CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Link is here.

It seems to be looking to stop a variety of things, including piracy, ROM hacks/save editing, and ARM11/ARM9 exploits, and is paying from $100 USD to $20,000 USD for exploits.

Interestingly, it seems to be only targeting 3DS systems, and not Wii U.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at Nintendo, good luck preventing 3DS hardmod downgrades. Nintendo should have done what Microsoft did with the 360, which was eFuses that prevented downgrading. so far, there is 0 ways of doing a downgrade now that they blow the eFuses.

EDIT:
What Nintendo needs to do: make a new revision board with eFuses, no exposed pads for NAND, and to make sure a FIRM is not able to be injected into a newer firmware. the FIRM one can be solved by making the system menu require the latest FIRM to even work, this would brick anyone trying to use older FIRMS.

Last edited by driverdis,

Lacrimose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I have a theory that their sudden interest in this points towards them trying to make sure that people don't easily exploit the Switch. Perhaps the Switch holds some similarities to the 3DS in terms of architecture, which would explain their anxiety.

Switch exploit hype! (j/k) :D

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has never really seemed to care about their consoles as much at handhelds. The wii u hasn't gotten an update since January and the gave up on the wii in 2010. 2 years before the wii u was released.

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. I have a theory that their sudden interest in this points towards them trying to make sure that people don't easily exploit the Switch. Perhaps the Switch holds some similarities to the 3DS in terms of architecture, which would explain their anxiety.

Switch exploit hype! (j/k) :D
must mean the 3ds has enough life left to warrant it. truly honor among thieves when no one has ratted said sites and devs for personal gain.

Last edited by Raylight,
Reactions: SSG Vegeta

Lacrimose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol at Nintendo, good luck preventing 3DS hardmod downgrades. Nintendo should have done what Microsoft did with the 360, which was eFuses that prevented downgrading. so far, there is 0 ways of doing a downgrade now that they blow the eFuses.

EDIT:
What Nintendo needs to do: make a new revision board with eFuses, no exposed pads for NAND, and to make sure a FIRM is not able to be injected into a newer firmware. the FIRM one can be solved by making the system menu require the latest FIRM to even work, this would brick anyone trying to use older FIRMS.
There's no way in hell that Nintendo would make a system that requires you to be on the latest firmware to use.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself