Nintendo Power August review scores.

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by granville, Jun 29, 2008.

1. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    Final Fantasy IV (DS) - 9.0
    Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness (DS) - 7.0
    Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (DS) - 8.5
    We Love Golf! (Wi) - 8.5
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo’s Dungeon (Wii) - 7.5
    The Incredible Hulk (DS) - 7.5
    Civilization Revolution (DS) - 7.5
    Rock Band (Wii) - 8.0
    Carnival Games (DS) - 4.5
    The Incredible Hulk (Wii) - 3.5

Source: http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=1807

Looking forward to Final Fantasy 4 and Civilization Revolution. Although Civ DS got a 7.5 which is "good", NP gave Soul Bubbles a 6 point something or other (Soul Bubble is an awesome game). I don't always trust NP's scores due to this. I'm sure Civ DS will be a good game, but I'll wait to try for myself before determining the verdict.

2. gov78

gov78 Ha made you Look

Feb 14, 2007
    London
    same i reli wanna play civ rev and ff4 but atm in too addicted to ffta2...

3. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Woohoo, that look like great scores [​IMG]
    Looking forward to Civ Rev and FF IV, although Trauma Center 2 looks great too.

4. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I'm wary about NP's scores. They gave Incredible Hulk DS a 7.5 whereas almost everyone here, there, and everywhere hates it. They also game Soul Bubbles a 6 something but it was one of my favorite DS games! We already know FF4 is great, but I hope Civ DS is too.

5. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    What's the deal with the new Harvest Moon? What do they say about that? Anyone know?

6. .TakaM

.TakaM .II

Oct 8, 2004
    New Zealand
    Hulk DS wasn't THAT bad, it was slightly above average if you ask me.
    Slightly above average for a movie based game, let alone a hulk game is pretty good.

7. granville
    OP

granville GBAtemp Goat

Aug 24, 2007
    United States
    Naples, Florida
    I skipped Hulk because it WAS getting a lot of negative vibes. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

8. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Can't wait to play Trauma Center 2, Harvest Moon: IoH, FF4 and Chocobo's Dungeon [​IMG]

9. ZPE

ZPE GBAtemp Fan

Aug 27, 2007
    England
    Scores mean little, especially from a magazine like ONM.

10. Trolly

Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2007
    Behind you! I know you looked!
    [​IMG]
    When will we get a good Harvest Moon for DS?! I thought this was all new as well, or am I wrong? Any chance someone could post a scan of the review?

FF4 should be good though, and Trauma Center 2 could be interesting (though I only got like 5 missions into the first - was way too hard).

11. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I'm waiting Harvest moon island too
    Nothing for Tree of tranquility on Wii ? it seems they share the same release date.

And I didn't know Chocobo dungeon was going to be released outside of japan.
    I'm not far away in Japanese version, I will start a new game in English [​IMG]

12. DMCDante

DMCDante Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Soest
    Final Fantasy IV a must have [​IMG]
    Harvest Moon I don't known>.<
    I liked the Playstation and the GBA one but since then they where all crap-.-
    We have to wait and see^^

13. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

Former Staff
    Apr 11, 2003
    United States
    Considering it's now published by Future US and not Nintendo...

14. SleepingDragon

SleepingDragon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    P3X-719
    Well, it's official, you can no longer hold any stock in ANY OF NINTENDO POWER'S REVIEW SCORES. If they give Soul Bubbles a 6, they are out of their fucking minds! In my Temper Post review, I gave it a 9, which is obviously high. I rated it so high, not because I new everyone would love the game, but because of the quality of the production. There is a difference.

Just because I consider a game to be well-made, doesn't mean you, or I for that matter, am going to enjoy it. Let's take movies for example. Just because I enjoy sitting down with some popcorn and watching the riveting performances of Bruce Willis and Ben Afleck in "Armageddon", doesn't mean I consider it a good movie. In fact, it's a HORRIBLE movie. It isn't meant to win any Oscars, it's meant to be a fun, explosion-filled experience.

Now, Soul Bubbles might not be for everyone. You may find that it moves too slow for you, and that's ok. But I don't think there can be any dispute that it is a "good, high-quality game". The artwork, music, and gameplay are all first rate! You might not like to play it, but it's obvious that a lot of time, energy, and creativity went into producing it.

The bottom line is, if you think Soul bubbles is a "bad" game, you are frankly either stupid or you have another agenda. So, Nintendo Power, which are you?

15. ackers

ackers GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 17, 2007
    ^ Well said.

16. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    The ratings which were commented accurately by sleepingdragon are not so commendable but surely it's the popularity after the game is released is what makes it excellent (take Phoenix wright for example, i thought it would be boring but since many had it i wanted it too and boy did it turn out to be a treat)