Kram

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi !

I don't want to read all messages, so I don't know if you've allready seen that : when he quit the program, he goes on the video "chanel" of the DSi (we can make videos with the DSi, images by images).
I read the news of Yasu with google traduction (in french because I am french) and he says that video is not from him and one comment say that the video could have been done with the DSi.

So, I think it's a FAKE.

(Sorry for my english, I'm french
tongue.gif
)

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Update from Yasu.

気づいたらDSi黒を買っていた…ついでにJY-PSUAD11も。研究室に落ちてた変換が
タコで連打取りこぼすから。これでポップン快適。で、DSi白買えば良かった鴨…
黒の触り心地が嫌。爪との摩擦が。白のがスベスベらしい。モック見るんだったorz
あと電源ボタン押しにくい。カメラのミラー機能はうちの携帯アプリのパクり。

ちなみにハックはhomebrewを動かしてニヤニヤするのが目的なので、
変な期待しないで下さい。マジコンが流行しすぎて、いじくって遊ぶのが
肩身狭くなってしまったのが残念でならないし、二の舞は避けたいよね。

He went out and bought a black DS, and was musing about how he probably should've got a white one, since he doesn't really like the feel of the black one.

The more interesting bit is the second part:
"By the way, my hack is designed to run fun homebrew, so don't start having false expectations. Running ROM backups is getting far too widespread now and I felt pretty ashamed running games illegally. So, sorry, but I'm not planning to make that mistake again."

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SpixShadow said:
We can see at the end of the video , when he leaves the "homebrew" , he is in the "Image viewer" (is expressed as?)

He's not. He pressed the power button, which brings you back to the DSi menu. The camera instruction thing is always on the top screen in that menu, since L and R are shortcuts to the camera from the main menu.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
He can run arbitrary code. All he needs now is to work out a way to launch nds files and that is the end of the DSi protection. Thank you Nintendo for making ROM playing easier than ever. Not only are SD cards cheaper but they are also faster. And we don't need to buy a flashcart either. It's just a shame that you wasted the effort on such a crappy console.

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking along the lines of running flashcart-like software as a medium to run the NDS files. I doubt the DSi could run NDS files natively off an SD card, it'd need something to tell it what to do with them.

In any case, we have no idea how the DSi runs things off the SD card until the first DSiWare game comes out. Except by trial and error, which Yasu seems to have succeeded with, if this is legit.

Sonicandtails

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
He can run arbitrary code. All he needs now is to work out a way to launch nds files and that is the end of the DSi protection. Thank you Nintendo for making ROM playing easier than ever. Not only are SD cards cheaper but they are also faster. And we don't need to buy a flashcart either. It's just a shame that you wasted the effort on such a crappy console.
Except, you know, he says he's not going to release anything that allows signed code to boot.

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish you newcomers would read the entire topic.
Plus, Yasu just said he won't make the mistake of letting people pirate games.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I knew it was going to happen was just unsure how long it was going to take. I actually thought it might happen sooner but hey not bad at all
smile.gif

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grimalkin said:
This is Yasu's work, if he can do it, anyone can.

fixed
smile.gif

I say we have a real hack within the next couple weeks by a real programmer
smile.gif

Pazuzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The original post re-translated, since things have been left out in the other translations...

DSiでHelloWorld表示に成功。皆が考えるアノ方法で。実機持ってる方に試して
もらったので動かしたのは私じゃないですが。しかし公開すれば対策が待ってるし
マジコン流行は嫌だしなー。とりあえず本体買わないと。売ってるのだろうか…
CFWできると面白いけど、FWって署名ついてないのかなjk?PSPはどうなってんだろ

"I've succeeded in having the DSi show up a Hello World, using *that* method everyone was thinking of. Well, someone I know with a DSi let me try it out on theirs, so it wasn't technically my DSi that ran it. But if I make the method public it won't take long for counter-measures to be developed, and I don't really want it to turn into a piracy tool either... In any case, I need to buy my own DSi. I hope there are still some available... It'd be great to get a custom firmware up and running, but I'm pretty sure the firmware is signed, haha. I wonder what's going on with the PSP..."

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not going to say anything bad, The DSi is after all another computerize handheld so its possible for it to be hack. I'm just not a hacker >.>

I just want people to keep their mouths shut before Nintendo decide to make a firmware update soon to counter ANY homebrew or flashcart to be used!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: