1. 9,295

Front-page
    aya.JPG
    In January, the team behind the AMD-based handheld gaming PC, AYA NEO, announced their Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign and said that it would launch in early February. However, this launch was delayed to an unspecified date until today when the company revealed that their campaign will finally launch on March 6, 2021 at 11 am CST. The Super Early Bird perk, which is limited to 42 units, offers a 500 GB model of the device for $699. Otherwise, 500 GB units will cost $789 while 1 TB models are priced at $869 for the campaign (it is currently not known if more models will be available after the IGG campaign but if that's the case, they are likely to be sold for a higher price). If you want to know the different launch times based on other time zones in order to catch the Super Early Bird discount, take a look at the details provided by the company:

time zones.JPG

Unlike the transparent model that was available on the Chinese market, the IGG version of the AYA NEO comes in two colors, the black Dark Star (500 GB & 1 TB) and the white Light Moon (1 TB only).

aya neo models.JPG
    In addition to the device itself, the IGG campaign will also enable backers to purchase dedicated accessories for their AYA NEO. There's a $47 dock that features additional ports and microSD and SD slots, a $4.9 tempered glass screen protector, $4.9 joystick caps, $22.9 carry case and a $9.9 grip.

aya dock.JPG
    aya grips.JPG aya tempered glass.JPG aya caps.JPG aya case.JPG

As is usual with crowdfunding campaigns, caution is advised before deciding to back this device. It's worth noting that the black and white IGG models are only renders and no actual models with such cases have been shared. As for the transparent case models that do exist, YouTuber The Phawx mentioned that his consumer model has a CNC mold (which is used in pre-production models) while other reviewers note that theirs aren't CNC molds. The AYA NEO team has also had several delays in producing and delivering units in China. However, they do seem to eventually catch up, albeit at a slower pace than expected since they are a small team working on an ambitious product, with some even reportedly sleeping in the factory to keep things moving.

:arrow: SOURCE

2. Discussion (62 replies)

3. Prans

OP Prans Geek, gamer, human
    Senior Editor

4. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    Pfft, whatever, I bought a 3080 AND a PS5 launch week all by myself so this will be easy sauce ;O;

5. Anon_Cypher_

Anon_Cypher_ GBAtemp Regular

Lebanon
    Lucky you.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  6. Flame

Flame Me > You

this is nice.... but something is just off about it.

7. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    A ton of youtubers have been testing all three of the "switch-inspired" handheld PCs and this one looks to be the best of them. Steep price but if you want a switch-like Steam experience it looks like this one will deliver.

lordelan likes this.
  8. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Looks like another Nintendo lawsuit waiting to happen. Idk why these developers use identical hardware from Nintendo.

9. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".
    Former Staff

Croatia
    The opaque casings are looking good. Transparent plastic is brittle as hell, and also starts changing color pretty much immediately.

10. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I really do like how that clear one looks. I don't understand why the clear and translucent color devices that we saw with GBC, GBA, N64 and those old Macs went out of style. I still love that look.

Scott_pilgrim and wicksand420 like this.
  11. mathew77

mathew77 Lovin' life.

Kazakhstan
    Nice one, but I prefer full-size gaming laptop for a (semi-) portable 'nouveau' PC gaming.

PS: ..actually prefer PC retrogaming.

12. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

This could be the next Smach Z, jajajaja. Not even with your wallet.

putamierda likes this.
  13. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Another portable device that few will actually buy.

Identical how? It's AMD-based hardware, not NVIDIA. The device has a completely different aesthetic. Docks for portable devices have been a thing for a long time, and this dock looks completely different and has Ethernet and an extra USB-C. It doesn't look like those controllers are removable. Also, the thing is built for Windows and Linux. Looks more like a giant, overpowered PSP with a dock than it does a Switch in my eyes.

Last edited by Delerious, Mar 5, 2021
    Scott_pilgrim and Rahkeesh like this.
  14. MasterJ360

United States
    aside from the bottom buttons that 1st pic looks exactly like my clear shelled switch. Controllers aren't removable.... the switch-lite is a thing

15. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah, I see it now.

16. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    >Implying Nintendo came up with it first.

There are literally devices from over a decade ago that were "Tablets with controllers on the each side", it's an extremely common design and Nintendo sure as shit didn't just come up with it on their own. Might as well say "LOL NINTENDO COPIED THE JXD S7100 I HOPE THEY GET SUED BY JXD!" :rolleyes:

17. MasterJ360

United States
    You and I both know Nintendo will come up with something to sue. They won a case toward some company that made their controllers similar to a joycon design. If you have shit ton of money you can trademark designs just as a simple logo:yaywii:

18. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I simply 'must' resist

19. Obveron

Obveron GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I would have put the headphone port on the bottom. With it on the top the cord will be in the way.

20. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops

United States
    It looks appealing, but IDK. GPD's handheld gaming PC's have been plagued with poor build quality problems if you look on r/gpdwin.

Is there any way to know that these won't be the same for sure?

21. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Think ill buy this in my dream

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - crowdfunding, accessories, announced