Not open for further replies.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narin said:
If it is a firmware hack or vulnerability, the problem is, Nintendo has made it so the DSi firmware can be updated meaning that the vulnerability could be patched in a future update. This is many Yasu doesn't want to release the hack to the public because once he does, Nintendo will most likely create a fix for it.

There is the option to never upgrade the firmware, but the problem is, you would be locked out from all the online capabilities including the DSWare store, possibly the WiFi support for games (Due to WiFi now being implemented in the firmware itself instead of having each game implement their own conenction) and also Firmware updates, like with the Wii will be bundled inside DS games as well or have a certain firmware restriction so a newer firmware is needed to play which the DSi will check for.
But Nintendo already does that with the Wii..and we still found ways around it. Same goes for PSP since we can delete the update from the ISO using UMDGen, the same thing could be done the same for the Wii. But I understand what you're talking about.

ShakeBunny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is cool, but isn't Nintendo supposed to have forced updates for the DSi to keep flashcarts from working? I probably wrong, but I thought it was worth asking.

Pauloc7s

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why the surprise??
We all already know... Later or sooner, DSi will be hacked.
In the most optimistic of assumptions, there will be no more flashcards.
However, it is still too early to think about a Custom Firmware.

retiredjerk

Trophies
XP
Country
this shit made it to engadget. taking it off the front page now wont do anything. Who would have thought it would have been hacked in like 3 days. All that time to develop secutiry And nintendo could only manage 3 god damn days of securness. And to the people who think its fake you dont know what yasu can do or has done. No way is it fake. i would say the developers are pissed but every game they already make can be pirated so what else is new. i would think at least nintendo would have made it so no matter what the DSi would not load .nds from the SD slot even if loaded with a homebrew. I guess we will find out in a few days/weeks if a video of loader running from SD surfaces .Man what a dumb move including that SD slot on nintendos part. SDHC cars are so damn cheap now and besides who doesnt have a bunch of these lying around.

nitrodude150

Trophies
Website
nitrodude150.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
Broken Skye said:
WildWon said:
But more than that, i love how people bitch when a new system comes out how "Its impossible to hack, i'll never buy it!!!1" when 5 days later, bam. Hax0r'd.
Whoever thinks that needs to get kicked, because in the pirates world, nothing is unhackable. Obviously.
IDK man, PS3 has been out for a while......

Twiggy12

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well....heres a full translation...

DSi the [do] which is bought - [2008/11/501: 54: 52]
When you became aware, DSi black was bought…Next also JY-PSUAD11.Has fallen to the laboratory conversion
Repeated hitting to take with the rammer, because you drop.Now [potsupun] comfort.If so, DSi white you buy, good duck…
Touch feeling of black is hateful.Friction with the nail.White seems [subesube].[motsuku] you see, it is orz which is
The rear power source button it is difficult to push.As for mirror function of camera [paku] [ri] of portable application inside.

By the way, because, hack moving homebrew, [niyaniya] doing is purpose,
Change please do not expect.[majikon] becoming popular too much, playing, playing
To become the shoulder body it does not have to be regrettable narrow, and, we would like to avoid the repetition, don't you think?.
No.1926 - COMMENTS (1)
DSi hack success [2008/11/400: 46: 15]
It succeeds in HelloWorld indication with DSi.With the [ano] method everyone thinking.The apparatus having, trying in [ru] one
Because you received, as for moving there is no I, is, but.But if it releases, measure waiting, the [ru] it does,
Hate it puts out [majikon] popularity, -.Temporarily, unless the substance you buy.Selling, it probably is [ru]?…
When CFW it is possible, however it is funny, FW [tsu] [te] signature it is not attached kana jk? PSP how has become the [ro] which is

I succeeded to launch a homebrew HelloWorld ON DSi!
The method may be same as you think up.

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Narin said:
If it is a firmware hack or vulnerability, the problem is, Nintendo has made it so the DSi firmware can be updated meaning that the vulnerability could be patched in a future update. This is many Yasu doesn't want to release the hack to the public because once he does, Nintendo will most likely create a fix for it.

There is the option to never upgrade the firmware, but the problem is, you would be locked out from all the online capabilities including the DSWare store, possibly the WiFi support for games (Due to WiFi now being implemented in the firmware itself instead of having each game implement their own conenction) and also Firmware updates, like with the Wii will be bundled inside DS games as well or have a certain firmware restriction so a newer firmware is needed to play which the DSi will check for.

Man this just makes me more to stay with the ds lite!..i was so eager to get it!

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
nitro2k01 said:
To those who are skilled enouogh and have time, look for save game exploits. The possible tiff overflow vulnerability will be fixed in the next firmware, but save game exploits will continue to work.

That is until nintendo decides to update the firmware to check for exploit and delete the save, like they did with the TP hack. They actually could do that, with each and every game they know is being exploited. This means that those of us who know how to search for exploits do so, but don't release them, until nintendo disables the previously released exploit in next firmware update. Also remember that if a game is made by nintendo, then they have the source code to that game, and therefore figure out what was exploited more easily, and not only that, disable ALL exploit channels they known of in that game.

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how about making custom firmware like those used on a psp? have all of the features of the update but still be able to use homebrew and play .nds files???? so far it hasn't stopped people from playing psp games from their memory sticks even if there are frequent updates to the psp firmware.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol...
laugh.gif
He jut did it...with an SD card.
wtf.gif

However, this is probably simple bug and Nintendo will fix it in next update.

agentgamma

I dont know what to put here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
knoxvillz said:
how about making custom firmware like those used on a psp? have all of the features of the update but still be able to use homebrew and play .nds files???? so far it hasn't stopped people from playing psp games from their memory sticks even if there are frequent updates to the psp firmware.
Why do I have a feeling this WILL happen and flashcarts will die?

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
nitrodude150 said:
Broken Skye said:
WildWon said:
But more than that, i love how people bitch when a new system comes out how "Its impossible to hack, i'll never buy it!!!1" when 5 days later, bam. Hax0r'd.
Whoever thinks that needs to get kicked, because in the pirates world, nothing is unhackable. Obviously.
IDK man, PS3 has been out for a while......

As stated several times in this thread the PS3 has been hacked just not in your sense of 'hacked' meaning the playback of illegal backups/image files of games.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Twiggy12 said:
well....heres a full translation...

DSi the [do] which is bought - [2008/11/501: 54: 52]
When you became aware, DSi black was bought…Next also JY-PSUAD11.Has fallen to the laboratory conversion
Repeated hitting to take with the rammer, because you drop.Now [potsupun] comfort.If so, DSi white you buy, good duck…
Touch feeling of black is hateful.Friction with the nail.White seems [subesube].[motsuku] you see, it is orz which is
The rear power source button it is difficult to push.As for mirror function of camera [paku] [ri] of portable application inside.

By the way, because, hack moving homebrew, [niyaniya] doing is purpose,
Change please do not expect.[majikon] becoming popular too much, playing, playing
To become the shoulder body it does not have to be regrettable narrow, and, we would like to avoid the repetition, don't you think?.
No.1926 - COMMENTS (1)
DSi hack success [2008/11/400: 46: 15]
It succeeds in HelloWorld indication with DSi.With the [ano] method everyone thinking.The apparatus having, trying in [ru] one
Because you received, as for moving there is no I, is, but.But if it releases, measure waiting, the [ru] it does,
Hate it puts out [majikon] popularity, -.Temporarily, unless the substance you buy.Selling, it probably is [ru]?…
When CFW it is possible, however it is funny, FW [tsu] [te] signature it is not attached kana jk? PSP how has become the [ro] which is

I succeeded to launch a homebrew HelloWorld ON DSi!
The method may be same as you think up.

this a WEB translation by any chance???
blink.gif

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
psycoblaster said:
This is a translation of a translation.
A Korean guy in the korean rom hacking forums translated the japanese into korean, and I'm translating the korean into english that you guys can understand
biggrin.gif

Original
DSi?HelloWorld????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????
???????????????????????????????????…
CFW?????????FW????????????jk?PSP??????????

Korean
(??) DSi?? HelloWorld ??? ??. ???? ???? '?' ????. ??? ?? ?? ??? ?? ???, ??? ? ??? ?????. ??? ???? ??? ?????, ??(????) ??? ????.. ??? ???? ?????. ??? ????... CFW(??? ???) ????? ????, ???(FW)? ??? ???? ????..? PSP? ??? ???.

English
(Translated) Making HelloWorld show up on the DSi successful. It was done by "the" way that you guys were thinking. The one who ran it was a person with a DSi, not me. However, I will wait a little more until I release what I found out, because I don't support the common use of flashcarts.. First of all, I need to get the actual device. Will they still sell it... CFW(Custom firmware) would be nice, but wouldn't there be a signature on the FW(firmware)? [note from psycoblaster: by signature, read mystikekoez's post right below this.] How was the PSP done?

You forgot to translate the [???? ??? ?????] part. Also, are you sure about the meaning of [??????]? The rest checks out (for who's wondering; I'm fluent at Japanese and I'm studying Korean right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY