Homebrew Nintendo now has a 3DS bug bounty page open

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no way in hell that Nintendo would make a system that requires you to be on the latest firmware to use.

you read it wrong. it would not require the latest firmware to run, it would prevent files from older system updates from replacing newer ones. (Downgrading)

for example, 11.2 will boot with a 10.4 FIRM right now if I replace it.
with what I am describing,the console will refuse to boot 11.2 if a 10.4 FIRM is present.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why not both. just take the money then reverse your code.

this would still not allow you to release it for others. my guess is that if you took the money and released it (even if it was someone else who released it without permission) Nintendo would pull the money from you via court, etc.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
this would still not allow you to release it for others. my guess is that if you took the money and released it (even if it was someone else who released it without permission) Nintendo would pull the money from you via court, etc.
true enough.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ugh, just when i thought we were clear. Think us users with a9lh would be safe at this moment?
not for long that pokemon leak really pissed them off.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
this sounds a bit shady and not real though

We are safe and likely will be for a while. Just make sure you have hardmod whever updating or wait until confirmed safe
a9lh has write protection so they would have to make there own exploit to get pass that

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What pathetic dork would seriously do this? If I had a legitimate and unique hack, and wanted to profit from it, I would demand a salary or hold it ransom for the community. $100 is just sad...

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds a bit shady and not real though

a9lh has write protection so they would have to make there own exploit to get pass that

that would be completely legal as it is Nintendo's own code and hardware. what they would want to do is to overwrite A9LH properly on 3DS so they do not brick thousands, if they even care.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least this shows that Nintendo doesn't intend the Switch to replace the DS line.

Hear that? It's the sound of someone taking out of their ass.
They can't brick A9LH users, but they can patch it such that the user has to remove A9LH to use the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0LPrmtVWsA