1. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

Burkina Faso
    If I remember right kickstarter does take a big cut, but jesus they could go into early stages of a cheap shitty android console with the amount of money earned. Maybe I'm in the wrong business if people are willing to give a million dollars just to remaster a game.

2. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Got go work - but who cares how much profit someone makes least we get our games noone should giv a cows arse

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Getting blocked by Hideki Kamiya is literally the easiest thing in the world, it's harder not to be blocked. Not worth paying any money for.

I know some people wanted Wonderful 101 to be ported, so they're gonna be happy about this. I got the game for free as part of a deal where anyone who bought Mario Kart 8 could choose a free download code from a list which included Wonderful 101 and Pikmin 3 among others. No idea why they were just giving away games like that. Anyway, I didn't care that much for it myself, seems like a well made game, just not my cup of tea.

Pretty sure you're baiting but anyway... The Wii U is worse in every aspect (gimmicky, bulky gamepad, less powerful, harder to develop for, not portable, almost no third party games, no Pokemon, no proper 3D Mario, it was a commercial failure, not to mention the gamepad use in certain games like Star Fox Zero actually detracts from the game, to the degree that they would actually play better if ported to the Switch)
    Nintendo tried to keep the Wii U alive but when it was apparent the 3rd parties were not on board and they probably never would be, and without the 3rd parties the Wii U would never be a commercial success, they had to cut their losses and move on.

4. relauby

relauby Contributor
    Contributor

Canada
    If Nintendo ports Pikmin 3, I think that'll be every Wii U game I cared about ported over now. I held onto my Wii U for a while because I wasn't sure if I'd get to play Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Wonderful 101 anywhere else, but that's taken care of now.

5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    I rather see a new Pikmin than a port of Pikmin 3. I really hated the controls of it to be honest.

6. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    the xbox one and wii u are a part of the same generation lol

7. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    And both are apparently failures!

8. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    the xbox one is still supported and forced microsoft to improve themselves, nintendo learned nothing and are still a hell of a toxic company

but yeah both failed to varying degrees

9. adilucky3

adilucky3 Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    please port nier automata to switch

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    The Xbox One is by no means a weakling, total sales are around 46 million to date, putting it ahead of some "cult classics" like the GC and the N64, as well as the original Xbox, and with a rather healthy margin as well. Of course the demographics are a little different than in the past, however we mustn't forget that Microsoft has almost no presence in Asia, particularly Japan, whereas Nintendo and Sony do. Few people play on an Xbox in that region of the world, and that's hard to turn around. The One didn't repeat the massive success of the 360 and the original design was rather unappealing, but the S and the X are very well-designed systems, some of my favourites in terms of build quality. Hopefully this generation was a learning experience for Microsoft, but overall I'd say that the Xbox One is a significantly better system than the Wii U ever was - the old geezer was ill-conceived and built based on truly outdated hardware. The Switch is its natural evolution and a much better attempt at a "hybrid console", which is just a polite way to say "handheld with an HDMI Out".

11. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    :huh:I'm confused by everyone saying it was a great game I feel like I'm the only one who must have actually owned it on the Wii U then:unsure:

12. fvig2001

fvig2001 GBAtemp Regular

It's good for people that want to try it. I didn't really like it on the Wii U. There was just so much going on onscreen that I was getting confused on where my character was. Hopefully it's still dual audio and I hope they add some improvements like more secret characters.

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I'm glad it's no longer locked to a dead console, maybe now I'll play it on PC

14. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Insta-backed :)

15. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Re "why do a crowdfunding effort when you have investors?"

It is always nicer to spend someone else's money, also that shows interest to future investors in a way a survey (cost of entry is 2 seconds to click yes I would like) or preorders.

Anyway I generally approve of fewer exclusives in the world.

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Great for fan people that are going to get it. Congratulations but I don't find this game fun and entertainment. Not my thing. Never liked it. I will pass, thought. To be honest, I disliked the characters's appearance and such.

17. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    So there goes the last exclusive that was worth owning a Wii U for.
    *Press "4" to pay respect

18. seanp2500

seanp2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Big fan of platinum loved bayonetta and vanquish. Astral chain is great. But somehow this game slipped past my radar. Can anyone give me objective opinion? Worth playing wii u? Wait for switch? Or just stay away?

19. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u Just Another Shitposter

Poland
    Normally i would be angry that another game loses exlusivity but it's Wii u so i actually feel happy about it anyway i am gonna try the ps4 version Or-at-least-pirate-pc-version

20. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    yeah and because of that we see publishers asking for money before releasing on an increasing basis and it's an upcoming trend. I don't agree that it isn't their fault to begin with since in the past not a single company asked money for a port or other stuff while now we keep seeing it more and more meaning it's becoming quite a normal thing to do so while it's not

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kickstarter, Wonderful, Platinum