megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is new but here goes anyway

QUOTE said:
Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto has said his team is working on a new Mario title featuring "traditional" gameplay.

Nintendo had previously stated that new Zelda and Pikmin games were in development, but failed to mention the mascot plumber.

"Making these 'traditional' games is what I am best at," Miyamoto told The Telegraph. "Because games of that nature take upwards of two or three years to make, we always have to keep the teams working on those projects going.

"They are all working on more Mario, Zelda and Pikmin projects. And they all work in close proximity to me, so I can keep a good eye on them."

Miyamoto, who began his career working as an artist for Nintendo in 1977, is responsible for many of the firm's most influential titles, including Donkey Kong, Zelda, Star Fox, Pikmin and Mario.

He also worked as a supervisor on Nintendo hits Metroid Prime and Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games.

Source: Digital Spy

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
New Super Mario Bros. 2?
toot.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Strangely, there are zero new games with Mario as a playable character scheduled between now and the end of 2008. Not counting ports/remakes/etc.

Mario Super Sluggers doesn't count as it's already out in Japan.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If a title like the current Wii version of Warioland would appear I would be totally satisfied. I guess they could either take the 8bit/16bit approach, that would be awesome. But if they did it more in the same cartoony Wario style I wouldn't mind.

It's a funny thing but I guess most Nintendo fans would rather have a mario platformer in the old fashioned 8bit or 16bit style than a full 3d adventure game like Super Mario Galaxy.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lies!!!! all lies!! because you know nintendo has abandoned and hates all h4rdc0r3 g4y-m3r5. like this is total bs they only wanna make waggle mini games now!

Ninty's been hinting this since before E3 i believe.

megabug7

Forum Relic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
If a title like the current Wii version of Warioland would appear I would be totally satisfied. I guess they could either take the 8bit/16bit approach, that would be awesome. But if they did it more in the same cartoony Wario style I wouldn't mind.

It's a funny thing but I guess most Nintendo fans would rather have a mario platformer in the old fashioned 8bit or 16bit style than a full 3d adventure game like Super Mario Galaxy.

Imagine Super Mario World style except quadruple the size.

I miss old skool Mario (SMB3/SMW)

NSMB was OK, but didn't capture the speed element of older Mario games. Give me the Cape or Racoon any day.

mini-frizz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
'"Making these 'traditional' games is what I am best at," Miyamoto told The Telegraph. "Because games of that nature take upwards of two or three years to make, we always have to keep the teams working on those projects going. '

Clearly the article indicates a longer timeframe has been given for this game, one that would indicate a 3d mario platformer more than anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.