Nintendo Direct Gossip

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
inb4 "nintendo sux cuz it copies 360"
Ehh, that is good thing. The 360 controller has won several awards and praise for it's design. It's THE perfect controller. I wouldn't mind playing on a similar controller for the Wii U.

360 is not the perfect controller, It has one of THE worst Dpads of ALL time.

If that's the only negative I'd say the Wii U Pro Controller should be near perfect since it appears to have fixed that issue with a decent DPAD.

Reactions: 1 person

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehh, that is good thing. The 360 controller has won several awards and praise for it's design. It's THE perfect controller. I wouldn't mind playing on a similar controller for the Wii U.

That was fixed a while ago.
I don't remember that, last I checked it was still pretty bad. Hopefully they'll fix it with the 720; after all, if the Wii U did it then they surely can.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States

That was fixed a while ago.
I don't remember that, last I checked it was still pretty bad. Hopefully they'll fix it with the 720; after all, if the Wii U did it then they surely can.
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/productID.224542700?WT.mc_id=mercent&mr:referralID=e2f00368-ade3-11e1-9e8b-001b2166c62d

The 720 should have a better Dpad standard. Nintendo has the perfect Dpad

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually kinda pleased by the controller redesign, looks more iPhone sized than iPad sized, which is good because the controller before looked fucking awful.

But I am not liking how they're already pushing out yet another controller. You know how Sony always plays "gotcha!" with those memory cards? Yeah, hate to say it but Nintendo does that with peripherals. I mean the Wii had the remote, the nunchuck, the Wii Balance Board, the Wii Speak, the Wii Motion Plus, and various other third party peripherals. The 3DS already has the Circle Pad Pro and there's the rumors of the new stylus and front depth camera. The Wii U is already launching with another different controller.

All in all though the console has changed for the better. I still won't buy a console if it's not completely next gen feeling (like if it's still producing just "slightly better" graphics than the Xbox 360/PS3 then I don't see the point) but I probably won't hate it so much. A touchscreen on a controller is a good idea and they've finally changed the design so it's not so goddamn unwieldy.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the TV remote thing. You don't know how much I wished I could just use my damn Wiimote to change channels. Mii Waka Waka (or whatever the fuck it was) seems like an actual change in Online Gaming, instead of having to start up chat parties and stuff to talk with friends, you can do it in the middle of the game. Also, Nintendo better have that second 3DS core burning with this on it too ;) its so nice to see Nintendo not playing console power catch up, like they did with the GCN and Wii (in fact, last time they had the best tech was with the N64 I think.) and actually making a console that seems like a next gen console. The only thing is I hope the menu isn't just floating squares with Miis, something like a solid 3DS-like menu would be awesome too. Also, Todd better get a sub-series to show off the WiiU features >:3

Oh and Guild, the PRO controller is probably more of a second player controller kind of deal, remember, the WiiU tablet isn't the cheapest of controllers and something like this is good for low-budget guys (like myself) to use for parties

D

Deleted User

Actually kinda pleased by the controller redesign, looks more iPhone sized than iPad sized, which is good because the controller before looked fucking awful.

But I am not liking how they're already pushing out yet another controller. You know how Sony always plays "gotcha!" with those memory cards? Yeah, hate to say it but Nintendo does that with peripherals. I mean the Wii had the remote, the nunchuck, the Wii Balance Board, the Wii Speak, the Wii Motion Plus, and various other third party peripherals. The 3DS already has the Circle Pad Pro and there's the rumors of the new stylus and front depth camera. The Wii U is already launching with another different controller.

All in all though the console has changed for the better. I still won't buy a console if it's not completely next gen feeling (like if it's still producing just "slightly better" graphics than the Xbox 360/PS3 then I don't see the point) but I probably won't hate it so much. A touchscreen on a controller is a good idea and they've finally changed the design so it's not so goddamn unwieldy.
It's a good thing console graphics have reached their peek until we get VR.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Now nintendo show me how the wii u interacts with the 3DS and then

TAKE MY DARN MONEY AWAY!!!

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Zantiago, gamecube was not a catching up system. The original Xbox was barely more powerful than the cube and the ps2 was less powerful than the cube. I really wish people would get their facts straight. Nintendo makes one low end system and suddenly all of their consoles are low end

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Iwata said it best. Wii U: Together, better.

*fanboy claps*

Seriously though, Wii U Sports looks like another best seller to me, those baseball catch and ninja star clips kinda blew my mind.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hopefull the option to use the Pro Controller will be available in every game instead of using that damn tablet...but you wait and see it won't be :P

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The controller with the rotating D-Pad is better. I'm actually thinking about buying one just because I got Pac-Man CE DX on my Xbox even though I mainly play PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny