Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Sumandora

Sumandora GBAtemp Regular

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    Does custom themes ban when I go online?

does it ban or not

know thats a pretty standard question
    but i thought i heard that

Last edited by Quantumcat, Feb 2, 2019
  2. F4mouZSt4r

F4mouZSt4r Member

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2018
    Germany
    You need CFW for custom themes, so yes

yusuo likes this.
  3. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    Anything with cfw has the potential to earn you a ban, if you play it safe you negate the chances but there is still a chance.

For example, I only connect my WiFi on ofw and turn it off when going into cfw and I haven't been banned yet

Benihipe likes this.
  4. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    So i think u mean that it dont ban. (with dont i always mean is not easy detectable for Nintendo?)

5. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I never said that, I said if you don't go online with the custom theme you might be ok, but it will always only be a might.

Can't say if it detectable, can only say I've never had an issue but I might just of been really lucky

Last edited by yusuo, Feb 2, 2019
  6. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    ok

7. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Yeah i'ts not the theme you should be worried about its the usage of CFW while being online since the theme itself wont work without it. Thats why ppl use 90DNS or the sxos stealth mode to cut off any Nintendo service activity. No one has ever reported a ban from themes here.

Sumandora likes this.
  8. Sumandora

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    cool thank you for this answer

9. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    I messed around with themes a bit when they were new, I was even online (like I usually am with CFW) while using them and haven't been banned.

Sumandora likes this.
  10. Dissaor

Dissaor Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Report: I used 6.2 sysnand and now on 7.0 sysnad, online MK8 and SSMBU, 6.2 emunand, no ban.

sergux likes this.
  11. sergux

sergux Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2018
    Afghanistan
    can u boot OFW using autorcm?

12. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No he cannot. There is no bootloader that supports booting 7.0, CFW or OFW. The only way to boot 7.0 is currently with the stock bootloader meaning you must burn fuses.

sergux likes this.
  13. Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Hey there, if there is no Nintendo Account logged in, then a BAN would only hit the console right?
    Does the Usage of 90DNS still allows updating? Or is a Nintendo-Account needed for that?

Onlineplay with others would only work if i have an onlineaccount + no 90DNs right?

Edit: This would be the only question which i have - as the others are kinda answered in the OP :-)

Did somebody got banned while using an Online-Family Account? Did the whole Family Account got locked in a case of BAN?

Last edited by Seelbreaker, Feb 5, 2019
  14. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    A Nintendo Account is needed if you want to play a game online, launch certain applications, or display your playtime. It is not needed for updating your system/games.

90DNS simulates a ban apart from allowing safe usage of FTP and simulated LAN play which is why its not posed as a question. Using 90DNS is basically like not having Wi-Fi settings.

As for your last question, this can be broadened to apply to people who use the same account but on multiple consoles both hacked and unhacked to which I say no bans have been reported. Although there was one case where a user reported his unhacked console was banned for using the same account from his banned console but that was just a single case and the user didn't submit a full report so take it with a grain of salt.

Seelbreaker likes this.
  15. B0n0

B0n0 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2019
    Spain
    Quick question, XCIs base have the same level of safety than X Is custom (with updates injected) and XCI trimmed?

16. Vollstrecker

Vollstrecker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 29, 2009
    Gambia, The
    How do Nintendo identify banned Switchs? It is possible to spoof a different id?

17. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If emulated properly, an untrimmed and trimmed .XCI file should have the same level of detectability. I heard SX OS may not emulate trimmed .XCI files as well as untrimmed but the data doesn't really suggest that. Plus if they know your game is trimmed, then they already know you're playing a .XCI file in an abnormal fashion. Custom .XCI files also are as safe as normal .XCI files as some .XCI files have updates embedded in them.

Consoles have a unique certificate burned into themselves at the factory. They are also encrypted with a 2,048 character key that would take around the heat death of the universe to crack.

18. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Quick update here... Only XCI not banned since September last year :P

19. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    XCI's wont ever get you banned unless you try to play online with them via cert check.

huma_dawii likes this.
  20. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Addict

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Well that's what I'm trying to prove. And so far it seems the safest way to not get banned is and will always be XCI.

MasterJ360 likes this.