Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried playing smash ultimate online but got error code 2124-2168 after clicking online from the main menu. I get an error code trying to play other games online too. But I'm able to go to the eshop and download updates too. Am I banned?
I mean if you can go on the eShop and download updates, you don't fit the criteria for being banned. Not to mention I have never seen this error code before meaning its not the usual ban error codes such as 2124-4007 or 2124-4058. Maybe its due to Smash's servers?

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I thought, I've always heard bans now stop you from getting updates too. just tried to connect to mario kart online and got the error code too. downloading tetris 99 to see if online works. The games I tried online were nsp files, not sure if that has anything to do with the online not working

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I mean if you can go on the eShop and download updates, you don't fit the criteria for being banned. Not to mention I have never seen this error code before meaning its not the usual ban error codes such as 2124-4007 or 2124-4058. Maybe its due to Smash's servers?

So tetris 99 worked online. I wonder why those nsp games aren't working

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what I thought, I've always heard bans now stop you from getting updates too. just tried to connect to mario kart online and got the error code too. downloading tetris 99 to see if online works. The games I tried online were nsp files, not sure if that has anything to do with the online not working

So tetris 99 worked online. I wonder why those nsp games aren't working
Backups of .NSP files that you don't own and have to purchase cannot go online. They need a valid ticket which can only be acquired by buying the game from the eShop. Free games are easy to get valid tickets for because they are free but you cannot get a valid ticket for a paid game without purchasing it.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MajorPataponn if you restore the nand you shouldn't be worried about anything and you can do whaever you want before that, ofc if it was the last state nintendo saw online because they check some logs and other info.
I restored my NAND but still got banned ONLY from Splatoon. Everything else works fine. Just make sure ur offline when booting into CFW.

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Ban? N
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.1 only offline
Non-TX Layered FS Used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Backups updated? OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? No homebrew used just Hekate and clear logs
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Both Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? 5.1.0
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
Can you update your system firmware? Probably Y

Console/Account Region(s): EU
Trimmed .XCI? Y

Additional Comments

Also blocking HTTPS addresses within my router:
*.sun.hac.lp1.d4c.nintendo.net
*.beach.hac.lp1.eshop.nintendo.net
*.receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net
*.receive-lp1.er.srv.nintendo.net
*.google-analytics.com
*.googletagmanager.com

Still not banned since jul 27, 2018 using SX OS. Now i'm using sx os emunand since it was available.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have there been any cases ? Or have people done it and not get banned ?
Yes, people have been banned for using Checkpoint. Specifically, it has been games that have a strong online component such as Splatoon or Smash. If the game you are using Checkpoint with doesn't have a strong online component, the risk is not nearly as great but still exists nonetheless.

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, I don't know how useful this is going to be, but a couple of month ago I went from running CFW to going clean by downgrading by restoring a clean backup before updating to the latest firmware. I haven't been banned, so far, though I did little more than using a few homebrew apps and installing NSP files while offline.

Banned? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? N
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y - Only the time required to set custom DNS to stop communications with Nintendo servers
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y - Checkpoint, Edizon, Tinfoil, Goldleaf, NX-Shell, Retroarch
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y - Retroarch
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? N
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y - However I'm not sure about the answer while I used ReiNX
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) EU
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Computer, NS-Atmosphere dongle
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y - Also used pins 1 & 10
Additional Comments: As far as I remember on one occasione I've played in local wireless with a non-modded Switch, both running the game from cartridges. Until January I used ReiNX, then Atmosphere.

Reactions: Draxzelex

Ferras2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, sorry for bad English.

I have one small question:
-My Switch has been offline for 6 months and before today I had never run any CFW.
-I purchased a RCMloader and my intention is to use Emunand offline (SXOS) and sysnand ofw online.
-In backup clean sysnand process, due to inexperience I ended up booting into sysnand using the atmosphere and reiNX (once each, both offline) before booth into Hekate CTCaer. After that I decided to reset the switch (factory reset via normal switch menu) before actually doing the sysnand backup and creating the emuand.

My question is, am I free from Ban risk?

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Lordsble I always do this:
1->Set my switch on airplane mode and erase every network that was saved.
2->Shutdown my switch
3->Backup my nand
4->Run CFW, homebrew and NSP's
5->Restore the last backup
6->Go online
7->Repeat

I never go online with CFW or NSP's installed, those are big red flags for a ban.

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lordsble I always do this:
1->Set my switch on airplane mode and erase every network that was saved.
2->Shutdown my switch
3->Backup my nand
4->Run CFW, homebrew and NSP's
5->Restore the last backup
6->Go online
7->Repeat

I never go online with CFW or NSP's installed, those are big red flags for a ban.
Yeah that's a save method. I did everything listed except going on airplane mode which was dumb on my part. All I did was go into the Switch App Store, which seems to be able to get you banned.

At this point, I wouldn't even bother hacking the switch if you care about online features until the rumored switch pro gets revealed. Being banned would be a good excuse to pick one up tho.

hipmp5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Ah one note: don't start original fw from hekate or any rcm method, always boot from stock booting method because we are not sure if they can detect if the console started from RCM.

Reactions: Stardust3033

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, sorry for bad English.

I have one small question:
-My Switch has been offline for 6 months and before today I had never run any CFW.
-I purchased a RCMloader and my intention is to use Emunand offline (SXOS) and sysnand ofw online.
-In backup clean sysnand process, due to inexperience I ended up booting into sysnand using the atmosphere and reiNX (once each, both offline) before booth into Hekate CTCaer. After that I decided to reset the switch (factory reset via normal switch menu) before actually doing the sysnand backup and creating the emuand.

My question is, am I free from Ban risk?
If you still haven't gone online I would say just reflash your backup and try again, DO NOT go online until you successfully do it.
Also make sure you were never online after you made the backup as that's a big red flag for you i.e. error reports disappearing, play time changed, etc.

If you just want emulation I suggest running a Linux distro like Lakka which should be safe

Reactions: Ferras2

Ferras2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you still haven't gone online I would say just reflash your backup and try again, DO NOT go online until you successfully do it.
Also make sure you were never online after you made the backup as that's a big red flag for you i.e. error reports disappearing, play time changed, etc.

If you just want emulation I suggest running a Linux distro like Lakka which should be safe
I think I expressed myself wrong (or I understood you wrong).

I would do a clean backup first of all, however I ended up getting into sysnand with the atmosphere (offline), immediately shut down the switch, turned it back on the normal mode sysnand, reset factory the switch (always offline) and now I will backup the sysnand before starting the process of creating emunand.

Should I be safe or do I need to do something else?
Or is there nothing to do, just pray?

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I expressed myself wrong (or I understood you wrong).

I would do a clean backup first of all, however I ended up getting into sysnand with the atmosphere (offline), immediately shut down the switch, turned it back on the normal mode sysnand, reset factory the switch (always offline) and now I will backup the sysnand before starting the process of creating emunand.

Should I be safe or do I need to do something else?
Or is there nothing to do, just pray?
Factory reset doesn't protect you sadly as the information afaik is still stored somewhere and will be sent when you go online, the only solution is to reflash your NAND again prior to going online and this time not load CFW, if you've gone online since the factory reset then all you can do is pray they spare you.
Though you may get lucky and fly under the radar but that wouldn't be a chance I'd take if you only have one switch.

edit:
Making a nand backup after you've booted into a CFW even once is unsafe and means it's tainted and not clean, this is why you're supposed to make the backup before you do absolutely anything.

Last edited by Shikkichu, , Reason: Adding more information

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)