Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pack pricing information revealed

n so.png

After the existence of a new tier for Nintendo Switch Online was revealed during the previous Nintendo Direct, new information regarding the service was announced today. Nintendo Switch Online's Expansion Pack, which includes Nintendo 64 and SEGA Genesis games, along with the newly-announced paid DLC for Animal Crossing New Horizons, will be included in the plan, which will cost players $49.99 for a year's worth of membership--almost on par with the cost of Xbox Game Pass or PlayStation Plus per year. That's also more than double the price compared to the original cost of NSO's base tier plan, which is currently $19.99. If you want a yearly family membership of the Expansion Pack, you can expect to pay $79.99. Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack launches October 25th.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lol spend that $50 dollars on a pi or something, atleast it will always be there.
I actually already dropped some cash on a Pi4 8GB. But I still wish Nintendo wasn't like this, they've become the very thing they swore to destroy.

Reactions: crea

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$50 a year

that is fucking $30 extra per year

fucking 2.5 times the price

just to add N64 and Genesis games

to Switch Online

jesus h fucking christ alive, Nintendo

are you completely fucking deranged lunatics

Reactions: 64bitmodels

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
not sure why it includes animal crossing dlc, I'll probably not pay for it all the time.
can you buy like a month of expansion pack at a time?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really should've reserved mine, holy shit
$50 a year

that is fucking $30 extra per year

fucking 2.5 times the price

just to add N64 and Genesis games

to Switch Online

jesus h fucking christ alive, Nintendo

are you completely fucking deranged lunatics

to be fair, why would they not ask the price they know tons of people will pay? that'd be stupid and crazy.

adamsef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Glad I’ve got a modded switch..
Metroid a week before the sheep give there money to Nintendo.. etc etc

I’m sure I will have these n64 games soon and some clever cool nerd will figure out how to inject all the great n64 games into the roms etc

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I’m sure I will have these n64 games soon and some clever cool nerd will figure out how to inject all the great n64 games into the roms etc
I have a modded Switch, but has anybody even figured out how to do this for the NES and SNES Online games?

• Sad
Reactions: DarkAkuma

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
USD$80 yearly. That's $6.66 monthly. Looks devilish enough.

Anyway, I don't really see a problem here. Gaming is a luxury, and USD$6.66 isn't exactly that much. Get a half time job at McDonald's and you get the yearly amount in a week of work.
Gaming is a luxury, but Nintendo is like a Prius. Nothing luxurious about it, and aside from niche features it's generally a waste of money.

linkchidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Well, Metroid it´s an excelent game so its reasonable to pay for it. This is not a fair price though.

Reactions: adamsef

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gaming is a luxury, but Nintendo is like a Prius. Nothing luxurious about it, and aside from niche features it's generally a waste of money.
Whatever you like, it's alright.

If you like NIntendo, USD$80 isn't a problem. I see a lot of people paying this just because of N64 games.

If you don't like them and prefer to pay Xbox or Playstation online services, that's great too. Microsoft has a lot of value with Game Pass, actually.

For example, I think paying for watching sports (streamed event or going to the stadium) is a waste of money, but I respect that others may like it.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Whatever you like, it's alright.

If you like NIntendo, USD$80 isn't a problem. I see a lot of people paying this just because of N64 games.

If you don't like them and prefer to pay Xbox or Playstation online services, that's great too. Microsoft has a lot of value with Game Pass, actually.
I like Nintendo, but I don't agree with their actions being the norm. Of course, I'm just one guy lost in a pool of hundreds of millions gamers. When the NSO was first announced, I was alright with it. $20 a year for online play, and access to TWO retro libraries? NICE! Now, they jack up the price (which is to be expected), but include a feature I couldn't care less about. That being Animal Crossing. If they made that an option, and instead introduced a third tier that sits in the middle? I'd gladly pay for that one, just to have the N64 and Genesis libraries. Also, when are they going to use this money to give us better servers? I like playing Mario Maker online, but it's unbearable in the VS modes.

Granted, the highly preferred method of retro gaming on the Switch would be them just having a catalog of retro titles that I can purchase. The Virtual Console program was great! I wish that it was still an option.

Between this and the OLED Switch, I honestly feel like Nintendo isn't putting the same amount of thought and care into the programs and hardware as they used to and are going to fall behind when the "Nintendo Effect" inevitably wears off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-