1. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Wii U ports on Switch: oh cool
    Wii U ports on PS4 and PC: FUCK YES THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!

2. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    Switch has a more practical gimmick, better marketing which has lead to better sales and more support from third parties. The Wii U was, for all intents and purposes, a console box with a tablet controller far too big to be practical, and a beta for the Switch. If Nintendo were Sega, the Wii U would be the Sega CD+32X, having some good games, but a lot of it being ports of games that no one went out of their way for to get when they had a 360 or PS3 that played those same games just fine. The Switch has the best of the previous generation so far, which would make it akin to some sort of hybrid of Saturn/Dreamcast...which reminds me about when she's going to take me for a ride...

banjo2 likes this.
  3. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Ninty treated the Wii u with so much care and love and supported it till the last second. They never had to give it note you know. As for don't, they abandoned the vita two years into release, they fucked it up with a way too high pricetag and the dumbest sd cards to ever exist.

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    yeah i dont get it either, tencent invest so they can self publish, and yet they need a kickstarter so they release a remaster...

5. James_

James_ Am I a cat?

United Kingdom
    I feel like they don't give a shit about XBOX One anymore because, you know.

6. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

With the target hit so quickly, part of me hopes that at least Platinum will consider a sequel in the future. I hope this doesn't end up like other Kickstarter games where this suffers from delays dues to making too many stretch goals or even add Xbox release as the final stretch goal.

7. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So you pay the kickstarter fee. £28 approx. And you get Switch, Steam, Ps4 and all DLC?

8. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Because the XBOX One is the WiiU of this generation.

James_ likes this.
  9. LightBeam

LightBeam GBAtemp Regular

France
    [​IMG]

10. linuxares

Sweden
  11. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
  12. linuxares

Sweden
    Well they got all sourcecode, assets etc. I can't imagine it being that hard to add extra stuff to it.

Also the best perk "Get Blocked on Twitter By Kamiya"

13. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I loved the game when I played it back then, but no plans to play it on any platform so won't support the project. However, if I did.. this would be my first Kickstarter that I would fund.

14. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Netherlands
    It's easy to click "yes" on a survey without any intention to actually buy the game. It probably is at least partially for publicity too though. As for the date, apparently the engine Platinum uses is just very easy to port to different platforms.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  15. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    In a survey one would get those who like now backed the kickstarter annnd pirates xd.

16. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    It's def not a good thing that people donated such a large amount. It will only make it so that companies will see that as an extra way to earn profit for their shareholders and if people donate such large sums then other companies will see that and start doing the same shit more and more till it becomes the norm. Paying for a idea and pay if the idea gets realized.

17. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    If they can afford good on em - more money pumped in the industry the better - people assume the money go's into other peoples pockets if thts the case can you prove it to me

18. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Prove to me it goes in to the industry itself. I didn't make a claim about anyone his/her pockets. You're making a claim so i don't have to prove anything but you do seeing you're making the claims and not me. Where did i say anything of that sort ? I didn't, don"t twist

19. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    This is more of a special case, because it's Platinum, and they tend to carry quite the fanbase. Not to mention the game is already complete, and this is just a port job. Kickstarters being ridiculously overfunded quickly isn't their fault either nor a trend they're setting--it happened with Shenmue 3, and it happened with Bloodstained, Yooka Laylee, and Psychonauts 2, and Pillars of Eternity. I'd rather we get these kickstarter games than not, because even if they aren't as good as promised, chances are, we wouldn't have them at all without the crowdfunding.

Skelletonike likes this.
  20. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    You said it's not a good thing for people to donate large amounts of cash in other words something dodgy go's on

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Kickstarter, Wonderful, Platinum