Nintendo Releases New Wii Firmware

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Now we have two Threads tro talk about...

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143026&st=60

rolleyes.gif
...Anyways, WiiBrew says:
QUOTE said:
Affected
Twilight Hack 0.1beta2
DVDx
The Homebrew Channel (new install AND already installed)
I would wait, or go to WiiBrew if you have questions...for me it's a little Double-Bind, but I think I'll stay on 3.2E as long as possible, waiting for a cSM...hope one comes soon..
unsure.gif

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
The Teej said:
I can also confirm that The Homebrew Channel works on the SD Card menu, which is great for all of our users running homebrew.

So, how this works?

And, BTW, if you already have some games installed on the Wii Flash Memory, how do you transfer them to the SD card? What extension do they have?

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Zaiga said:
One day, the Wii will be in system version 5.0 or something and all of the people with homebrew will still be stuck at 3.2..

lol.. I doubt it.. one week at max and we'll have a custom 4.0 firmware that enables Twilight Hack and all that crap again
tongue.gif

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Gamer said:
The Teej said:
I can also confirm that The Homebrew Channel works on the SD Card menu, which is great for all of our users running homebrew.

So, how this works?

And, BTW, if you already have some games installed on the Wii Flash Memory, how do you transfer them to the SD card? What extension do they have?

You just use the in-built memory explorer in the Wii.

pkbelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wiibrew.org reports that system menu 4.0 affects the TwiHack and HBC (new install). I understand that as long as you've got it installed already, you should be fine since you won't need the TwiHack again.
The main issue is WAD manager , for which there was a workaround with 3.6, let's hope for a workaround with 4.0!

Oh and anybody knows whether 4.0 disables the WAD manager channel?

polle123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
one day... we WILL run out of exploits... I see every block as a step closer to the end...
but for now... this will prob be hacked in a few days

What is affected
Affected Effect Workaround
Twilight Hack 0.1beta2 Can no longer be copied from the SD card. None yet
DVDx None yet
The Homebrew Channel (new install) None yet
What is NOT affected
The Homebrew Channel (previous install)
DVDx (previous install)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! And about time.

Don't know about the folks using the Twilight hack, etc., but for someone like myself who likes to purchase a bunch of games from the Wii Shop Channel, this is a great update.

pkbelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Right, Wiibrew.org reports that the Twilight hack can no longer be copied from an SD card, so if you're gonna update, make sure you install HBC first!

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Zaiga said:
One day, the Wii will be in system version 5.0 or something and all of the people with homebrew will still be stuck at 3.2..

Technically nobody was stuck at 3.2 until now, we still have all the latest IOS's in installed and can run each and every game out there, even the 002 error was fixed.
We're just using 3.2 for safety reasons.
Being STUCK on 3.2 would mean not having all the latest drivers and the ability to play the newest games, which we all have.

As I said, with the right combination of IOS, custom channel making and some other crap I probably don't know about I can see 3.2 being able to support SDHC, bigger cards than 2GB AND run games from the SD Card too.
It might just take some time but it could happen.

omgwtflol420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got the HBC and backup loader with the 002 fix installed, so as long as those don't get bricked, I'm good. All I really use them for is playing TvC and tex-hacking Brawl, so it's not really like I need to worry about installing new stuff. So if I already have those installed, my system won't get bricked, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?