Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

Voster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because the jerks think that by killing those servers they will magicaly get a million more switch sales.

They got the opposite reaction here.

I have OG 3DSXL not jailbroken, with a dozen titles legit bought, in a country with a high ratio difference with local currency to the dollar.
I loved Samus Returns and after playing Ocarina and Majora's again after all these years I was hyped again on Zelda. Was considering buying a Switch, even the Tears version, so I could play Metroid Dread and the Prime Remaster, on top of Zeldas.

I did manage to acquire a New 3DS in a local "bargain" and did jailbreak this one. Still left my OG untouched.

Still, even if I don't plan to jailbreak that 3DS, the update that attempts to block that option literally forever, despite the fact that they killed their own shop and including the fact they might never ever release the games again, much less the experience with the 3DS, or do so in an extremely poor port, rubbed me the wrong way.

Adding the fact that after some research the Switch is actually an old, underpowered console that might be on its last legs, I think I might as well use the money for some big PC upgrade and just emulate, on top of having more options as well...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Needs to be XXL by now
In my opinion, in the case of 3ds, there should have been a xxl version, which would actually not be a console at all but an addon that you would plug in a 3ds. It would contain a gpu to upscale the game in real time and stream it to an hd tv through hdmi or such

Reactions: TomSwitch

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U got an update just for shits and giggles. Only Nintendo... DMCA our gameplay, but gives out useless updates on dead consoles. :creep::wtf:
When 5.5.5 came out like 2ish years ago, my friends and I joked that they only updated it so it would be 5.5.5

Slow day in the office I guess haha

Last edited by boot3,

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo ffs, i bought a New 3DS XL this year after 4 years to support your pathetic ass. Then only to find out Pokémon Shuffle & the é-shop got canned and now you push a update to a 12 year old system winch haven't recieved a single fucking AAA game since 2019... just to (i assume) patch a exploit?! 😉
Wow. Sounds like you made an incredibly ill-informed decision as if all you ever do here is whine and you don't bother keeping up on actual news, such as the status of the ancient 3DS.

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Sounds like you made an incredibly ill-informed decision as if all you ever do here is whine and you don't bother keeping up on actual news, such as the status of the ancient 3DS.
Some jerk found their keyboard again...
Listen kiddo, if you have nothing to add that is useful to the convo, it is better to keep your mouth shut. Just a tip ;)

• Love
Reactions: Maximumbeans

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some jerk found their keyboard again...
Listen kiddo, if you have nothing to add that is useful to the convo, it is better to keep your mouth shut. Just a tip ;)
I agree with @ChibiMofo tbh
As he said, if your intention are to mod a console, dont buy it before knowing some stuff, such as what "type" of this console can be modded (hardware release, ofw, etc)

Reactions: boot3

PopcornSweetie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with @ChibiMofo tbh
As he said, if your intention are to mod a console, dont buy it before knowing some stuff, such as what "type" of this console can be modded (hardware release, ofw, etc)
Dude, you don't even know what the heck you are talking about. I am in the scene for years (almost 10)! Besides, i used a lot of exploits over the years so DON'T come to me and tell me what i can do or can't. :rofl2:

• Love
Reactions: Maximumbeans

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude, you don't even know what the heck you are talking about. I am in the scene for years (almost 10)! Besides, i used a lot of exploits over the years so DON'T come to me and tell me what i can do or can't. :rofl2:
Well... If your goal was to find more/new exploits, then updating your console was a great idea :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality