New Nintendo Switch Joy-Con accessory 'Grip Clip' to launch Kickstarter campaign

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Jul 21, 2019.

Front-page
    gc banner.JPG
    Launching as a Kickstarter campaign this July 24th is the Grip Clip. This Nintendo Switch accessory aims to provide added comfort to the Nintendo Switch Joy-Cons and the company claims it feels "truly amazing in your hands". How much of that is true remains to be seen but when we were contacted by the creator, this project seemed interesting enough to keep an eye out for.

Grip Clip - Back view.
    Grip Clip - Handheld 03. Grip Clip - Controller 03. Grip Clip - Split Joy-Con 01. Grip Clip - Split Joy-Con 02.
    As its name suggests, the Grip Clip clips on each Joy-Con to provide a better and more ergonomic grip for your gameplay sessions. It is also designed in such a way that makes it compatible in both handheld and docked mode.

There is no word about the pricing at the time of writing but the official website does mention early bird discount. In any case, expect more details on the Kickstarter campaign linked below when it launched this July 24th.

:arrow: Grip Clip Official Website
    :arrow: Grip Clip Kickstarter Campaign

Discussion (56 replies)
  1. supergamer368

supergamer368 this isn’t bookworm adventures deluxe

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Zanzibar Island, 5:00 PM
    As nice as that looks, it’s only worth it if you don’t have a pro controller. No way would I be using those on the go, my switch wouldn’t fit in my case nor would the grips fit in the accessory pouch.

2. H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.

Nov 2, 2016
    United States
    Earth, bro-dude.
    I might jump on the train, but I think I can re-purpose some 3DS grips....so...

Arithmatics likes this.
  3. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    Very nice. Looks like good quality plastic as well. I feel like it may be a tad too big though.

SlasherGamer21 likes this.
  4. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Plus it seems to be useless if you ever need to use the joycons sideways which is a whole other problem for anyone with hands larger than a toddler

IncredulousP likes this.
  5. khaeroup

khaeroup Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2013
    Italy
    IncredulousP, Xzi, hurrz and 6 others like this.
  6. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    eh... Not for me.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    there is lots of grips out there already so meh.

8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This looks like a good alternative to the GripCase, but you'd still have to get a pouch that will fit them. The pouch designed for the GripCase would likely fit this too, the shape and size is similar.

SpiffyJUNIOR, Oniman and H1B1Esquire like this.
  9. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein There's hope for a Xenosaga port.

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    I wonder when will we see a Kickstarter campaing for a DriftFix™ addon. You know, one by one somebody has to fix Nintendo's fuckups.

10. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 12, 2009
    I would still prefer a pro controller thanks to the larger joystick,

11. p1ngpong

p1ngpong Anti Switch Owners

Former Staff
    Apr 18, 2008
    Croatia
    DS Scene
    Shame that the switch is so poorly designed that kickstarters need to be created just to address its fundamental design flaws. :sad:

12. LuigiSuperStarSaga

LuigiSuperStarSaga GBAtemp Regular

Feb 23, 2018
    Brazil
    The site has a link for happy chick, iirc it has ROMs in the app, remove the link
    Wrong thread

13. simbin

simbin GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2015
    United States
    Looks like cheap rubber coated plastic that will turn into a sticky mess in a year or two.

14. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    I believe they were purposely going for a slim design. if you wanted some grips you would buy the dlc - joycon grips.

[​IMG]

15. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    I have cheap chinese silicone grips, they work ok. As far as i know this silicone grips was originally part of kickstarter project.

16. burial

burial GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2018
    United States
    I just hacked up the grip that came with the Switch and glued them directly to my joycons.

Also I already have a set of grips similar to these that came from a chinese website...

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  17. ROMANREIGNS599

ROMANREIGNS599 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2017
    United States
    Nintendo!!!! Fix the damn cheap but expensive joy cons. Just make a literal announcement of an announcement

MarkDarkness likes this.
  18. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Aren't there already like a lot of accessories similar to this are sold? I even have a skull and co grips and my friend has that mumba grips.

19. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yup there are tons of stuff like this the only diference i can see is that it can be adapted to the joycon grip too to play in tv mode, which is kinda useless because if you prefer doing alot of tv mode just get a pro controller lol.