Nintendo DSi hacked!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by khan, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    But Nintendo already does that with the Wii..and we still found ways around it. Same goes for PSP since we can delete the update from the ISO using UMDGen, the same thing could be done the same for the Wii. But I understand what you're talking about.

2. MystikEkoez

MystikEkoez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 5, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    Doesn't matter, DAX made all CFW OFW update proof.

3. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    Yes, I forgot to mention that too.

4. MystikEkoez

MystikEkoez GBAtemp Fan

Sep 5, 2006
    United States
    Georgia
    XD Nice. But hey, people still use UMDGen to shave off space on isos. So, it's all good.

5. ShakeBunny

ShakeBunny GBAtemp Fan

Jul 11, 2008
    United States
    Nope
    This is cool, but isn't Nintendo supposed to have forced updates for the DSi to keep flashcarts from working? I probably wrong, but I thought it was worth asking.

6. Pauloc7s

Pauloc7s Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2007
    Brazil
    Why the surprise??
    We all already know... Later or sooner, DSi will be hacked.
    In the most optimistic of assumptions, there will be no more flashcards.
    However, it is still too early to think about a Custom Firmware.

7. retiredjerk

retiredjerk GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2006
    this shit made it to engadget. taking it off the front page now wont do anything. Who would have thought it would have been hacked in like 3 days. All that time to develop secutiry And nintendo could only manage 3 god damn days of securness. And to the people who think its fake you dont know what yasu can do or has done. No way is it fake. i would say the developers are pissed but every game they already make can be pirated so what else is new. i would think at least nintendo would have made it so no matter what the DSi would not load .nds from the SD slot even if loaded with a homebrew. I guess we will find out in a few days/weeks if a video of loader running from SD surfaces .Man what a dumb move including that SD slot on nintendos part. SDHC cars are so damn cheap now and besides who doesnt have a bunch of these lying around.

8. nitrodude150

nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    IDK man, PS3 has been out for a while......

9. Twiggy12

Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    Aussie land (Australia)
    well....heres a full translation...

DSi the [do] which is bought - [2008/11/501: 54: 52]
    When you became aware, DSi black was bought…Next also JY-PSUAD11.Has fallen to the laboratory conversion
    Repeated hitting to take with the rammer, because you drop.Now [potsupun] comfort.If so, DSi white you buy, good duck…
    Touch feeling of black is hateful.Friction with the nail.White seems [subesube].[motsuku] you see, it is orz which is
    The rear power source button it is difficult to push.As for mirror function of camera [paku] [ri] of portable application inside.

By the way, because, hack moving homebrew, [niyaniya] doing is purpose,
    Change please do not expect.[majikon] becoming popular too much, playing, playing
    To become the shoulder body it does not have to be regrettable narrow, and, we would like to avoid the repetition, don't you think?.
    No.1926 - COMMENTS (1)
    DSi hack success [2008/11/400: 46: 15]
    It succeeds in HelloWorld indication with DSi.With the [ano] method everyone thinking.The apparatus having, trying in [ru] one
    Because you received, as for moving there is no I, is, but.But if it releases, measure waiting, the [ru] it does,
    Hate it puts out [majikon] popularity, -.Temporarily, unless the substance you buy.Selling, it probably is [ru]?…
    When CFW it is possible, however it is funny, FW [tsu] [te] signature it is not attached kana jk? PSP how has become the [ro] which is

I succeeded to launch a homebrew HelloWorld ON DSi!
    The method may be same as you think up.

10. VISHI SO FISHI

VISHI SO FISHI Cricket My love!

Oct 1, 2007
    India
    A kindom far far away!
    Man this just makes me more to stay with the ds lite!..i was so eager to get it!

11. caitsith2

caitsith2 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 16, 2004
    Canada
    a secret location 93 million miles from the sun

That is until nintendo decides to update the firmware to check for exploit and delete the save, like they did with the TP hack. They actually could do that, with each and every game they know is being exploited. This means that those of us who know how to search for exploits do so, but don't release them, until nintendo disables the previously released exploit in next firmware update. Also remember that if a game is made by nintendo, then they have the source code to that game, and therefore figure out what was exploited more easily, and not only that, disable ALL exploit channels they known of in that game.

12. knoxvillz

knoxvillz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 19, 2008
    how about making custom firmware like those used on a psp? have all of the features of the update but still be able to use homebrew and play .nds files???? so far it hasn't stopped people from playing psp games from their memory sticks even if there are frequent updates to the psp firmware.

13. skawo96

skawo96 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 22, 2008
    Lol... [​IMG] He jut did it...with an SD card. [​IMG]

However, this is probably simple bug and Nintendo will fix it in next update.

14. agentgamma

agentgamma I dont know what to put here

Oct 5, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Why do I have a feeling this WILL happen and flashcarts will die?

15. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    Now, if I was the sort of person to say I told you so......

you thought something could be made unhackable -1
    you trusted nintendo after what they did to atari -1

16. Talaria

Talaria ...

Jan 31, 2007
    New Zealand
    As stated several times in this thread the PS3 has been hacked just not in your sense of 'hacked' meaning the playback of illegal backups/image files of games.

17. kobykaan

kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    this a WEB translation by any chance??? [​IMG]

18. Glacius0

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    You forgot to translate the [???? ??? ?????] part. Also, are you sure about the meaning of [??????]? The rest checks out (for who's wondering; I'm fluent at Japanese and I'm studying Korean right now).

19. Densetsu

Densetsu Pubic Ninja

Former Staff
    Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    Wouldn't YOU like to know?
    Thanks for that [​IMG] There's already a perfect one here.

20. KirovAir

KirovAir Dutch Alcoholic Programmer

Dec 7, 2006
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    Yeah, me too. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.