Nintendo announces mobile Dr. Mario game, Dr. Mario World

Nintendo has announced that a new Dr. Mario title, 'Dr. Mario World', will be coming to mobile devices later this year. This announcement comes with the news that Nintendo has established a partnership with LINE Corporation. LINE is known for publishing the game 'Cookie Run', as well as numerous mobile applications.

The application will be free-to-play, with optional in-app purchases. It is planned to release on iOS and Android in early Summer.

:arrow: Source

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Is this the same LINE that operates that chat client and WebToon?
Yes, it's the very same. They've done some collaborations with Nintendo in the past where they've made and offered Nintendo game sticker sets for their chat service. Last time I used it (which was years ago), they had Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing, Pokemon, Kirby, and Splatoon sets.

Reactions: smileyhead

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a really good idea. Puzzle games make perfect sense on mobile, where you often just want something to play for a few minutes while you're on the bus or waiting for something/someone.

You can easily bypass root checks with Magisk.

I'd play that. Generally puzzle games aren't my thing, but Tetris Attack, Puyo Puyo and Bubble Bobble are some notable exceptions to that. There are already a million Bubble Bobble clones on mobile, but last time I checked there wasn't an exact clone of Puyo Puyo or Tetris Attack.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Until now, Nintendo's Mobile Games were quite fun. For a few minutes at least. Or weeks in the case of FE:H. Of course, that's just what I think.
Also, here's hoping for a world wide launch of a mobile game. Never thought, I had to say that...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay...I'm interested. Not too happy for it being free (honestly: I like paying up front rather than all this DLC and upgrade packs everywhere), but I think I'll manage. I'll certainly try this one. :)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
my my my how nintendo have fallen far from grace
You say that as if F2P games are the only ones they release, and as if they haven't released other F2P mobile games previously. Nobody charges more than a couple bucks for any mobile game anyway.

Developing these games alongside their standard ones is a smart move for Nintendo. Seemingly transitioning from PC to the mobile space for one of their IPs was a dumb move by Blizzard, for contrast.

Last edited by Xzi,
D

Deleted User

So are we gonna get Dr Mario for Switch or is Nintendo pulling a Blizzard?

CoolStarDood

Trophies
Everywhere and nowwhere at the same time o__0
XP
Country
United States
So are we gonna get Dr Mario for Switch or is Nintendo pulling a Blizzard?
I don't see how that's a accurate comparison.

Dr. Mario seems like the perfect mobile game (casual, puzzle, etc), whereas Diablo is the exact opposite.

(Also, Dr. Mario is kinda already on switch, with NES online, but that doesn't really count)

TheDukeOfNukem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
tbh Dr. Mario is probably the most perfect series for Nintendo to have jump over to phones.

Way too little content to justify a full price release, probably not enough interest to really get a lot of sales either, but as "The Latest Mobile Nintendo Game" it might do alright, hopefully.

I'll give it a go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel