OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi Tempers!
I think we should make a organized exploit list for the newer Nintendo dsi (and XL)!
I was watching the 3ds (and XL) browser exploit made by gateway, and i was thinking "maybe some dev on this website can do a similar exploit on dsi"

I belive the dsi can do some cool things like the 3ds do "emunand"... and things like that!

I for the guys who only say "ohhh the dsi is already DEAD" but remember! There is devs who STILL make homebrew for GBA (and some crazy ones for virtualboy xD)

EXPLOITS FOR DSI:

Sudokuhaxx - Doesn't work on the newest version on the Dsi Shop (A.K.A. Eshop)

Other 2 haxx inspired on the sudokuhaxx but they are already blocked :S

Reactions: Margen67

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Won't happen.
DSi already is exploited (3 exploits iirc)
Loads of attempts has been done and a buffer overflow in the savegames was the only one to work.

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, and that got blocked with one of the last firmware updates. I've seen mention of it being possible to exploit updated consoles if you dump the NAND and extract a certain file, but no real details.

tozevleal

Probably the last VinsCool lonk clone :P
OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Won't happen.
DSi already is exploited (3 exploits iirc)
Loads of attempts has been done and a buffer overflow in the savegames was the only one to work.

I only know the sudoku haxx but it was a fail because 4 days later nintendo patched the game on dsi store!
I don't know the other 2 exploits you are talking... dino

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
IIRC they were savegame exploits too, but savegame exploiting was blocked with a firmware update by preventing copying saves from SD to NAND.
Damn ninty! Maybe the hacker community should try to exploit the photo channel or the flipnote studio! I don't want to see the dsi die like this!

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Cyclo DSi was able to play DSi Enhanced roms back in the day and had full DSi mode access but it only worked in a specific firware plus the CycloDS team has gone under and refused to release source code.

tozevleal

OP
Trophies
Website
www.tozeleal.orgfree.pt
XP
Country
Portugal
Cyclo DSi was able to play DSi Enhanced roms back in the day and had full DSi mode access but it only worked in a specific firware plus the CycloDS team has gone under and refused to release source code.

Yeah i remember that old times... imagine if we could downgrade our dsi to that specific firmware like the gateway done with browser exploit!

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to see the dsi die like this!
The "hacker community" has largely moved on. Martin Korth (no$gba) has done some preliminary work with the DSi, and something might come of that, but I wouldn't count on it leading to a console exploit.
The DSi doesn't offer too much over the standard DS, and almost anything you could do with it can be done with the 3DS.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSi doesn't offer too much over the standard DS, and almost anything you could do with it can be done with the 3DS.

Basically this. This topic has been discussed many times and the answer is always the same. We now have almost totally unrestricted access to the 3DS which is much more powerful than the DSi.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Almost anything you can do with a SNES can be done with the 3DS too. The DSi is obsolete--just like the SNES, Gameboy Advance, and the other systems that aren't current..

People who want to run DSi ROMs are now in the same position as people who want to run SNES ROMs--they're not doing it because they want free stuff for a current system, they're doing it because of some interest in the history of the medium.

Except the DSi shows what's bad about making hacks anti-piracy. Even the anti-piracy people don't mind if you play ROMs for old systems, or they wouldn't release homebrew hacks at all (since most of them are used for emulation). But we are still stuck with the anti-piracy measures they took when the DSi wasn't an old system. Result: you can play SNES ROMs, but you can't play DSi ROMs.

At some point this is going to happen to the 3DS too. Let's just hope that Gateway stays in business long enough that you'll be able to find one then, because if not, we'll be screwed.

Blob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MMM I suppose I could try w/ that dslink I'm still on 1.4.1U on my DSi :), Tho is it worth the effort? I just finally got my R4i up and running, hoping I can do this on the DSi but as I read some wifi chipsets won't let it be written to, how do I identify which model mine is? Just try and see? Right? :D

Last edited by Blob,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night