Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch hasn't banned so I went ahead to fill the report for 2nd Switch.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? N/A

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N/A
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N/A
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N/A
Trimmed .XCI? No
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N/A
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Did you ever use ReiNX? No
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Yes - vanilla Atmosphere and Kosmos
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? No
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Yes
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Never
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Yes
Console/Account Region(s)? North America
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Windows 10 on PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? No
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

I use CFW for homebrew only to backup and restore the save, also edit the saves - all are done by 100% offline (internet setting deleted) with creport enabled, obviously.

No FTP uses either, I just swap the SD card and remove the CFW info on SD after use and store on my computer.

There is update - just same, no console ban at all but I got game ban only for Super Smash Bros for use other's save.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-swi...0-completed-saves.508661/page-21#post-8480812

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    849.8 KB · Views: 1,269
Reactions: Draxzelex

Ihavean11.03ds...

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys I'm on Nintendo switch 6.2.0 using reinx and I installed a game via goldleaf and right when I got to trying to open it I got disabled from Nintendo services ;-; how screwed am i?

Ihavean11.03ds...

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got that error code that says you can't use online services but now I got error code 2155-8007

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Now my switch won't turn on lmAo

XorTroll

Switching between my 2DS and my Switch
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Reactions: NoNAND
D

Deleted User

i think just not introducing internet config is enough since nintendo cant track you offline

thats why i dont have switch online service

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think just not introducing internet config is enough since nintendo cant track you offline

thats why i dont have switch online service
No but its like a self-imposed ban that just delays the inevitable. Once you connect back online, unless you flash a clean NAND, you're going to flag yourself.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Then I think I might not restore the NAND as it still has the risk of getting banned. Thx 4 solving my question. I will just go online with my current NAND as I'm not modding it too much.
You can generate an almost brand new NAND with ChoiDujour that in theory will be clean. But it might differ from a factory NAND in ways that could still be detectable, we don't really know. Even just having blank log files could be enough.

cainan__c

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really sure how much this'll add but last night I did use CFW.
Things to mention (In Order of what was done):
Cleared Wifi and went into Flight mode in Stock FW
a NAND backup was made before using Atmosphere
Homebrew launcher was used over Minecraft Console Edition
Restored NAND Backup
Went online to play some Smash Ultimate

So far absolutely nothing has happened but I doubt anything will because my NAND is technically clean.

Last edited by cainan__c,

SgtP3pp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should honestly get a second console. You don't even need the entire thing. Just get the tablet by itself and for used on eBay; they're really cheap.
Ok, so this is probably not the place to ask this but I looked through some of the relevant threads but I cant seem to find an updated response.
I got my switch back in June 2018. I use SX OS, but before applying anything I used Hekate to make a clean backup. Used my switch in airplane mode with no internet settings for 6 months with no problems. Then at the beginning of this month, I really wanted to buy Splatoon 2 and try the nintendo online. So i backed up my save files with checkpoint, and then restored the clean backup. I then updated to the latest firmware at the time (6.2 i think), and used Hekate to make a new backup. After that, I used SX OS to create an emunand in a hidden partition within the sd card (as per the description from TX), and installed SX OS on the emunand. Since then, I have been using the 'clean' sysnand only for officially bought games, and keeping the emunand in airplane mode, with no internet settings like before. I have been playing Splatoon 2 since then pretty much regularly without issue on the clean sysnand. It literally feels as if I have 2 switches. For example, I have a third party controller, and if I use it on the emunand, and then want to use it on the sysnand, i have to resync it as if it were a different switch. To avoid confusion, and accidentally going online in the emunand, i put the white theme on the clean sysnand, and the dark theme on the SX OS emunand.
My question:
How likely am I to be banned in this scenario?

It feels like im covering all my bases, but is there a likely way that Nintendo could ban me?

Reactions: Mythical

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so this is probably not the place to ask this but I looked through some of the relevant threads but I cant seem to find an updated response.
I got my switch back in June 2018. I use SX OS, but before applying anything I used Hekate to make a clean backup. Used my switch in airplane mode with no internet settings for 6 months with no problems. Then at the beginning of this month, I really wanted to buy Splatoon 2 and try the nintendo online. So i backed up my save files with checkpoint, and then restored the clean backup. I then updated to the latest firmware at the time (6.2 i think), and used Hekate to make a new backup. After that, I used SX OS to create an emunand in a hidden partition within the sd card (as per the description from TX), and installed SX OS on the emunand. Since then, I have been using the 'clean' sysnand only for officially bought games, and keeping the emunand in airplane mode, with no internet settings like before. I have been playing Splatoon 2 since then pretty much regularly without issue on the clean sysnand. It literally feels as if I have 2 switches. For example, I have a third party controller, and if I use it on the emunand, and then want to use it on the sysnand, i have to resync it as if it were a different switch. To avoid confusion, and accidentally going online in the emunand, i put the white theme on the clean sysnand, and the dark theme on the SX OS emunand.
My question:
How likely am I to be banned in this scenario?

It feels like im covering all my bases, but is there a likely way that Nintendo could ban me?
I'd say less than 1%. To put it in other words, I would be surprised if you were banned.

mikechris33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you know that you're banned?
Go to the Shop with internet on, if a message that says "Your console has been restricted form using Nintendo's online service" or something along those lines then you are banned. If you are able to access the eShop you are not banned.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meant to report on this earlier but got sidetracked by questions.

Many of you may have noticed or seen this scattered throughout the forum, but it seems that people are receiving game-specific bans meaning they are being banned from playing a single game online. Full details have been added to the OP under "Different Types of Switch Bans". To keep it short, a temporary ban applied to Splatoon players for repeatedly crouching is now being used on hackers, notably Splatoon and Smash, for simply touching their save files (not necessarily editing them) as a permanent ban.

Reactions: JeepX87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7