Nintendo Direct Gossip

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I sorta underestimated Nintendo with their online promises.

I have to admit, after watching the Direct, I find that the Wii U changed a lot since E3'11 and Miiverse looks fantastic. The 3DS getting some Miiverse love is also partly why I'm liking it.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Some new details were released today via the Pre E3 Presentation:
-The WiiU Remote or Gamepad can be used as a fully operational Infra-Red Television remote.
-Motion and Gyro sensors have been confirmed
-No need to be sitting in front of the Tv, you can continue playing while another user operates the Tv. There will be High quality graphics on the remote with no lag.
-Wii U Pro Controller to be released, no gamepad, Lighter, resembles an Xbox controller
-WiiUMenu seen at power on, Miis are seen everywhere, you see your Mii, your families miis, your friends, people in your country, people playing the same games as you. Miis gather around tiles, the tiles are shown on the WiiU gamepad for tile selection.
-3Ds like multi-tasking.
-Video chat, through friends list, called Together WiiU.
-MiiVerse/Wara Wara network communication activated anytime with multitasking. Compare scores and help each other out when a user gets stuck.
-Can write and draw instead of typing, add facial expressions and screenshots.
-All games directory, shows all games available.
-MiiVerse/Wara Wara can be intergrated into games, allows comments and other things to show in game.
-App for MiiVerse/Wara Wara in development for: PC, 3Ds, any web enabled mobile device.
-Nintendo Network, shows social integration between 3Ds, WiiU and future consoles.
-Cloud video streaming through Remote to the Console.
-Mario for WiiU confirmed to be in development.
- Miiverse can be used with games that don't feature online interactions

- Wii U internet browser lets you share what's on the Game Pad via your TV
- close a virtual curtain over a TV screen to keep what you're browsing on the Game Pad a secret, reveal when you want to
- plenty of 3DS news coming during 'other upcoming opportunities

half of these features will be japan only so it's pointless to announce it, for example i have a sony bravia, i doubt the wii u would work on my particular model especially if it's not the latest one too (it's not that old mind you) also that new "pro" controller just looks like a classic controller but the button placement is changed for the worse, also will it support rumble feature this time? the previous classic controller never did, also can we still use or classic controller pros with the wii u? i am not forking out more money for another controller, that is for sure.

again, problem with privacy that i have issues with especially with how the internet is going now, if i am private chatting with my boyfriend on the nintendo network and we talk very "private" stuff i don't want everyone on my friends list knowing my business, that is just plain wrong, on the ps3 no one knows what you are typing unless you message them, what are nintendo thinking? seriously? if i am messaging someone, i want that message to only go to them not the whole world lol yeah i am fine with people knowing what i am playing as the 3DS does that when you streetpass with someone but the other stuff? nah.

video chat aswell? that is not like nintendo to do something like that although i guess that could be useful to talk to someone like you do on skype so talk to someone from a different country for free.

i am going to watch all these videos and pray that nintendo don't fk this all up :S (won't hold my breath though)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Some new details were released today via the Pre E3 Presentation:
-The WiiU Remote or Gamepad can be used as a fully operational Infra-Red Television remote.
-Motion and Gyro sensors have been confirmed
-No need to be sitting in front of the Tv, you can continue playing while another user operates the Tv. There will be High quality graphics on the remote with no lag.
-Wii U Pro Controller to be released, no gamepad, Lighter, resembles an Xbox controller
-WiiUMenu seen at power on, Miis are seen everywhere, you see your Mii, your families miis, your friends, people in your country, people playing the same games as you. Miis gather around tiles, the tiles are shown on the WiiU gamepad for tile selection.
-3Ds like multi-tasking.
-Video chat, through friends list, called Together WiiU.
-MiiVerse/Wara Wara network communication activated anytime with multitasking. Compare scores and help each other out when a user gets stuck.
-Can write and draw instead of typing, add facial expressions and screenshots.
-All games directory, shows all games available.
-MiiVerse/Wara Wara can be intergrated into games, allows comments and other things to show in game.
-App for MiiVerse/Wara Wara in development for: PC, 3Ds, any web enabled mobile device.
-Nintendo Network, shows social integration between 3Ds, WiiU and future consoles.
-Cloud video streaming through Remote to the Console.
-Mario for WiiU confirmed to be in development.
- Miiverse can be used with games that don't feature online interactions

- Wii U internet browser lets you share what's on the Game Pad via your TV
- close a virtual curtain over a TV screen to keep what you're browsing on the Game Pad a secret, reveal when you want to
- plenty of 3DS news coming during 'other upcoming opportunities

half of these features will be japan only so it's pointless to announce it, for example i have a sony bravia, i doubt the wii u would work on my particular model especially if it's not the latest one too (it's not that old mind you) also that new "pro" controller just looks like a classic controller but the button placement is changed for the worse, also will it support rumble feature this time? the previous classic controller never did, also can we still use or classic controller pros with the wii u? i am not forking out more money for another controller, that is for sure.

again, problem with privacy that i have issues with especially with how the internet is going now, if i am private chatting with my boyfriend on the nintendo network and we talk very "private" stuff i don't want everyone on my friends list knowing my business, that is just plain wrong, on the ps3 no one knows what you are typing unless you message them, what are nintendo thinking? seriously? if i am messaging someone, i want that message to only go to them not the whole world lol yeah i am fine with people knowing what i am playing as the 3DS does that when you streetpass with someone but the other stuff? nah.

video chat aswell? that is not like nintendo to do something like that although i guess that could be useful to talk to someone like you do on skype so talk to someone from a different country for free.

i am going to watch all these videos and pray that nintendo don't fk this all up :S (won't hold my breath though)
I stopped right there.

Why would half of these be Japan-only when the direct was made in English by Satoru Iwata himself and even labelled as a Pre-E3 direct when E3 is a western event?

Reactions: 3 people

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I stopped right there.

Why would half of these be Japan-only when the direct was made in English by Satoru Iwata himself and even labelled as a Pre-E3 direct when E3 is a western event?

erm, because nintendo hate europe? do you really think we will get everything worldwide? there is always restrictions, western yes for american, you see europe and the uk is a small island that nintendo and the rest of the world seems to forget about, but i don't expect you to understand that as you live in japan! lol

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
"-MiiVerse/Wara Wara network communication activated anytime with multitasking. Compare scores and help each other out when a user gets stuck."

Please Nintendo, dont do a sony-like trophies stuff

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I stopped right there.

erm, because nintendo hate europe? do you really think we will get everything worldwide? there is always restrictions, western yes for american, you see europe and the uk is a small island that nintendo and the rest of the world seems to forget about, but i don't expect you to understand that as you live in japan! lol
I don't live in Japan, I'm just going there for about 3 months - hence the flag change.

However it should be worth noting that NoE has a Japanese leader (I don't know how to say it. CEO? COO?)
Some localizations never made it to the States and only arrived in Europe.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your post is written as if the US was a part of Japan...
None of the features shown in the video can be Japan-only since the video was aimed at an American audience.
1. I highly doubt that the controller wouldn't work with a Sony TV. If it's a universal remote, there's absolutely no reason why they would emit Sony TVs. I remember way back when you could use universal remotes with the original Xbox DVD receiver, you could use universal remotes (even Sony-branded) to control it.
2. Why wouldn't they have private messaging? That would be a stupid thing to not have.
3. Video chat's not that abnormal for Nintendo. Pokemon B/W on DSi tried the same thing (although it wasn't that great and I don't think anyone used it).

Reactions: 3 people

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I stopped right there.

Nintendo hates Europe?!?! Bullshit! you guys got Pandora's Tower, Last story AND Xenoblade FIRST! Hell, The PAL region is the only region still giving the Wii any respect and treating that console as if it's not dead yet. -just saying.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
"-MiiVerse/Wara Wara network communication activated anytime with multitasking. Compare scores and help each other out when a user gets stuck."

Please Nintendo, dont do a sony-like trophies stuff

there is a high chance they will because it's very popular, nintendo never cared about it in the past but i guess that will start to change with the wii U, not much we can do about it.

I don't live in Japan, I'm just going there for about 3 months - hence the flag change.

However it should be worth noting that NoE has a Japanese leader (I don't know how to say it. CEO? COO?)
Some localizations never made it to the States and only arrived in Europe.

ok, didn't know you were only staying there temporary, yes i know that the CEO of europe is japanese, i can give you a example of how we are treated, pokedex 3D pro (or whatever it''s called) has no release date in europe, but for usa and japan you can buy it on certain release date! there was another game that i watched on nintendo direct that was not available in europe either, this kind of treatment will continue into the Wii U release, for example a app comes out on their store or something, american and japan get it but in europe and uk we have to wait 1 month later, we all know it's going to happen, that is why i am very skeptical that they can get the tv remote feature working on all tv models and regions, i will try and hold judgement but i won't hold my breath.

Your post is written as if the US was a part of Japan...
None of the features shown in the video can be Japan-only since the video was aimed at an American audience.
1. I highly doubt that the controller wouldn't work with a Sony TV. If it's a universal remote, there's absolutely no reason why they would emit Sony TVs. I remember way back when you could use universal remotes with the original Xbox DVD receiver, you could use universal remotes (even Sony-branded) to control it.
2. Why wouldn't they have private messaging? That would be a stupid thing to not have.
3. Video chat's not that abnormal for Nintendo. Pokemon B/W on DSi tried the same thing (although it wasn't that great and I don't think anyone used it).

nope, never said that, i said japan and usa think they are the only continent on earth and no one else matters

nintendo are a japenese company, just because it shows a feature in a american trailer it doesn't mean that the rest of the world will get it.

1: like i said before we will wait and see if they can get this thing working on all model types and brands and in all regions, but i won't hold my breath.

2: fair enough, the way i understood it is all of your friends list could see what you are talking about to one person on your list, i hope i understood it wrong.

3: it's the first time nintendo have used video chat on a console, that's what i meant, not for handheld devices.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just like the fact that Nintendo is taking on FaceBook and Skype at the same time. I really hope the apps for the gamepad will also be as exciting. It would be nice to have eBook reading and maybe some sort of cloud computing :D

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Facebook and Skype would be good Applications for both WiiU and 3DS. This new console could be the bridge between mobile gaming and console gaming, and could have great results.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Facebook and Skype would be good Applications for both WiiU and 3DS. This new console could be the bridge between mobile gaming and console gaming, and could have great results.
I hope both applications will come.

But did you notice that the Wii U browser actually supports video?

Also, the browser is shown not to have much icons (like the zoom in, zoom out icons on the 3DS/DSi browser). Is it multitouch? Doubt it, since it uses a styli.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I hope both applications will come.

But did you notice that the Wii U browser actually supports video?

Also, the browser is shown not to have much icons (like the zoom in, zoom out icons on the 3DS/DSi browser). Is it multitouch? Doubt it, since it uses a styli.

probably, when we touch the screen, the icons appear, when we release the screen, they "auto-hide". (But I not saw this on the video)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[quote name='chris888222' timestamp='1338818366' post='4245471] Is it multitouch? Doubt it, since it uses a styli.[/quote]
resistive screen only support one point of contact

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
[quote name='Joe88' timestamp='1338819526' post='4245482']
[quote name='chris888222' timestamp='1338818366' post='4245471] Is it multitouch? Doubt it, since it uses a styli.[/quote]
[/quote]
Yes, that's why I say I doubt it's multitouch since most resistive touchscreens uses styli.

Exception being the Galaxy Note, that is.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[quote name='Joe88' timestamp='1338819526' post='4245482']
[/quote]

There are many multitouch resistive screens. The DSLite had one as well as many Chinese Android tablets. I would not be surprised if the Wii-U GamePad had a multitouch screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: