Nintendo 64 accessory 64Mate begins its Kickstarter campaign

e63a2ea8d19e0faec882c33431ac7e6b_original.jpg

Are you willing to pledge money for better storage of your Nintendo 64 peripherals? That's the question asked by Australian Shane Battye, as he kicks off his Kickstarter campaign for the 64Mate. The 64Mate is designed to house accessories and games by acting as a storage caddy and attaching itself to the bottom of your Nintendo 64 console. They can also be stacked, if you want to create a Frankenstein level tower of Nintendo 64-related goodness that reaches the heavens. If you're interested in the project, it costs just under $50 USD to back it, with $4,000 currently reached out of a goal of $38,000, at the time of writing.

:arrow: Source

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather put money towards a GPD WIN Max.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't wait to pledge AU$6,000 to get 100 fucking plastic boxes

$6,000!? One of my bills is worth that much in AU dollars!?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To make this worth while, they need to think outside the box, put a mechanical rotary system, add a LCD screen, you choose what game you what, and it will automatically spin and inject out a little for you to grab.

Sounds like something Mr. Stark would make...

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Damn, someone already pledged AU$1,500 for a 64DD included with two of the plastic -useless- boxes.

That was the only worth component of the pledges, all in all.

Maybe next time... or not...

Last edited by CMDreamer,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have called it '128' Mate,
At least it would Rhyme, but 50 buck$ would be a Crime

No surprise , it's from down under
Left in awe, and makes me Wonder
The 64 in all it's Glory
Lives on and gains another Storey
So let's not all get in a Huff
It's somewhere cool, to store your stuff

Alt names, 64 Drawer, 64 Store ...Ninten-Drawer, Ninten-Store, well they Rhyme at least :)

Not Keen, on the colour scheme (apologies still feeling poetic),
Base looks great, the big white sticker hmmm needs some work, personally it would be the
first thing to go.

Keep the Ninty Font and colours for consistency, change the drawer handle to something that
resembles the outer of the controller socket i.e. nice Grey raised framed, circular inset hole.

Base looks great though, Good Luck, nice idea
This should have a lot more likes but I guess no one heard the music in their head.

It’s hilarious and creative.

Reactions: Kru5h

nitrostemp

Trophies
XP
Country
this is intended not to store games, but more like OSSC and capture card equipment, also you can put a itx pc in it.

vree

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes because with that thing on the bottom my N64 will look great....

Also it will probably hit the top of the shelve it's on...

Who even thinks this is a good idea? it's as horrible as those switch storage boxes you put at the bottom...

Reactions: Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is intended not to store games, but more like OSSC and capture card equipment, also you can put a itx pc in it.
Then why not just make it as a a replacement lower shell that woud make it easier for hdmi/rgb board installation and all-in-one housing of upscaler/output devices? It would have a lower profile than this monstrosity and be far more useful than just being able to store 8 loose carts.
Most of my N64 collection is CiB, but the small percentage that is loose carts would still require at least 3 of these things to home everything. Wait... are they stackable? If it weren't for the price, that feature alone would be luhlz-worthy enough to consider getting a few.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you willing to pledge money for better storage of your Nintendo 64 peripherals?
hell no $50 for a plastic box i can go to the reject shop and pick up a plastic box for about $5! he is only like 25 years too late to release this! this guy is making us look stupid :glare:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: vree

CactusMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I´m looking for a apparatus to mount my N64 on that can hold 27 games, the left overs from diner and 24 cans of ice cold beer.

I´ll have to pass on this one.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I get what they are trying to do cartridge wise. The only thing that won't work is an OSSC because it needs to be switched on from the inside though a power switch and I doubt the IR receiver of the OSSC is capable of receiving a signal because the front panel is blocking it. So unless someone would drill a hole in that front "clear" panel, it would make no sense to house one in there. I'm sure the Retrotink would work just fine unless you need to access ports and or buttons on it.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally this comes out now my living room no longer needs to be littered with a few 64 games. But I think people are not getting this idea it's convenient to pack up and bring places instead of fumbling around . Curious though if the Kickstarter mentioned anything about a time machine as well because without that this is pretty useless

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.