OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
image279.png

QUOTE said:
Looks like Zangeki no Reginleiv's black box isn't a one-time thing. Nintendo will be making sure that all Wii games rated CERO C and up will come in black boxes. Wondering what other games in Japan would qualify for this color scheme if they were reprinted? Ghost Squad, Disaster: Day of Crisis and WWE 2008 Smackdown vs. Raw. Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers, and No More Heroes just to name a few. No word on any similar changes for North America or Europe.

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/01/21/wii-g...et-black-boxes/

D

Deleted_171835

Meh.

I'd rather the black boxes for normal games!
nyanya.gif
It looks 'better' then the plain white boxes.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kind of doubt this will help anyone. If the parent was ignorant enough to buy an M game for their kid they wouldn't care what color box it came in.

I think it looks better though.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm going to colour code every pedo, just to warn parents.

Back on topic, they don't need to do this, parents can read age ratings, can't they?

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
for germany the usk prints logos on the game boxes which nearly make up 25 percent of the front area of the cases, and the most parents don't care actually, or just don't know what this symbols are meaning. nevertheless, i doubt that this will take any effect on the behavior of parents.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Chances are the parents won't have a clue what the different colour means anyway. It actually does look better than the plain white boxes.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh how pathetic, how utterly freaking pathetic!
glare.gif

Are parents and/or people to ignorant or lazy to look at the ratings logo, which may I add is extremely obvious on any game box!

Now we have to make it easier (More like Lazier
closedeyes.gif
) for them because they can't take the 5-15 seconds to look at the rating logo, and look at the contents on the back/front next to that rating logo, by color coding the boxes!

Oh wait I forgot, this won't solve anything. People will still continue to ignore the box color and the ESRB/CERO/Whatever it is in your country, and will then be stunned at how graphic Grand Theft Mario is and will demand that Nintendo not sell it anymore, or release a patch making every gun turn into a watergun which when a person is hit by they smile and pick flowers instead.

Good freaking lord....I think a huge part of my faith in society worldwide has just died. I almost wonder if it was there to begin with.

I need to take this rage thats building up in me on something
hate2.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes parents will remain as ignorant as ever, but occasionally one might ask why this case is a different color than all the others.
Then the clerk will have to tell them it signifies the game is Mature.
So I think it will help a little.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Which parent acuatually looks at the rating of a video game anymore?

Plenty, they'll acknowledge it, and proceed to ignore it because they know their child will just play the games at their friends house anyway.

If you ask me, that too is bad parenting practice, because you're failing to teach your child about taboo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*