• Nintendo DS Jargon Dictionary (As is)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DS Acronym Dictionary

• DS Basics

• DS Info Dictionary

• Frequently Used NDS Terminology: From Universal Standards to Proprietary Jargon.

• DS Terms Dictionary

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Touch DIC (Lolwut?)

• DS Quick Reference Guide

• Terms-All-In-One DS (TAIO)

• Total voters

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Just call it this and get it over with...

663360-631909_touchdic_super_large.png

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think anyone on GBAtemp can be classed as average, with a few possible exceptions.
smileipb2.png

Anyway, now...FlashMe is mentioned, does there need to be a mention of SL1?

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! I just noticed a MAJOR oversight. What exactly does DS stand for? According to the big N, ...

"it stands for "Developers' System," since we believe it gives game creators brand new tools which will lead to more innovative games for the world's players.

It can also stand for "Dual Screen."

smile.gif

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mechadylan said:
Whoa! I just noticed a MAJOR oversight. What exactly does DS stand for? According to the big N, ...

"it stands for "Developers' System," since we believe it gives game creators brand new tools which will lead to more innovative games for the world's players.

smile.gif

Yeah, I always thought it was Double/Dual Screen...

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, why has "sdxc" been included? Will the 3DS be SDXC compatible? ... if it's not, this term is currently irrelevant to all things DS. Although I admire the ambitiousness of the inclusion of said term, I feel that it may be misleading to anyone cntrl-f'ing this post.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Evo.lve said:
mechadylan said:

smile.gif

Yeah, I always thought it was Double/Dual Screen...
It was designed to be both, with Developer's System primarily, which was aimed at (surprisingly) the developers. Public used Dual Screen, so it was dependent on which side you were on,
wink.gif

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Both names can be used for it.

When you load up cheats for a game, it reads them out of the main cheat database and then makes a .cc file for that game containing just those codes, so it can load them faster each time after that (since it's not having to look through the whole database to get them).

EDIT: Also, could you change the disadvantage for the Supercard DSTwo to "The onboard processor and such means it eats into your battery life a bit."?
The simple fact that multiple cheats can be saved to one rom as an accessible file via software management, make a .cc file nothing more than a glorified .bat file (batch file.)

After further discussions with a fellow colleague, a .cc file can be nothing more than a "cheat codes" file that is ROM specific (not RAM specific.) A .cc file CANNOT be a "cheat cache" file as the term "cache file" is impossible by definition. Cache is dumped and "power cycled," whereas .cc files are not. It is due to this knowledge that I retract my previous statement that a .cc file is a "cheat cache" file. I now believe that it is a "cheat codes" file; nothing more, nothing less.

Sincerest of apologies to anyone that I may have misled due to my previous assumptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1