Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMAGINE DROPPING AN UPDATE FOR YOUR LITERALLY DEAD CONSOLE WHICH YOU HAVE DROPPED ALL SUPPORT FOR AND CAN NO LONGER MAKE MONEY FROM SOLELY TO KILL THE HACKING SCENE FOR IT..... WHICH YOU CREATED BY DROPPING ALL SUPPORT?????
Nintendo moment beyond all Nintendo moments
I acually fully support this move by Nintendo
they are keeping the fires hot and are providing more incentive for the ecene to go after their next platform
with the shutdown of the eshops and now this, it jut provides more motivation and and proves nessecity of exploits for preservation.
I will definitley be picking up a day one unit of whatever their next gen hardware is and keeping it sealed in it's box in the back of my closet with confidence I will not be buying any software for it
Post automatically merged:

Somebody at Big N' got redfaced by new open-source Switch modchips and went on a blitz for the wrong console?. :D

How cute
oh I haven't been paying mush attention are the McFlys for sale on Aliexpress yet?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To all the haters - If you dislike Nintendo so much why then do you own their system and games? Seriously, if you hate them then get rid of their products and move on. No one likes to hear you complain that the stuff you likely didn't pay for doesn't live up to your expectations. Nintendo hackers are some whiny bitches.
Ladies and gentlemen, the dumbest bout of Nintendo dick riding—possibly ever? Stay tuned to find out.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are they accomplishing by patching these types of exploits? it is not like it would make any difference at this point.
Meanwhile, they still haven't patched considerably more serious exploits on Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon servers.
Because the jerks think that by killing those servers they will magicaly get a million more switch sales.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don’t know about others, but for me 3DS means 3D, this cannot be emulated on a switch. Perhaps the new Nintendo console will have such functionality. But most likely, 3DS will remain the only one for its games. Why close it is not clear to me, it was possible to slowly release 3DS endlessly, there would still be interest in such a number of exclusives ... But perhaps the point is really in the new console, the form factor of which will be similar to 3DS.
I'm talking about, that next console may not be switch2, but 3ds2, then it makes much more sense.
3D will never come back. It's supposed what so many people find it discomfort N removed really for been cheap

Today you will have it but only like the virtual boy whit external googles and very low res. So your 3DS is a invaluable piece of history

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
For fuck sake, Nintendo, just finish making games instead pushing out updates to a dead system!
What, you don’t like them drop feeding updates to their sports games? 😏

Regarding this topic, I do wanna ask... I have a New 3DS XL along with Luma3DS, everything’s good, but because it requires unscrewing the back to get to the SD card I use ftp instead which requires an internet connection, can I still do that or is there a way to disable the update altogether? I should probably mention that I do not play online so online connectivity isn’t of use for me aside from FTP and QR codes...

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so they patched out exploits... on a console they already dropped.

in-flppin'-credible.

yet another reminder to never feel guilty for pirating nintendo games. ever.

looking forward to seeing how they f█k over switch users years after they drop support. probably will be a firmware where all you can do is press any button to see a picture of miyamotto flipping you off.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
$10 is pretty cheap, but some people can't afford as little as $10 for whatever reason they're financially in.

My nephew who's 18 asked me to order a PS3 controller from AliExpress and two weeks later I'm still waiting for him to pay (I thought he'd have it, it's just $10 or he could get a job to pay his expenses while on his spare time).
In all fairness if $10 is nothing to you why are you even expecting your nephew to pay you back? It’s your money, sure, but the value of $10 varies from one person to another.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so they patched out exploits... on a console they already dropped.

in-flppin'-credible.

yet another reminder to never feel guilty for pirating nintendo games. ever.

looking forward to seeing how they f█k over switch users years after they drop support. probably will be a firmware where all you can do is press any button to see a picture of miyamotto flipping you off.
i get a hard on when pirating new nintendie releases, this will only increase the sentiment :toot:

halfashark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In all fairness if $10 is nothing to you why are you even expecting your nephew to pay you back? It’s your money, sure, but the value of $10 varies from one person to another.
Depends if this is the first time but it is a good lesson.
You are not a bank. Any money you loan is money you shouldn't expect back. It's nice to get it back of course but, again, never loan money you expect back.
Personally what I would do is get a small, cheap gift for everyone else during whatever gift-giving event your family parakes in (see: christmas, etc) like 5 bucks a pop or whatever and then give the newphew only a card.
If he complains just be like ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ "u got ur gift already. the controller."

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
It’s the principle. Even more so when the expectation of repayment is set.

Depends if this is the first time but it is a good lesson.
You are not a bank. Any money you loan is money you shouldn't expect back. It's nice to get it back of course but, again, never loan money you expect back.
Personally what I would do is get a small, cheap gift for everyone else during whatever gift-giving event your family parakes in (see: christmas, etc) like 5 bucks a pop or whatever and then give the newphew only a card.
If he complains just be like ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯ "u got ur gift already. the controller."
It’s not a loan if you’re not paying it back. :creep:

Reactions: kineticUk

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, can this be ...

THE NEW NEW 3DS is coming !!!

or is it D1S ?

The dual screen Switch that we have been waiting for

Finally Switch Online++ is going to have DS games

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don’t know about others, but for me 3DS means 3D, this cannot be emulated on a switch. Perhaps the new Nintendo console will have such functionality. But most likely, 3DS will remain the only one for its games. Why close it is not clear to me, it was possible to slowly release 3DS endlessly, there would still be interest in such a number of exclusives ... But perhaps the point is really in the new console, the form factor of which will be similar to 3DS.
I'm talking about, that next console may not be switch2, but 3ds2, then it makes much more sense.
Well, 3ds games sure can be emulated on switch. Maybe not right now, but it sure could. We can emulate 3ds games on Pc right now with Citra
The only thing is that the autostereoscopic 3d will not be available if on Switch, but the stereoscopic 3d might be

Reactions: Mike_77712

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?