me confused about something...

I updated to 4.4.0 on my 3ds without thinking and sure enough it blocked the card, but reading around i stumbled onto this and i just wanted to check. I have a r4i 3ds card from http://www.r4ids.cn as well and i've had it for a while, but i've never needed a dslite to update it, its always just been a case of "unzip woodr4 onto card". The only reason i ask is cause 1.52 woodr4 came out shortly after 4.4.0, so im curious to know if 1.52 was supposed to fix 4.4.0 (i dont believe it is) and i need a dslite to update my card or whether it was just coincidence that 1.52 came out shortly after 4.4.0?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

It is this one:

TF

ah that good

I updated to 4.4.0 on my 3ds without thinking and sure enough it blocked the card, but reading around i stumbled onto this and i just wanted to check. I have a r4i 3ds card from http://www.r4ids.cn as well and i've had it for a while, but i've never needed a dslite to update it, its always just been a case of "unzip woodr4 onto card". The only reason i ask is cause 1.52 woodr4 came out shortly after 4.4.0, so im curious to know if 1.52 was supposed to fix 4.4.0 (i dont believe it is) and i need a dslite to update my card or whether it was just coincidence that 1.52 came out shortly after 4.4.0?

Wood is a Kernel that fixes Game Compatibilty

Firmware is what is needed to be updated to play on firmware updates

you may have been lucky as some previous r4ids.cn cards servived the last updates as the did not block the card using the "Dosaru" game that some of the carts used

you do not need a DSLite to update the card, you just need a console that the card can load on to boot the .nds update file
the reason people suggest using a DSLite (or a DS Phat) is because that consoles firmware cannot be updated so the card will always load up the flashcard

Blacky12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

you may have been lucky as some previous r4ids.cn cards servived the last updates as the did not block the card using the "Dosaru" game that some of the carts used

you do not need a DSLite to update the card, you just need a console that the card can load on to boot the .nds update file
the reason people suggest using a DSLite (or a DS Phat) is because that consoles firmware cannot be updated so the card will always load up the flashcard

Oh I c, i guess i miss-understood how the r4i card from r4ids.cn works in that case. So presumably when the wood r4 update comes out supporting 4.4.0, im going to have to get my hands on something like a dslite to update the card itself?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Oh I c, i guess i miss-understood how the r4i card from r4ids.cn works in that case. So presumably when the wood r4 update comes out supporting 4.4.0, im going to have to get my hands on something like a dslite to update the card itself?

Wood has nothing to do with if it works on the console or not
Wood is purely a kernel, which onyl affects is games load

Firmware is produced by the flashcard team creators

r4ids.cn team is normally fast so keep an eye out for an update

but you will need an older console to update the card with the update because if you are using a 3ds with 4.4.0-10 the card will not load so you cant run the update .nds file

Blacky12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

but you will need an older console to update the card with the update because if you are using a 3ds with 4.4.0-10 the card will not load so you cant run the update .nds file

OH RIGHT, now i get it. Mine doesnt actually use dosaru, but mine is still showing the icon for the card in the menu when i insert it (just crashes when i try to run it). Thankfully i have a friend with a dsi or dslite (not sure which) and the card still works ok in that one.

Thanks for the explanation, didnt realise i'd mis-interpretted how they work so badly.

Blacky12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Actually that does prompt another question... my card does still appear in the 3ds when i insert it:
IMG_20120921_075612.jpg

But fails when i open it:
IMG_20120921_075624.jpg

I mean obviously its got issues, but does this mean its still the card firmware or the kernel thats failing in that case? From what i've read when the card is blocked, you dont even get the icon in the launcher thingo when you insert the card. Just curious more then anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, only @BakerMan is as young as me