Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.3 released

gkQj6UD.png

In the midst of the recent DMCA claims against Switch homebrew, Nintendo has also been busy working on a firmware update for the Nintendo Switch. System software version 16.0.3 is available to download, bringing only the expected stability. SwitchBrew has created an entry for this new update, while SciresM is yet to confirm if this impacts Atmosphere CFW in any way.

[UPDATE] Atmosphere is indeed impacted by this firmware, do not update until further notice.

:arrow: Source

koyuki38

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm tired of all that useless updates that always halfly brick my device.

Each time i always do same procedure:
- update all files in the sd card
- install fw with daybreak

It ALWAYS ends in a black screen not being rcm when it reboots. I have to push randomly power button, plug/unplug power cable and pray for the Switch to finally detect the payload injecter.

F-off

jakl_53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont quite understand what you mean? Do i need to be on a specific firmware version?

I got the game but when i try to install via dbi it says the files are corrupt
I don't know what I mean either. I'm also not sure what firmware you are on. I'm assuming relatively recent. And I was also agreeing with you about not breaking a working system. I always have issues updating my switch. I basically only update when a game requires it. Not sure what FW TOTK needs but I know it's not 16.0.3. Personally I would just troubleshoot why your game won't install first. Because even if you update your FW you will probably have the same error about the files being corrupt.

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know what I mean either. I'm also not sure what firmware you are on. I'm assuming relatively recent. And I was also agreeing with you about not breaking a working system. I always have issues updating my switch. I basically only update when a game requires it. Not sure what FW TOTK needs but I know it's not 16.0.3. Personally I would just troubleshoot why your game won't install first. Because even if you update your FW you will probably have the same error about the files being corrupt.
thanks I just checked my firmware and it is 14.1.1
I read online somewhere about needing to be 15+ but yes got it
I will further troubleshoot

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's because of Zelda is pointless at least until some new update cause Zelda + update 1.1.0 is running fine on my Switch FW 15.0.0...
?? are you sure? did you use SAK to re-sign the update?? 1.1.0 didn't fly on 15.0.0 for me.

Something is going on with sigpatches, or somehow they're not being loaded because I keep getting the "Unable to start software" error when loading games. So hold off... :(
the sigpatches linked to in the sigpatches thread are incomplete and cause this problem unless you overwrite old sigpatches, get good working ones from here https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/

Someone tried to update the Switch firmware + atmo and to launch Zelda TOTK ? To know if it's safe 🥲
safe?? it works fine for me on 16.0.3

It ALWAYS ends in a black screen not being rcm when it reboots. I have to push randomly power button, plug/unplug power cable and pray for the Switch to finally detect the payload injecter.

F-off

cause you have shit/mods/cheats in your atmo/contents folder, delete it. Instead of praying just hold the power button for 15 seconds then rcm boot and use injector.

Reactions: tabzer and Thardus

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the sigpatches linked to in the sigpatches thread are incomplete and cause this problem unless you overwrite old sigpatches, get good working ones from here https://sigmapatches.coomer.party/
Thanks for your help. The sigpatches you linked were the first I tried. I tried everything else too. I also tried recreating my atmosphere/ and bootloader/ folders, which didn't help. Atmosphere works fine. But I'm getting errors when trying to install titles with tinfoil or dbi, or play any games. I don't know what's unique to my set up since most others had success.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for your help. The sigpatches you linked were the first I tried. I tried everything else too. I also tried recreating my atmosphere/ and bootloader/ folders, which didn't help. Atmosphere works fine. But I'm getting errors when trying to install titles with tinfoil or dbi, or play any games. I don't know what's unique to my set up since most others had success.
Holy crap, it works now. I had to use the fix archive bit utility in hekate. Man, I should I have tried that sooner. Typically I've been able to set the bit via command line without issue so not sure why I had to use the utility this time. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Last edited by Thardus,
Reactions: Dreas31 and tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
How easy would it be to make a repo that links everything you need to download to keep up-to-date? Can I link to coomer party on GitHub, lol. That is a real question.

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How easy would it be to make a repo that links everything you need to download to keep up-to-date? Can I link to coomer party on GitHub, lol. That is a real question.
Well, I should have used AIO Switch Updater. I don't think I would have messed up the archive bits that way. I still had to put the firmware files on the sd card manually though

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, I should have used AIO Switch Updater. I don't think I would have messed up the archive bits that way. I still had to put the firmware files on the sd card manually though
Besides the bit correction, the rest could be solved by a simple batch file to save you a click.

Reactions: Thardus

Thardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the bit correction, the rest could be solved by a simple batch file to save you a click.
Yeah, I basically have a couple of commands that (usually) work that equate to a shell script (rsync, chflags -R [arch|noarch], etc). I'm on MacOS/Linux and have a lot of command line shell experience and I dual boot Windows so it's a pain to switch. I probably should just run a Windows virtual machine but I've been able to get by without it. But I lost a lot of time troubleshooting this last issue so I may just start using Windoze, haha

Reactions: tabzer

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

F-off
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result. Maybe stop doing that “same procedure”, because it’s wrong. I would say I NEVER boot to black screen after an update, but it did happen to me 1 time. Either I botched the way I updated, or maybe an update touched boot0 and not all of them do? I dunno... Anyway, I just had to clear/retrain my mod chip so it could inject its payload back into boot0. On my release Switch, I can say NEVER.

I updated Atmosphere, hekate, and sigpatches, as soon as the latest hekate came out. No issues With 16.0.3. Didn’t even need to clear/retrain my mod chip. Also ran Lockpic_RCM and dumped keys, but there doesn’t appear to be any new keys. Not sure what this update does at all, but I’m sure the latest ToTK patch runs without it.

Last edited by urherenow,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

F-off
Dude remake your SD Card setup. Sounds like you boot an file pointing to nothing.

Tails54321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds good guys, ill go to 16.0.3 the next time i feel the need to go to sysnand, no real need tho atm, 1 game on emunand is keeping my attention for a while ;)

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
?? are you sure? did you use SAK to re-sign the update?? 1.1.0 didn't fly on 15.0.0 for me.
I didn't do anything, I just downloaded the XCI version and installed the game with tinfoil and it's running fine, then the update came out, I also downloaded it and just installed.

I also updated my old atmosphere to 1.5.2 and hekate to 6.0.3, bit it's unrelated as I haven't updated FW neither sigpatches, I'm; still on FW15.0.0...

Reactions: sith

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is anyone else really confused? The top of this thread says do not update
Is that still the case? Lots of people having problems by the looks of it

Yachtmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
well, to be honest ... I was a bit worried coz of the comments too, so a backup of the sdcard was made before the action ... Atmosphere & Hekate updated with AIO Updater, then copied the sig-patches from Mr.Dude (thx 4 that!) and the FW from github with Daybreak ... everything smooth without any error message or black screen ... I guess there is a little bit of panic in the house coz of the Z-leak :rofl2:

Psd99

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well, to be honest ... I was a bit worried coz of the comments too, so a backup of the sdcard was made before the action ... Atmosphere & Hekate updated with AIO Updater, then copied the sig-patches from Mr.Dude (thx 4 that!) and the FW from github with Daybreak ... everything smooth without any error message or black screen ... I guess there is a little bit of panic in the house coz of the Z-leak :rofl2:

Sounds good
Why did u update? Did u follow any guide?

I will backup my sd card good shout

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30