Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Nothing is shared between EmuNAND and SysNAND unless you're implying SX's implementation of EmuNAND is sloppy which I highly doubt as users have been running it for months without issue. Also there is no difference between an illegally downloaded game and a legally downloaded one except for .NSP files which have fake tickets. But fake tickets aren't shared between EmuNAND and SysNAND as they are stored in the eMMC SYS partition which both SysNAND and EmuNAND have their own.

angelo_ likes this.
  2. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    Both the sysnand and emunand are connected to the firmware, by the way. Even if you have a clean sysnand, run any illegally downloaded games on cfw and go online with clean sysnand, its the ban hammer for you.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No the firmware in the switch records all games played.

3. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    They aren't connected by the firmware. SysNAND and EmuNAND can be on completely different firmware versions. That is one of the points of EmuNAND; being a completely separate entity from SysNAND.

4. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    I dont mean firmware versions, there is still a firmware on the switchs hardware itself that record all games played

They are still both on the same switch, therefore they are connected to the switches firmware that is on the hardware

5. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Either you don't know what a firmware is or you have popped one too many pills.

DarknessPlay3r and Pola92 like this.
  6. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    The switch itself records all games playe- you know what, just take coding classes

Firmware is a permanent software in the memory

Of the system

Therefore firmware recotds eveything including games or applications ran on the system

7. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Tell you what, post a new thread showcasing your idea and I'll give you 5 seconds before you become the next laughingstock of GBATemp. Also multi-posting means you aren't good at forming coherent thoughts which adds to the brain damage that I think you are suffering from.

DarknessPlay3r likes this.
  8. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    This explains the bans given topeople that had clean online sysnands and dirty emunands

Excuse me!

Just search firmware.

9. Phenjoto
    This message by Phenjoto has been removed from public view by Joe88, May 5, 2019, Reason: Off topic / double post.
    May 5, 2019
  10. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    Okay humor me this...

Back on the 3ds with emunand (same style emunand as SXOS) people weren't getting banned from illegal backups, as nothing transferred through firmware.

Why does the switch do it if it is the same?

In other words, the firmware acts as a man in the middle for software and hardware.
    This, in turn, means when we boot custom firmware with emunand the custom code we have overrides the default one.
    Any thing done on the emunand can't be seen by the official firmware.

also those people who were banned after restoring a clean backup after cfw would have gone online, then gone back to cfw then back to clean again using their old backup which would be out of date. nintendo would be able to tell because the first time it was restored and went online it sent new logs which the old backup doesn't have

Last edited by Adran_Marit, May 5, 2019
  11. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    there is only one firmware on the switchs hardware itself

12. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Oct 3, 2015
    Australia
    42*South
    I suggest you educate yourself on the hacking scene and how CFW/HFW/OFW work and what exactly they do (patch/replace official firmware)

13. a2a

a2a Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    OK, I’ll bite, let’s see what you’ve got.

You have some examples of logs pulled from the system showing this?

Please do show us how the firmware records what you play, “even on emunand” and then reports it to Nintendo.

14. Phenjoto

Phenjoto Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    Indonesia
    I said that my dad said this

15. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    As a general statement or was he specifically referring to the Switch? Either way, Dad saying it is not proof of anything because your dad is a human being like the rest of us unless you're going to tell me he works for Nintendo or something.

16. a2a

a2a Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2017
    Aaaaaaand we're done here. Thanks!

Back on topic, bans or lack of and how you are configured!

17. datnodude

datnodude Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2018
    United States
    I dunno man, i've been running emunand via sxos for a few months, havent ran into any problems.

18. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    ...Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? Because I pretty much stated EmuNAND is safe based on how it works while the other user was disagreeing because his father told him the "firmware" of any device records everything whether its EmuNAND or SysNAND which is obviously false.

19. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    do you guys think that nintendo will check what inside your sd card ? i had an switch using sx os and use emunand create from clean sysnand right from the start. Emunand is hidden in the sd card, but xci isn't. I always be extra careful that i take out the sd card when i go online, but do you think is necessary?

20. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Theoretically, Nintendo could scan the sd card but if they would rn, we had more bans. Especially from SX OS users.

21. silent_eve

silent_eve Newbie

Newcomer
    May 9, 2019
    Canada
    Do you restore your backup nand every time you go online?