Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo 3DS is destined to be THE MOST STABLE CONSOLE IN THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joking aside, why now? Is it because of the EU laws? Are they feeling guilty about closing the eShop? Is this the absolutely final update, or are they planning for more content?

Questions, but no answers...

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

scoobydude51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if THIS is what caused Pokémon to delay the HOME update.

Because of Pokémon Bank being free, there’s a much higher chance of hacked Pokémon.

Patching the 3DS would make it harder to create illegally generated pokemon.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I think so too but that was not my question ;) I asked if anyone already updated to 11.17 and maybe it works without any changes (Home Menu was updated so maybe not?).
If the home menu was updated the new offsets probably need to be found, I used to know how to do it but would need to look into it again given that it's been years. If no one else has done it I'll take a look later today probably.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
> Closes the eshop so it's no longer possible to buy game legally
> No longer possible to buy physical media without resorting to second hand market
> Releases update to nuke hacking support for said console
Yup, sounds like a Nintendon't moment alright
Certified Nintendo Moment

Brought to you by: Doug Bowser

• Haha
Reactions: IRUZZ and Flobbie
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
...they really just can't let people enjoy things in peace, can't they?
Even after the 3DS' dead and buried, they have to make sure nobody can't enjoy them old games, nope, it physically pains them the idea that someone might pirate or emulate their old games.
Fuck you. Just fuck you, shittendo. You're so fucking pathetic.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If people just spend 5-10mins hacking their PS3 they can watch Blu-rays from anywhere in the world and not have to worry about the keys expiring.

There was a time I wanted to watch a Blu-ray I own and what happened? I couldn't because my PS3 was on an outdated FW. 😑
CFW doesn’t need updated keys?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1