Gaming Nintendo changed up their advertising for the Wii U with three new commercials.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,159
  • Replies 45
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted_171835

OP

rXaSuZl.png

nintendo, what are you doing. stahp it please.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
1 - Get a bunch of people.
2 - Toss them in front of the Wii U and record them.
3 - Pick the ones that you think sound the best, show them.
4 - Profit from people who see the commercials wanting to know what's different and taking an actual interest in what sets your product apart.

inb4 "LOL RHYDAEN YOU FORGTO ??? STEP"

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
These are a different take than the usual CFs I've been seeing on the TV. I have seen something like these, Nintendo of Korea has a few CFs like this, where they just get (famous) people and record their gameplay and reactions.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
To be fair, I think this campaign is directed at the idiots current Wii owners who are not aware of the fact that the Wii U is a brand-new system. They seem to stress the word upgrade a lot so that the less sharp crayons in the crayon box get it.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Oh. So I guess we're not reaching out to the core gamers anymore, we're back to family-oriented gaming? :tpi:

Nintendo found that "hardcore gamers" didn't prove to be as receptive to the dubstep as they initially thought.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 - Get a bunch of people.
2 - Toss them in front of the Wii U and record them.
3 - Pick the ones that you think sound the best, show them.
4 - Profit from people who see the commercials wanting to know what's different and taking an actual interest in what sets your product apart.

inb4 "LOL RHYDAEN YOU FORGTO ??? STEP"
Don't forget the step where Nintendo pays them to enjoy the Wii U :creep:.

I'll stop now.

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't forget the step where Nintendo pays them to enjoy the Wii U :creep:.

I'll stop now.
I would enjoy the Wii U very flipping much if I got it for free. Ninty, you hear me? I can star in your Polish commercials, I'll gladly do that! :tpi:
well. I'm a ninty fanboy and even I'm starting to lose faith in Nintendo's attempts at making the Wii-U actually catered towards gamers, and not families.
Gamers tend to like games, Nintendo should try that approach. :tpi:

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rather than making awful ads that are aimed at getting people to recognize that their new console is actually an entirely different machine than its predecessor, maybe they should hire some new people in the naming division (I assume they need a whole division to come up with such awful names). Actually giving your console a new name rather than a single new letter would do amazing things in convincing people that it's a new item.

I mean, 3DS, Wii U? If I was an uneducated consumer, I would guess that these aren't in anyway new from the DS and the Wii.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Rather than making awful ads that are aimed at getting people to recognize that their new console is actually an entirely different machine than its predecessor, maybe they should hire some new people in the naming division (I assume they need a whole division to come up with such awful names). Actually giving your console a new name rather than a single new letter would do amazing things in convincing people that it's a new item.

I mean, 3DS, Wii U? If I was an uneducated consumer, I would guess that these aren't in anyway new from the DS and the Wii.
Here's an idea...

Wii 2

*cue applause*

Was that so hard Nintendo?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Here's an idea...

Wii 2

*cue applause*

Was that so hard Nintendo?
You don't even need to be so blunt with the name itself - Microsoft wasn't with the XBox 360 and people understood that it's a new system. All Nintendo has to do is be frank in their adverts. Yes, Nintendo - be blunt, say "brand new gaming system" or something, differentiate it from the old one because idiots are still confused.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I think we should go back to classic Nintendo naming and just rename the Wii U to the Super Duper Nintendo Entertainment System. The SDNES is sure to be a major hit.

Reactions: fossda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol